Personality Cafe banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
I agree except your ranges are 1 year behind. June 1992 would be the last of the 90s kids actually, and June 2002 would be the last of the 2000s kids.
theres no difference between someone born in June or August 1992 for example, they had exactly the same childhood

there is no need for lists like this and it just divides people who theres no difference between and cause arguments, noone spends their entire childhood in just one single decade, you just spend your childhood when you do, you are 5 when you are 5 and 12 when you are 12 and whatever

·
Registered
910 Posts
theres no difference between someone born in June or August 1992 for example, they had exactly the same childhood

there is no need for lists like this and it just divides people who theres no difference between and cause arguments, noone spends their entire childhood in just one single decade, you just spend your childhood when you do, you are 5 when you are 5 and 12 when you are 12 and whatever
Yes, of course not, but June 1992 were the last to have more of their childhood in the 90s than 2000s cause June lies in the first half of the year, and July lies in the second half. However, this term 90s kids is just ridiculous. I mean childhood isnt exactly a fixed age range, though we know for sure 20 and higher isnt childhood. Your earliest conscious memory should be part of your childhood. Honestly, I dont want to be a 90s kid, since a 90s kid is basically a troll born in the 80s who brags about how "great" growing up in the 90s was for it, and puts those born after the 80s down by calling them 2000s kids. If you were old enough to be in preschool and was not an infant, you are a kid. Its not fair to be called a kid of one decade only.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I think people who were born in the middle of a decade are part and part. Like me born in 84. I consider myself part 80s and part 90s. I was joking around with my mom who was born in 57 and telling her she's a 60s kid.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
I think the generations are meant to encompass most everyone but "XXs kid" is a more specific phenomenon that is not that meaningful of a descriptor for many people.

I was born in 1989 so I'm in that place to be that peak insufferable 90s kid (and 00s teen) :crazy: But if I were born a few years earlier or later my childhood would be more spread out among decades and so I doubt it would be a salient identifier, for me at least.

·
Registered
910 Posts
First of all, it depends how you define decades kids. On forums like this, people define it as someone who spent at least fifty percent of its childhood in that particular decade. I always thought it just meant having some childhood in that decade or being born in that decade. That is why the term is just ridiculous slang to me. It has a meaningless definition basically.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts