Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is my lover's type? E..P?

A few descriptions:
-He is truly fixes things. If a prong in a fork is crooked, his Leatherman is out before he even realizes he plans to straighten it. He is really shaken when he tries to fix something and it doesn't work.
-He is a true problem solver. Possible worlds flash rapid fire through his head.
-He over-analyzes things to the point where we nearly always stay in because we can't make a decision about going out.
-He feels responsibility towards caring for others. Being with other people is really satisfying to him.
-He needs to be learning.
-He thinks visually, and describes his memory as good because he relates concepts to outside concepts and makes sense of the systems.

The reasoning behind your thoughts are especially appreciated! I want to be able to think it through myself, as well.

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I can see 'N' because of "He thinks visually, and describes his memory as good because he relates concepts to outside concepts and makes sense of the systems."

Possible types (IMO, since I am no expert): ENxx

Why do you say he is "P"? :)

He might be a sensor but I don't get that vibe much.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see perceives over judges because he tends to be really frustrated by Js, by people who are very rigid. I suppose that doesn't mean he's not a J, though... Sometimes, we have problems communicating because he is a more clear communicator than I am, but I think generally he is constantly collecting more information and changing plans to suit. Although he's very perceptive of other people's emotions, he's seldom aware of his own, due--I think--to how they fluctuate in situations.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Hmm, sounds a little ENTP to me now.

Does this sound like him?
"I need to be doing something interesting as often as I can possibly find something interesting to do. I need a lot of stimulation and I tend to get bored quickly with things that are repetitive or easy to figure out. I really like making up my own approaches to things, doing things my own way, figuring out how things work by experimenting on my own and putting different pieces together until they turn into something meaningful...or at least something novel. I can find humor in a lot of places other people wouldn't necessarily see it, and I enjoy being able to entertain people with my knowledge and various talents. I think I work best when I'm given an open-ended assignment where I can suggest a lot of different possibilities, or connect different ideas together to come up with something better than what was there before. Sometimes I'm so busy thinking about different ideas for changes that I lose sight of practical concerns--it's easy for me to get caught up in the moment and forget about the needs of others around me, although I do actually care about my friends and family a lot more than more than my behavior sometimes suggests. I can get distracted easily, because the most exciting thing for me is always pursuing some kind of new experience or project. I really dislike it when people insist on following traditions or rules that I can't see any good reason for. Occasionally I even upset people without meaning to--sometimes I have trouble understanding why people seem to get upset so easily. I just can't be content living with things as they are if I can think of a better way to approach them. Why accept mundane repetition when you can find ways to make life more interesting?"
It would be cool if you could see which of these functions you can closely relate to him as much as possible: Understanding the 8 Jungian Cognitive Processes (8 Functions)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Initially, I think Te is extremely apt; all descriptors seem especially appropriate, specifically, "deciding if something is working or not." He is a mathematician, and always has a mechanical project going on (cars, bikes .. washing machines, ha).

Ne sounds next closest, especially "picking up meanings and interconnections; being drawn to change 'what is' for 'what could possibly be.'" But the clothing example -- "Noticing the possible meanings of what you might wear: 'Wearing this might communicate…'" -- sounds like something he would scoff at, especially compared to the Te, "'Since I have to stand all day…'" approach.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
1,636 Posts
i consider two options - ESFJ or ENTP :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@ Hycocritical truth teller: I think ENTP is correct. :)

@ Static Dream:
Thank you for the very comprehensive link! I am clearly very under read on personality theory, and I appreciate the redirecting.
It's interesting... reading the descriptor for Ne was so like him: exploring, testing theories, spoiling the endings of books for himself by wondering too deeply at clues in the text. toward Ne, Ni and Si for him. But I titled this thread, "easy" because I feel like he has a strong personality--now I think the conflicts in his personality are what is strong, because I was also very drawn to Si. But tying new information into a web of memories, while simultaneously questioning it and finding ten transformations for every input, seems.. quite right.

And exhausting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts