Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, let me say, I LOVE THIS FORUM!! Now........what, if any, of those "old time" Westerns did you like/watch? Some of my favorites were: The Lone Ranger, Rin Tin Tin, The Rifleman, Bonanza, Have Gun Will Travel, Gunsmoke, Cheyenne, Wild-Wild West, Roy Rogers/Dale Evans and some others. Heck, I go all the way back to Sky King! I've got an entire wall dedicated to those old Western shows with pictures of the shows, their horses and 6-shooters and rifle used. When I was a kid, I got a toy Rifleman rifle for Christmas........so very cool! One of the BEST Western DVD's I have is The Gambler Returns - Luck of the Draw. Johnny Crawford, Chuck Connors, Linda Evans, Gene Barry, Hugh O'Brian and other Western Hero's are in it. One GREAT movie for the tv Western fan (that I am). During the week, I watch Gunsmoke and sometimes Bonanza and the Big Valley on MeTV. Weekday nights, we watch the Rifleman for an hour. On the weekends, AMCHD has Western Mornings with some of the old favorites on. Years ago, at a Celebrity Rodeo in Los Angeles, I got to meet Dan Haggerty of Grizzly Adams and Doug McClure of The Virginian.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Honestly TV westerns were not my thing. I remember my grandmother religiously watching Gunsmoke every Monday night and I still laugh when I think of "Festus".
As far as movies, though, I bow to the genius of Clint Eastwood's westerns, both the early spaghetti ones and his own Unforgiven.

·
Registered
648 Posts
"Bonanza" and "Big Valley" for me. It wasn't the Western genre that appealed to me, it was all the beefcake! Michael Landon and Lee Majors were HAWT!

Reactions: Glenda Gnome Starr

·
queen of glitter gnomes
10,504 Posts
Mostly Bonanza. I really liked Hoss (Dan Blocher). He was funny.
My mom watches old TV westerns on Encore all of the time. She seems hooked on them.

Reactions: damfino

·
queen of glitter gnomes
10,504 Posts
Yeah, hot dudes!!!!

"Bonanza" and "Big Valley" for me. It wasn't the Western genre that appealed to me, it was all the beefcake! Michael Landon and Lee Majors were HAWT!

Reactions: damfino

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Didn't like the remake movies of the Wild, Wild West, True Grit or the current The Lone Ranger. There is only ONE Robert Conrad, John Wayne and Clayton Moore! But, the 1981 movie, The Legend of the Lone Ranger with Klinton Spilsbury and Michael Horse was very good. Still not as good as the original tv show, but good.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Didn't like the remake movies of the Wild, Wild West, True Grit or the current The Lone Ranger. There is only ONE Robert Conrad, John Wayne and Clayton Moore! But, the 1981 movie, The Legend of the Lone Ranger with Klinton Spilsbury and Michael Horse was very good. Still not as good as the original tv show, but good.
Hollywood recycles all these great old stories/shows to draw in the older crowd... using the hot young "in" actors of today to draw in the younger crowd. Why not just try writing really awesome original screenplays, and use TALENTED actors? Nah, too much trouble.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
I grew up watching westerns. Loved all those Roy Rogers shows & watched all those western shows in the 60's. So many. My wife watches reruns of High Chaparral & since the TV is next to my computer I find myself watching them too. Had a crush on Victoria back in the day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts