Personality Cafe banner

421 - 423 of 423 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
There's a part of me that wishes I was above that. But there is another part of me that says why are you worried about it? You flirt, you get a compliment - you give a compliment and move on. But why do I do it? That's my question at this point in my life is why?
This is an old post, and I don't know if you are still around, but I wonder.

I wonder if you have more insight into that question. What drives some of us - perhaps a bit later in life - to go through what you mentioned here?

The encounter with an ESTP, which you described in your last post in this thread, is riveting, personally. I went through the same with an ESTP a year ago. The flirt was not at all intentional then, but substantial upon reflection, and it haunts me to this day. It will be one of a few significant events in my life, which I will remember to the very end.

What haunts me, however, is not a regret; it is this very haunt itself, which I think goes back to that question you mentioned. What in the world is it that we are missing in secret?

·
Registered
615 Posts
I think that being a mature INFJ is my greatest gift. Yes, growing up and having no clue why I felt out of place with most every other human that I encountered was daunting but as an adult I love who I am. I've mastered being the social chameleon, I rarely feel awkward in social situations and my intuition is sharper now than it has ever been. Forums like this where people can exchange ideas and stories will go a long way in helping all personalities but especially so for INFJs.

·
Registered
92 Posts
what you call 'needy' some might call 'intimate', what you call 'emotional basketcase' some might call 'highly sensitive', or even simply 'emotional'. might want to rephrase your question, though i doubt anyone would trust your intentions or open mindedness enough to give you an answer. if you come across as so immediately judgmental and condescending why try?
Amen to that

421 - 423 of 423 Posts