Personality Cafe banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, my first thought was five (Enneagram) but i've been considering other possibilities lately, i never take tests, well, i do, but i don't really trust them because i don't know how to answer, i think i always lie unconsciously or i just don't know myself enough i don't know. I suck at describing myself or whatever. Also every time i consider a type i end up "acting" a little like that type if i think it fits, like placing the square in the triangle hole by force. Because of that i've thought 3 would be a good fit but "industrious and hardworking" doesn't really fit me. Everytime i try to find some consistency in my personality i come up with "inconsistency is the only consistency here pal", and think "whatever" (when i don't start going nuts taking multiple events that happened as well as possible scenarios to contrast type motivations with to see if it makes sense). I considered 6 for a while but every time i do i think about anxiousness so hard i get anxious for real, so i just stop it, adaptability makes sense though (again only because of the inconsistency).

I started considering 7 today and the motivations seem to match (but then again they always seem like they do at first). Getting stressed and looking like a 1 resonates a lot because i used to be called "Grumpy Old Man" in high school, and highchool = stress. At the start of "freshman year" (the equivalent of that) i was compared to an epicure once when we were learning about what it was in philosofy class, before the teen doom started. Already been addicted to TV, to video games and to anime. Was literally a glutton when younger, so much so that i had intestinal problems and had to start eating healthy. When i was like 9 years old i used to go play outside (well, the building's ground level... big city) every single day, i was the one to call my friend out but then i got tired of it (so he started calling me). I know not to expect anyone to show up to anything i invite them too that was completely my idea because no one will likely show up, but i still wait too long before i start whatever it was on my own anyways (shrugging it off). I indentify with always having something to wait for (a big date for something, like a movie or a travel) as well as with "an unusual ability to pick themselves up and move on after traumatic experiences".

I usually come back to 5 because i'd really like to have everything figured out but everytime i try my thoughts just go random and its a mess, so i have to stop and think realistically (by the way i'm Ti dominant and Se secondary, that i'm sure about, trust me, i thought about it for over 6 months, juggling between many types).
I have a really messy intro thread i regret writing but it might be relevant so here it is: http://personalitycafe.com/intro/50...-decided-participate-forums.html#post16117210

So, what else? I'm a procrastinator, i've been told my level of laid-backness is not normal. I did really well in school tests without studying but i was always the last to finish and on really big ones i couldn't answer every question (still scored higher than most). I can list many interests i have or already had, such as: slacklining, gridiron football, parkour, typology, guns, bow and arrow, school theatre, school newspaper, school recreation group (and i mean the people who take care of the kids and play with them when there's some big activity), swordfighting, fighting, sword, i'd like to try baseball but never managed to, guitar, classic guitar, school movie club and maybe more that i don't remember.

There you go, me speaking about myself in a disorderly manner for a long time because it seems i never handle to speak of myself in an orderly manner.

Edit/PS: "Scheming", always loved that word, as well as "nonchalant" (because of indentifying with them and all).

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
You seem ISTP. What is it you would like to know exactly, if an ISTP can be enneagram 7? Probably it's best to go ask that on the ISTP forum and see what they say? There are some 7's over there.

Also, if you are sure you are Ti dom Se Aux then there is no other function stack option than ISTP. Our dom and aux functions control the rest of the whole function stack.

Ti dom = Fe infeior. Ti dom = Shadow Te
Aux Se = Ni tertiary Aux Se = Shadow Si
Ni tertiary = Shadow Ne
Fe inferior - devilish function Fi (that function you can't really grasp nor understand nor use (it's your weakest and least understood function)

Everyone has one Ji function, one Je function, one Pi function and one Pe function. Then the other's are shadows and opposites of each of those.

Ji functions are judging functions Fi and Ti
Je functions are judging functions Fe and Te
Pi functions are perceiving functions Ni and Si
Pe functions are perceiving functions Ne and Se

If your dom is a Ji then your inferior is the opposite as in Je
if your dom is a Pi then your inferior is Pe
if your dom is Je, then inferior Ji
if your dom is Pe then inferior is Pi

So if your dom is a judging then your inferior is a judging but opposite as dom rules so the other judging function takes a back seat
And your aux and tert would be both percieving if your dom is judging, one extraverted and one introverted, Pi and Pe.

Your dom and aux are you two main strong functions that strongly influence your thought processing, decision making, attributes etc and control the order of the function stack.

So that's how the whole cognitive function stack thing works.

You have 2 extroverted functions, one Je and one Pe, and 2 introverted functions, one Ji and one Pi. And the dom is opposite in intro/extro to the inferior but of the same category, either the judging category or the percieving category.

And the aux is percieving if the dom is judging, and vice verse, and with one extro and one intro of the category it is.

EDIT to add more:

Also please note: whatever your dom is like for ISTP Ti dom then Fi would be pretty much wiped out because both introverted judging functions cannot operate together, so that's another angle to look at the devilish function from (the shadow of the inferior function). They would be in stark opposition with each other, so that inferior shadow is almost non-existent.

·
Birdie Borracho
9,380 Posts
EDIT to add more:

Also please note: whatever your dom is like for ISTP Ti dom then Fi would be pretty much wiped out because both introverted judging functions cannot operate together, so that's another angle to look at the devilish function from (the shadow of the inferior function). They would be in stark opposition with each other, so that inferior shadow is almost non-existent.
Well, I'll have to disagree there. Of course I come from the Socionics school of though with "Model A". ITPs can most definitely use Fi, but it only supports the primary Ti. In the same way that I must use Se, sometimes, in order to fulfill the desires of Ne. After all, how could an ENTP be an inventor if they didn't have motor skills. How could an ISFP, like my brother, naturally understand math, categorization, and analysis if some Ti didn't exist. We all feel, think, and use intuition & our 5 senses. Your type simply indicates your preference, but does not eliminate the ones that aren't preferences.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Well, I'll have to disagree there. Of course I come from the Socionics school of though with "Model A". ITPs can most definitely use Fi, but it only supports the primary Ti. In the same way that I must use Se, sometimes, in order to fulfill the desires of Ne. After all, how could an ENTP be an inventor if they didn't have motor skills. How could an ISFP, like my brother, naturally understand math, categorization, and analysis if some Ti didn't exist. We all feel, think, and use intuition & our 5 senses. Your type simply indicates your preference, but does not eliminate the ones that aren't preferences.
Se doesn't mean having motor skills. Everyone has motor skills.

Here is a description of Se from Cognitive Processes.com

Extraverted Sensing occurs when we become aware of what is in the physical world in rich detail.

We may be drawn to act on what we experience to get an immediate result.

We notice relevant facts and occurrences in a sea of data and experiences, learning all the facts we can about the immediate context or area of focus and what goes on in that context.

An active seeking of more and more input to get the whole picture may occur until all sources of input have been exhausted or something else captures our attention.

Extraverted Sensing is operating when we freely follow exciting physical impulses or instincts as they come up and enjoy the thrill of action in the present moment.

A oneness with the physical world and a total absorption may exist as we move, touch, and sense what is around us.

The process involves instantly reading cues to see how far we can go in a situation and still get the impact we want or respond to the situation with presence.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You seem ISTP. What is it you would like to know exactly, if an ISTP can be enneagram 7? Probably it's best to go ask that on the ISTP forum and see what they say? There are some 7's over there.
Yeah i'm wondering about Enneatype, i know my mbti type. I guess i'll see what comes up at the ISTP section.
That's a very comprehensive answer regarding function stacks, (Y) .

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Yeah i'm wondering about Enneatype, i know my mbti type. I guess i'll see what comes up at the ISTP section.
That's a very comprehensive answer regarding function stacks, (Y) .
Thanks, i was a bit worried that i didn't format it better, we INFP's aren't the greatest communicators on spot, lol :) I was actually thinking to one day do a better formatted style in microsoft doc to have for future reference rather than try to "chat" it out each time. I'm glad you were able to grasp it even though i didn't have the best formatting style. :wink:

And i'll look out for your thread on the ISTP section, i won't comment in it, i'll just observe it. I think it's a good idea to take it up with them on their forum. ISTP's speak very simple but very logical, you will be able to have good communication with them over there.

Best of Luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts