Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey.

So, I've lurked around various forums related to MBTI for a couple of years now and I finally thought I'd go ahead and create one. I'm sortof in a strange phase of life, at 21, about to graduate college, with a fantastic summer internship ahead of me, it would seem everything is just groovy. But, with all this seeming luck I've had in my "external world" I felt it was time to do a little more introspecting and try and find out who exactly I am anyway. Cause really, I think I often forget I'm even a person with a personality. I guess you could say I'm simultaneously very grounded (somehow) in the sense that I've always been motivated school and career-wise, yet very aloof, very "personally" uninvolved in my life. Like there is no strong sense of self that I can identify my actions with in the world. Almost like I'm physically on autopilot, and mentally I'm just in another fucking dimension 24/7. I've tested consistently as an INTP for the past couple of years, although as of late I've found myself really connecting with ENTP traits, however, only around closer friends or people with very similar interests.

I guess I'm here to figure out who I am, exactly. Which, I suspect you're all here for something like that. Just thought I'd share a bit of my story and say hello before I inevitably jump into arguments and start pissing people off.

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
Welcome to Madness. Nice to meet you. Enjoy your stay and remember to not feed the gremlins passed midnight. They're also afraid of water and sunlight.

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
You can probably just jump right into arguments and you probably won't even piss someone off here. Or you'll piss them off, they'll cross the line and get banned.

I've found this sub forum in particular the most welcoming to talk about literally anything with brutal honesty.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Well hello. :D
I'm new as well so it's nice to know I'm not the only new person on this site..
:3

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Welcome. 21 is a great freaking age in my opinion. You're too excited to be cynical for what the world has in store for ya. No one seems to be offended by my tomfoolery and I think people are incapable of being pissed off on this sub-forum even though I've slept with everyone's mom.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can probably just jump right into arguments and you probably won't even piss someone off here. Or you'll piss them off, they'll cross the line and get banned.

I've found this sub forum in particular the most welcoming to talk about literally anything with brutal honesty.
Yay, brutal honesty! I'm definitely not worried about pissing off other xNTPs. I was mostly joking anyway... I'm a pretty agreeable person most of the time. Or, if I really disagree with someone, I'd probably just rather avoid the conflict all together. :p

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
Hi there and welcome. I am sorry you have been diagnosed with INTP. My condolences to you and your family.
Hope you don't mind. I'm going to borrow your quote on the next IxxP i meet. ESPECIALLY for INTP... if at all I ever do come across one.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Around these parts, we like to call that Ti.
Right, haha. My raging Ti is basically the main reason I'm uncomfortable with considering that I may be an ENTP. The cognitive functions in my signature really only apply when I'm socializing, which normally isn't much, but lately I've had to be much more social than I really want to be with group projects for classes and work. If I'm alone, 100% INTP mode.. Fe dies, and Si is used quite a bit.

Anyone else relate?

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
Welcome. 21 is a great freaking age in my opinion. You're too excited to be cynical for what the world has in store for ya.
Disagree.

10char.

Reactions: Minerva1

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
Ha. Are you saying that even at 21 you could be too cynical or that 21 is not a great freaking age or both?
Both. When i was 21 i was misanthropic, still am. The only good thing was alcohol. Which i had to give up briefly due as the absinth was rendering the skin from my esophagus.

Reactions: downsowf

·
Banned
5,780 Posts
Welcome! Milk and cookies are in the corner (it's the only corner, so I am not being ambiguous on purpose), but the milk has curdled and the cookies are stale. Might want to venture into the ENTJ or INTJ subforums for good milk and cookies. The cookies are store-bought though, so you might want to go to the ESFJ and ISFJ subforums. They bake their cookies fresh from scratch daily and the milk comes from a grass-fed cow each morning.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Greetings how nice of you to stop by! Just know we are not responsible for any mental damages that may occur from this point onward, you have been warned. I hope you find what you're looking for.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Greetings how nice of you to stop by! Just know we are not responsible for any mental damages that may occur from this point onward, you have been warned. I hope you find what you're looking for.
Hahah. I have no expectations. If you all are not responsible for any mental damages then neither am I. ;)

·
Registered
61 Posts
I recently joined the forum too, for much the same reason, I'm on a bit of a self-development and self-discovery kick lately. I'm older than you though, I kind of wish I had started doing this 10 years ago.

·
Banned
7,928 Posts
I recently joined the forum too, for much the same reason, I'm on a bit of a self-development and self-discovery kick lately. I'm older than you though, I kind of wish I had started doing this 10 years ago.
If you had started 10 years ago, you wouldn't be the person you are now and maybe what you've learned about yourself would have gone ignored.

·
Registered
61 Posts
If you had started 10 years ago, you wouldn't be the person you are now and maybe what you've learned about yourself would have gone ignored.
Yep, which is why I said "kind of". Mostly I have that thought in relation to job and career. I'm not a particularly driven or ambitious person, which I am fine with, but am feeling a bit stuck and bored in my current job and I'm having trouble getting out, mostly because I don't know where they hell I'm trying to get to.

I just wonder if I had done this thinking about myself earlier, might I now be in a more stimulating, satisfying work environment?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts