Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are you guys thouhgts on nietsche,and his concepts like the superman,eternal recurrence,the will to power,he says that the will to life is not the core or ultimate essense of nature,but the will to power,and that the will to life is only a lesser by product,which can make sense in suicide bombers beliving they going to have a higher inheratence by commiting such acts,also the superman is great,stating that man has come from apes,and yet man is still half ape and not fully man,and a time will come when man will become the superman,

·
Banned
2,152 Posts
Yeah, I'll give it a go.

However, I honestly don't remember many of his works -- you know, if pressed, I could probably summarize some of them, but I wouldn't want to. The few commentaries I recall as being worthwhile were Deleuze's, Klossowski's, and Heidegger's lecture series were one of the bright spots in that tainted corpus.

I have kept my copies of his works, unlike many other writers' works I banished from my private stash, but I do happen to have on my desk, let me see, yes, it was some effort of Stanford UP to collect FN's writings in a standard way, in Engl. transl.

So, for me, the thing I've retained was, for a long time, really only available to the public in a French little pocket-book called "The Book of the Philosopher [livre du philosophe]."

Turns out most of these entries are now here, in vol. 11: Unpublished Writings from the Period of Unfashionable Observations.

What I value in those stem from the famous observation that the philosopher is a man caught in the webs of the language.

It's more or less the basis for my understanding of the originary stories of incarnation, of the role of metaphor in language, and it's the basis of my crude interest in Christianity.

I think I've about shot my wad, as far as that goes -- it's not something I think about too much these days, except occasionally I'll pick up that volume and see if I can find an idea.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts