Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
If you're referring to Donald Trump then no. I think he's a dick that has no business being the President of the U.S
And that's one reason I like ESTPs. You are unafraid to tell the world what you think.

I find that I have two reactions to ESTPs. I usually like their straightforward approach to the world, because it is easy for me to understand. I don't have to spend time guessing motivations and worrying about feelings. I can relax and have fun with them. If we have a thoughtful conversation, I often find their take on the world quite insightful, in a way very different from my approach. That is good for me.

Some ESTPs can be kind of scary. They seem to tramp through life and not worry about who is getting hurt along the way. And a few seem to actually enjoy hurting and manipulating others - like they are getting an emotional high from the power trip. But that is mostly among immature people who have insecurity issues - think high school. (And the president.)

·
Banned
601 Posts
Redacted.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And that's one reason I like ESTPs. You are unafraid to tell the world what you think.

I find that I have two reactions to ESTPs. I usually like their straightforward approach to the world, because it is easy for me to understand. I don't have to spend time guessing motivations and worrying about feelings. I can relax and have fun with them. If we have a thoughtful conversation, I often find their take on the world quite insightful, in a way very different from my approach. That is good for me.

Some ESTPs can be kind of scary. They seem to tramp through life and not worry about who is getting hurt along the way. And a few seem to actually enjoy hurting and manipulating others - like they are getting an emotional high from the power trip. But that is mostly among immature people who have insecurity issues - think high school. (And the president.)
Immaturity sucks no matter the type though. I live by one rule which is ''try not to be a dick''. Apart from that rule I do what I feel like doing.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Why do we think Trump is a T? This is a guy who said his net worth varies day to day based on how he feels. He always seemed like an ESFP to me.

·
Plague Doctor
INTJ, 5w4, Ni-T type
6,039 Posts
I *LOVE* ESTPs. They are fun, energetic, and hilarious. One of my closest (oldest) friends I've known for 22 years is an ESTP. I absolutely love him - in small doses. I cannot ESTP full-time. I need breaks here and there. But I haven't ever met an ESTP I didn't like (that I know of at least).

Me and my friend, though. I mean, we are really close. We even discussed marriage at one point (sort of like a business contract at the time, now that I think of it), but it came down to my inability to keep up with him and one little problem (him being gay) which didn't suit either one of us that well. lol I think we're both happier for it, though.

- - - - - - - - - -

Why do we think Trump is a T? This is a guy who said his net worth varies day to day based on how he feels. He always seemed like an ESFP to me.
@hornpipe2 thinks this way as well. When I think of it, I don't see him as an ESTP so much as someone who has inferior Ni - just complete inability to plan. But then, I also hold the opinion that he has at least one Axis II disorder, potential neurological damage, and maybe even more legitimate clinical disorders. I do take the (more uncommon) opinion that he's an Enneatype 3 rather than an Enneatype 7w8 that most think he is.

·
Plague Doctor
INTJ, 5w4, Ni-T type
6,039 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
From my experience..
Positives:practical,fun to be around,have the most creative one-liners and insults xD,energetic,social but not fake,tend to have many interests.

Negatives:Judge too quickly,irresponsible,can be too insensitive,not very analytical.

I think that it's my "favourite" type out of the ESxxs.

·
Registered
INTP 9w1-5w4-2w3 sp/so
2,600 Posts
I think ESTPs can be interesting people and cool people. I admit I do find them intimidating at times but then again, I am very easily intimidated. I have nothing against them but when my mind is wired so differently from someone else's it's almost like we're on a different plane of existence and I say one thing, they hear another and visa versa. It is not intentional on their part and once we get to know each other, even if we have our differences, we can be friendly. We see the world very differently and it can be hard for us to communicate.

They are more in the moment and focused on reality and are usually more outspoken than I am. Sometimes, I may perceive things they say as intensive but in hindsight, this is not always the intention. Most of the ESTPs I have met are much more opened about things than I am. I guess hearing it like it is can be refreshing and I like hearing another perspective. It is not always the same perspective as mind but I would hate it if everyone was the same. It probably depends on the ESTP. I do love it when we do have positive conversations and are able to see eye-to-eye on things.

·
Registered
623 Posts
My 16-year-old brother is an ESTP. We are quite close, and he's probably the one who I'm closest to in my entire family.

Reactions: Froody Blue Gem

·
Registered
5,535 Posts
Hey, just wondering what you guys think of ESTPs like myself :)
I don't know what I think of you because I don't know you, but I can tell you about the three ESTPs that I do know fairly well: my childhood friend (female), my ex (male) and my colleague/friend (male).

What I appreciate about them is:
- They all took the initiative to approach me.

- They are uncomplicated about socializing (no drama, no overthinking based on weird assumptions).

- They can read people's body language well and know what is going on, e.g. territorial matters (if they are in your personal space they will be there on purpose and they also know how to sneak up in a non-threatening way; I also know where they are because they have physical reality to me due to Se; they're not 'phaseshifted' like Ne-doms and aux). They know if someone fancies them or not and don't fall over backwards when someone is friendly to them (XNTPs can't deal with spontaneous friendliness because they think it's something else, either an attack or a flirting).

- They are good at figuring me when it comes to Ni, Se, my general habits and preferences. Not so good at figuring out how Te-Fi works. They expect Fe-Ti and unpleasant surprises, but they are grateful when they get a pleasant surprise via Te-Fi (the bossy voice annoys them and they expect trouble, but then I fuss with them.)

- When they drag me somewhere to socialize, it's clear that they actually want to socialize with me. It's not just a mission that they are on where they have a theory that I should socialize more (but with somebody else). They praise me and indicate that I'm a brave little kitty who is trying very hard when I go to horrible noisy places with them. They can accept my explanation that too many sensory inputs overwhelm me and make me go quiet and they fuss with me when I admit that. Some other types just act like I'm an awkward shit but they are no better themselves in this respect.

- When they troll me too much or diss me, I can fight back by shouting and spontaneous Se reactions. They can take that and won't pursue the same point forever. ENTPs like to troll me, but I can't fire back with Se because it would be unfair on them and they can't actually deal with that, no matter how much they big themselves up.

What I don't like that much:
- Their tendency to assume that they are the only people who ever get anything done and that everyone has/ should have the same aims as them.
- Competitiveness.
These two factors cause no end of unnecessary arguments. But then again, I can talk back to them more easily than to other types. It's just not conducive to harmonious relations.

What do you think of INTJs?

·
Banned
2,152 Posts
Who wants to know, and why?

And why do you want the opinion of an INTJ?

I see some opinions above from INTJ, but I need a reason for your question, and a reason to assume you have any reason for asking your inappropriately-broad question, nearly empty of all content, and conspicuously absent of any humane context.

So, answer my questions, and I'll think about your little "problem," as soon as you can state it.

ETA You could also do yourself a real big favor and explain why you're asking in this subforum. Otherwise, your non-question indicates a an unarticulated motive, which you have not explained, and so is therefore suspicious.

·
Banned
614 Posts
It depends on how mature the ESTP is. My dad is an ESTP. I've been around a few mature ESTPs that I get along with very well. I've noticed that both myself and mature ESTPs appreciate each others insights on different topics and the fact that we can both learn from each other. On the other hand, a little goes a long way in terms of being around an immature ESTP. I spent a lot of time around two ESTPs during my senior year of High School, and they would constantly be moving around and causing disruption. If I'd call them out on it, they would go off and try to inflict hell on me for a period of time. Again, those two weren't a good impression of ESTPs for me, but I've found that I get along pretty well with the rest of them.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I don't know what I think of you because I don't know you, but I can tell you about the three ESTPs that I do know fairly well: my childhood friend (female), my ex (male) and my colleague/friend (male).

What I appreciate about them is:
- They all took the initiative to approach me.

- They are uncomplicated about socializing (no drama, no overthinking based on weird assumptions).

- They can read people's body language well and know what is going on, e.g. territorial matters (if they are in your personal space they will be there on purpose and they also know how to sneak up in a non-threatening way; I also know where they are because they have physical reality to me due to Se; they're not 'phaseshifted' like Ne-doms and aux). They know if someone fancies them or not and don't fall over backwards when someone is friendly to them (XNTPs can't deal with spontaneous friendliness because they think it's something else, either an attack or a flirting).

- They are good at figuring me when it comes to Ni, Se, my general habits and preferences. Not so good at figuring out how Te-Fi works. They expect Fe-Ti and unpleasant surprises, but they are grateful when they get a pleasant surprise via Te-Fi (the bossy voice annoys them and they expect trouble, but then I fuss with them.)

- When they drag me somewhere to socialize, it's clear that they actually want to socialize with me. It's not just a mission that they are on where they have a theory that I should socialize more (but with somebody else). They praise me and indicate that I'm a brave little kitty who is trying very hard when I go to horrible noisy places with them. They can accept my explanation that too many sensory inputs overwhelm me and make me go quiet and they fuss with me when I admit that. Some other types just act like I'm an awkward shit but they are no better themselves in this respect.

- When they troll me too much or diss me, I can fight back by shouting and spontaneous Se reactions. They can take that and won't pursue the same point forever. ENTPs like to troll me, but I can't fire back with Se because it would be unfair on them and they can't actually deal with that, no matter how much they big themselves up.

What I don't like that much:
- Their tendency to assume that they are the only people who ever get anything done and that everyone has/ should have the same aims as them.
- Competitiveness.
These two factors cause no end of unnecessary arguments. But then again, I can talk back to them more easily than to other types. It's just not conducive to harmonious relations.

What do you think of INTJs?
Thank you for the answer, I don't know much about types but found this forum. So I don't really know how to answer your question. Also I forgot about the site and went to do other stuff which is why my answer is so late.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts