Personality Cafe banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm an INFP-Girl from Germany, so first of all: please excuse my english.

Now that's the issue: I got to know an ISFP-guy in november or december last year. At this time I was in an relationship which ended months ago. He's giving me confusing hints and I seriously don't know how to feel about him! This ISFP-guy lives a lot of kilometers away. We just see each other if we truly talk about meeting...
When I first talked to him it was so deep and full of emotions without really knowing each other, totally stunning. He just got me at this time! He even remembered the day I had to hand in my bachelor thesis in january and wished me luck etc. We saw each other in May and even shared a bed, cuddling... As I tend to give him space and can relate how he feels, it was very important for me to do the first steps but also expect something from him. We chat sometimes, but I'm always the one to initiate... I invited him and some other mutual friend to have a nice time at my parents house, which he wanted to see anyway (as he told me...). But yesterday he kinda said that this would'nt happen this year, what totally frustrated me!!!! He has a lot things to do at the moment: starting his thesis, some other things at the university etc...

Could you please tell me something about his (or better:your) behaviour? He totally drives me crazy and I just want to get to know him better. But it seems like there's no chance to meet him. If he wasn't an ISFP I already would have called him and asked for a date, but in this case he would probably feel so under pressure that he wouldn't say a thing, even if he likes me...

So please: Is there anybody out there having experiences with ISFP-guys? I just wanna get to know that totally fascinating guy before I think he doesn't like me even if he does and I'm moving an frustrated by that rejection that doesn't really exists...

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Like you said, he has a lot of things to do.

I put my future above all else, since relationships come and go anyway. The only thing that truly matters to me is my living condition.
I need money for a nice house and such, so studying takes priority above all else. If I have spare time, I don't mind staying in touch, but as you most likely already know being an introvert yourself, alone time is needed and applying force will make me retreat extremely quickly.

Again, school takes priority over things with minimal long term purpose. I guess the best advice I can give you is to wait until he has time.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
It sounds like he's not sure about you and wants his own space. Maybe you should tell him honestly that you want to get to know him better. You need to determine if he's genuinely busy or if he's not interested and doesn't want to offend you. My guess is that, with all due respect, he has other priorities.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts