Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in getting to know this INTJ... but it feels like I kind of annoy him. He appreciates my intelligence, but I just can't help but feel I am too goofy for him? He says he likes it, but I'm just not sure? How do you act if yu all feel about ENTP's, and how do you are annoyed and/or like someone? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
I like ENTPs.

When i like someone i act the same way round them i do with anyone else i like. I just don't say anything.

I like silly people as long as they aren't trying to force me to be silly.

·
Banned
1 Posts
My profile says I'm FP, but I flit between TP depending on my mood:p So I should be able to have prospective on this I think...My intj had a lot of walls up when I first met her. INTJ's are just like that....as introverts they will have some walls up. Theres all kinds of ways it can manifest. Mine acted aloof. Perhaps acting annoyed is his way of weeding out people? That way they can stand back, observe your reaction and judge accordingly;) I think your best bet would be to get him alone where you can use your goofiness to disarm him...then, I believe he would open up and start to get to know you. The magic of it...is that you can really be yourself around these people. Be silly, be honest, delve into area's of conversation "most" people don't. They can handle it and will, in turn, be refreshed by how laid back you are and how you make them feel. So yeah! He's not lying when he says he likes it...Its wierd, I know...mine says the same. They really do though! Good luck :p hope this helped!

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
He says he likes it, but I'm just not sure?
All the male INTJs I know are not frivolous with compliments.

It appears that he is fond of you. Take what ever compliment he gives you to heart, I am sure he really means it.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I've just been finding out recently that most of my best friends have been INTJ. Very interesting.

but it feels like I kind of annoy him.
Hehe... probably most people do. I know that feeling. But apparently an INTJ can be annoyed by someone and still be their friend.

I don't totally understand what goes on the mind of an INTJ, but it probably has something to do with his train of thought or current action being interrupted by randomness. Not the randomness of what you're talking about, but just the attention you're showing him, because he has to switch his focus over to you.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I have a very close (male) INTJ friend annd I know what you mean - don't worry about it. I used to feel like I had to temper myself around him, but it turns out he doesn't mind/enjoys my eccentricity. INTJ's will really respect intelligence and intuitiveness. If you impress him on those levels yet act a bit wild and silly, he'll probably just find it oddly refreshing. He'll still be quiet and demure in funny/exciting situations, but he'll still be having fun. In the case with my INTJ, we've gotten to the point where our differences in personality are funny to us in themselves, so I'll deliberately try to shake him up and poke fun at him and he'll continually demonstrate his superior calmness and restraint .. but then we laugh about it. I think INTJ's have a secret silly side. Try bonding with him over Monty Python or something.

And this:
All the male INTJs I know are not frivolous with compliments.

It appears that he is fond of you. Take what ever compliment he gives you to heart, I am sure he really means it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I've just been finding out recently that most of my best friends have been INTJ. Very interesting.

Hehe... probably most people do. I know that feeling. But apparently an INTJ can be annoyed by someone and still be their friend.

I don't totally understand what goes on the mind of an INTJ, but it probably has something to do with his train of thought or current action being interrupted by randomness. Not the randomness of what you're talking about, but just the attention you're showing him, because he has to switch his focus over to you.
That's funny as I've also felt I'm some sort of ENTP magnet. What I've learned is that normally it's ya'll who get the ball rolling, sometimes almost appearing pushy in developing the friendship. Eventually when the newness wears off entp's tend to drift away but will always come around again when the wind blows back in the intj direction. A mistake is to "chase after" them, whether it's platonic or romantic as they'll just ran further , faster and keep away longer, lol.:tongue:

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
There seems to be some sort of immediate attraction between INXJ and ENXP sides of the MBTI 'periodic table'. Was a discussion about it on NF forums where we were trying to figure out how Ni-Se and Ne-Si functions work out and why do ENFPs and INFJs experience so much attraction to each other, almost like a magnetic pull. I must say that ENTPs have their magnetic pull on INFJs, too, albeit may be a bit less than ENFPs. So then it got me wondering if INTJs have the same thing going with ENTPs. It is like as if there is this special synergy created between the cognitive functions when ENXP and INXJ types meet, what I believe is also known as "chemistry" or "that spark" among many other names that results in friendships and relationships between them.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh my. Thank you all for your insight. I just spent some time with this INTJ... and yes, he actually really does like my silliness. He is unlike anyone I know, and at first he was VERY reserved... which is strange to me because I am extremely outgoing and carefree. After even a couple hours of really stimulating conversation he busted out talking in an Indian accent. It was so out of the blue and downright hilarious. He said that he likes how I bring out his "silly" side... even if it is more calculated than mine. He utterly fascinates me :) And apparently I do the same for him. Win.

Reactions: Hemoglobin and vel

·
Banned
212 Posts
I am interested in getting to know this INTJ... but it feels like I kind of annoy him. He appreciates my intelligence, but I just can't help but feel I am too goofy for him? He says he likes it, but I'm just not sure? How do you act if yu all feel about ENTP's, and how do you are annoyed and/or like someone? Thanks in advance!
You and your INTJs... :tongue:

1. Yes, as all the others said: When an INTJ says he likes you, that is the ultimative compliment. INTJs generally don't use euphemisms which sometimes can be very offending.

2. I like ENTPs because they can be goofy. What I love about them is their outgoing, "who cares?", provoking, extravagant, sarcastic attitude.

3. I'm a more extroverted INTJ, but if I like someone, I usually talk with them and try to find out how they think, their personality, their ideas etc.

4. When an ENTP confronts or teases me, it turns me on and I usually look at her without an expression – that is the moment I observe/appreciate/savor how different she is from me – and I might think "Yes girl, just go along that line, when you reach the end I'll snatch you".

5. If I'm annoyed by someone I try to end the conversation, maybe find someone else to talk to. I like small talk, but it has to meet certain standards, be it economics, medicine, physics, architecture, art etc. If you're a professional in your field, whatever field that is, I'll definitely be interested about how your field "works" as it will give me another piece for my puzzle which is the "big picture".

6. Don't talk to me about trivial things such as mold in the bathroom. When I talk to SFs I think non-trivial and non-theoretical topics where we can "meet" are cooking, travelling, literature and psychology, especially with the ladies. With men it's tools, cars (engineering), alcohol (and its engineering), extreme sports, travelling.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts