Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am an ENFP, and my boyfriend, I have found out recently, is an ESTJ. Supposedly the two types aren't very compatible, but we get along just fine so far. :) So, I was just wondering if any ESTJ's have experience with us ENFP's, and what your impressions of us are. (I guess I'm too scared to ask him myself :p)

·
Registered
707 Posts
P's tend to be really flaky to me. Make sure you do what you say you're going to do and practice being consistant. As far as the F goes, just try not to make emotional decisions. There are reasons for everything he does, and none of his decisions are to hurt you- don't lash out. Good luck!

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
They are cool. I wouldn't mind dating them.

Reactions: Tawna

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
P's tend to be really flaky to me. Make sure you do what you say you're going to do and practice being consistant. As far as the F goes, just try not to make emotional decisions. There are reasons for everything he does, and none of his decisions are to hurt you- don't lash out. Good luck!
Okay, well I know where you're coming from on the whole P's being flaky thing... :) But I am a very weak F, so I don't think we'll have any problems there.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I could not see myself dating an EN*P. The ones that I know are scatterbrained and flaky, it's hard to make reliable plans with them and they're especially complex emotionally. Very warm and friendly, just not my type.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I could not see myself dating an EN*P. The ones that I know are scatterbrained and flaky, it's hard to make reliable plans with them and they're especially complex emotionally. Very warm and friendly, just not my type.
that's cool. Yes, I know what you mean by the complex emotionally. But I think my ESTJ bf likes kinda unraveling everything I say to get the deeper meanings. But I can see where that might get annoying to some. I just wish I was an S or a J. :happy: You guys seem to have everything under such control. Always know what you're doing and how to do it. Unlike me, who just kinda goes along with whatever and makes it up on the spot.

·
Registered
54 Posts
A lot of my friends in high school were xNFP's and I found them really interesting with their spontaneity and care free attitude. But I didn't really fit in with my structured approach to everything. When we became roommates in college things really fell apart. They didn't have jobs and didn't really take school very seriously so things got ugly. I think being with another xNFP would be fun for a while, but in the end it wouldn't work out.

·
Banned
211 Posts
I've met a few ENFPs from my experience and they found it incredibly easy to talk to me but I simply didnt click with any of them. I'd feel drained out after talking to them for awhile. I also find a lot of them impulsive, and that bothers me to an extent. I have an ENFP friend and he's fun to be around.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yea that's something that I wander.. Why are you guys so put off by our impulsiveness? What you see as impulsive I see as a controlled speedy reaction to my environment or me 'testing' or sort of 'interacting' with the environment in a kind of trial and error learning sort of thing

We don't notice the same things or think the same way.. And we sometimes grate on each others nerves and my brand of joking goes right over your heads.

But I love a challenge and I def want to get into your head and figure out how to please you guys.

What actions or expressions make you guys happy?

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Yea that's something that I wander.. Why are you guys so put off by our impulsiveness? What you see as impulsive I see as a controlled speedy reaction to my environment or me 'testing' or sort of 'interacting' with the environment in a kind of trial and error learning sort of thing

We don't notice the same things or think the same way.. And we sometimes grate on each others nerves and my brand of joking goes right over your heads.

But I love a challenge and I def want to get into your head and figure out how to please you guys.

We, or at least the case with me, are not put of by your impulsiveness. That's actually something I enjoy. It's fun. But could be a problem is when it gets too much. I love ENFPs, they're very fun. Though when I'm tired or stressed, their Ne often becomes too much. Sometimes, it's there too much and often. But that is very subjective, and could easily be solved by two healthy persons in a relationship.

Taking care of you. Might sound weird, but (I think it's type-related) we take pride in being dependable and so on. So if I could be protective over and ENFP, and she would allow it and "want it", but at the same time be independent, how that now makes sense. Sorry, I'm tired...

·
Registered
48 Posts

Raising this back from the dead !!

I wouldn't say where put off by spontaneity, or impulsiveness, but it surely has to make some kind of sense. Like that sudden purchase of an expensive lady's bag. No problem once there was a need for the bag and future cash inflows were going to pay for it. It's when there's no reason for the "madness" that bewilders us - sorry we're logical thinkers. But not all ESTJs, some of us are more mature and experience and are in-tune with our creative side, and emotions and can understand these behaviours. Having two lovely children with an ENFP female I can identify!

She gets on my nerves daily, we can only stand each other for about 48 hours and then it's on. That's why we never got married.

We are both very passionate lovers and I think that's what keeps drawing us back to each other. She makes me happy by paying attention to me, doing stuff for me, being adventurous and satisfying my desires. I suppose I make her happy by giving her my undivided attention and demonstrating my intense desire for her (quality time), being romantic (physical touch), treating her well when she's not driving me crazy, and when I'm running around like a madman doing the numerous hair-brained request and schemes she comes up with (acts of service).

To make us happy, just start by giving your undivided attention to us. Once the ESTJ is also interested, they will actually give you the road map to what makes them happy. Good luck!

·
Registered
55 Posts
To make us happy, just start by giving your undivided attention to us. Once the ESTJ is also interested, they will actually give you the road map to what makes them happy. Good luck!
To reiterate on this point, as an ESTJ, I don't need A LOT of attention but when I'm talking to you, that's when I need your undivided attention. I hate making the effort to be with someone, say over dinner and they have their phone on the table and they're looking through it constantly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts