Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Hmm cryptic....

I suppose this could mean "edit" like he's "edited" his prior conclusion about being an ISFP

But don't we all edit ourselves from time to time? During the progression of life? It's a series of edits and events we wish we could white out! We edit ourselves as we learn new perspectives or understand the effects our actions can have on others. Yes, edit... it's a profound moment when we realize we have that power to "edit" ourselves into something much more polished and composed. When we ourselves are finally the "statement" we'd like to release into the world!

Yes. Edit. Bravo.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Hmm cryptic....

I suppose this could mean "edit" like he's "edited" his prior conclusion about being an ISFP

But don't we all edit ourselves from time to time? During the progression of life? It's a series of edits and events we wish we could white out! We edit ourselves as we learn new perspectives or understand the effects our actions can have on others. Yes, edit... it's a profound moment when we realize we have that power to "edit" ourselves into something much more polished and composed. When we ourselves are finally the "statement" we'd like to release into the world!

Yes. Edit. Bravo.
Brilliant interpretation, though the "nvm" above it makes me think that he probably realized he actually is an ISFP. I am not sure how one comes to a conclusion of this sort in the space of 10 minutes, but as long as it fits him best that's what counts.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Brilliant interpretation, though the "nvm" above it makes me think that he probably realized he actually is an ISFP. I am not sure how one comes to a conclusion of this sort in the space of 10 minutes, but as long as it fits him best that's what counts.
Still undecided about type.

The only thing I know is I'm Ixxx and I tend to daydream a lot

I'm trying to narrow it down from there.

Have read that ISFP and INTJ based on brain activity are the most similar so that could explain things

If anyone wants to help me find my type, I wouldn't mind it

·
Heretic
ESI 9w8 5w4 2w1
10,672 Posts
I put myself as INTJ at first, then went over to ISFP and came back to INTJ again later.
It is common to have doubts about your type,
after all, it is an abstract pattern that you are supposed to match yourself up to.
A big one for me was being able to interact with ISFPs IRL, it showed me quite clearly that I wasn't one.
Learning enneagram and being able to compensate for both fixes and instincts also helped me see things clearer.
INTJs are quite different, and many if not most does not conform to stereotype.
Take an INTJ 9w8

Versus a 4w5

versus an 1w2

Quite a few INTJ in breaking bad, almost makes us seem like more than 1% of population.
Still only one INFJ so they can keep their 1% xD

Reactions: brightflashes

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
lmao I didn't notice the nvm because I posted that before I was "awake" :laughing: i.e. at my least observant

Mostly drives me a lil cray when people delete the OP so ya know, I did... that.

Still undecided about type.

The only thing I know is I'm Ixxx and I tend to daydream a lot

I'm trying to narrow it down from there.

Have read that ISFP and INTJ based on brain activity are the most similar so that could explain things
I have very prominent Fi - I think Fi is somewhat obvious/"loud" as far as how it presents, even in the tertiary position. I daydream fairly often but at the same time have a need/drive to see/make the things in my head a reality (if possible. Sometimes I am just daydreaming out of boredom or escapism haha). I think, for me, that translation is very key.

Basically, I don't think that your confusion is abnormal. We share the same functions and really, I could see how the position, or at least trying to determine them within yourself, could be ambiguous. I have never doubted being an INTJ but I have never dwelled on it. I took the MBTI and said, "yup, sounds like me" and moved on haha

I believe typing is a lot more basic i.e. a handful of core traits vs what the internet and memes want to flesh it out to be. But when I read posts here from other INTJs, for the most part, they make perfect sense to me in a way I don't get when I troll other subforums. I understand elements of other types but I identify with other INTJs. It clicks.

Side note: I do have 2 ISFP friends and I will say that I do understand them well... to a point. I will try to think about how to accurately describe: I "get" them when we're talking, we are on a similar wavelength but the way they do and handle things differs. They do things that drive me absolutely nuts and/or make no sense to me vs my INTJ friends, I get what they're doing and usually it is likely the same way I would have done/perceived/handled things.

It's kinda like with INTJs we both speak the exact same version of English and with me and ISFPs, we both speak English but perhaps with differing patois. Best analogy I got haha

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
lmao I didn't notice the nvm because I posted that before I was "awake" :laughing: i.e. at my least observant

Mostly drives me a lil cray when people delete the OP so ya know, I did... that.

I have very prominent Fi - I think Fi is somewhat obvious/"loud" as far as how it presents, even in the tertiary position. I daydream fairly often but at the same time have a need/drive to see/make the things in my head a reality (if possible. Sometimes I am just daydreaming out of boredom or escapism haha). I think, for me, that translation is very key.

Basically, I don't think that your confusion is abnormal. We share the same functions and really, I could see how the position, or at least trying to determine them within yourself, could be ambiguous. I have never doubted being an INTJ but I have never dwelled on it. I took the MBTI and said, "yup, sounds like me" and moved on haha

I believe typing is a lot more basic i.e. a handful of core traits vs what the internet and memes want to flesh it out to be. But when I read posts here from other INTJs, for the most part, they make perfect sense to me in a way I don't get when I troll other subforums. I understand elements of other types but I identify with other INTJs. It clicks.

Side note: I do have 2 ISFP friends and I will say that I do understand them well... to a point. I will try to think about how to accurately describe: I "get" them when we're talking, we are on a similar wavelength but the way they do and handle things differs. They do things that drive me absolutely nuts and/or make no sense to me vs my INTJ friends, I get what they're doing and usually it is likely the same way I would have done/perceived/handled things.

It's kinda like with INTJs we both speak the exact same version of English and with me and ISFPs, we both speak English but perhaps with differing patois. Best analogy I got haha
I'm really sure I'm ISxJ

Could be ISFJ or ISTJ in Si-Fi loop

1 - 9 of 9 Posts