Personality Cafe banner

Thoughts on INFPs?

[ENTP] 
Tags
infps?
12K views 70 replies 26 participants last post by  Lummex 
#1 ·
What do you think about us? Relationships? Friendships?

#4 ·
I don't meet many of them, but they seem alright. I really have to censor myself, though, in order to avoid offending them -- that gets majorly annoying.
that annoys me too...so i learned not to get offended. i might be the only one in the world who doesn't get offended by anything. lol. yeah, i'm looking to date one right now but i'm not sure what's going on in his head. i've read somewhere that ENTPs like a challenge, but seriously, has anyone ever tried to play hard to get??! It's really hard.

i'm just annoyed. i know that he likes me, but i'm not going to make the first move. i just don't know what to do after that...or anymore.

i should've titled this advice for an infp...damn it.

Reactions: agokcen
#5 ·
I tend to be attracted to them and them to me. It's probably my most natural attraction other than maybe INTJ's. (Attraction meaning either friendship or otherwise.) But I think you have to have a highly intuitive and empathic ENTP for it to really work long-term, as well as a somewhat tough-skinned INFP.

#7 ·
My best mate and sister is an INFP. She is kool as hell and has mental banter with me and most the time is completely awesome but sometimes she gets into self-wallowing moods that I hate. But normally I kick her out of these.

Online INFPs tend to be kool but to easily insulted. I don't have that problem with my sis cause she is used to me and actually has reasonable Ti and quite thick skin!

#10 ·
a really good friend of mine is an infp.

id say its a great combination for friends...surprisingly enough we see eye to eye more than i see him as a bitch

great for friends....as far as relationships go i think type really doesnt matter

#12 ·
Sometimes I get along with them and sometimes I don't. In most respects I get along really well with INFPs, but their tendency to get offended and cease to engage me frustrates me, and of course they react negatively to my frustration, and the cycle continues. In general I seem to get along with them really well though.

#17 ·
My old boss was an ENTP and we used to just sit around and talk for hours, which he paid me for lol I was interested in his work and he appreciated that for sure. ENTPs are such closet geeks. Geeky, but not socially inept like INTJs (I kinda dig socially inept too though).

#21 ·
is it normal for an ENTP to take forever to ask for a freaking number?! seriously, he hasn't asked for it. it's been 3 months. so i got annoyed and ignored him to only be approached later for some more small talk. yeah...idk. if he wants a challenge, he'll get one from me. i'm an infp, and i don't like conflict, but if i have to do something, i'll do it. and i'll win. i always win. i'm just not sure which approach i should go with. ENTPs?? What would you suggest?

#23 ·
be straight forward about what you want. be laid back. and act as if what he does doesn't faze you. you could take him or leave him. but don't make him think you're playing games.

#24 ·
Idk about other ENTP's, but I am *not* confident in my ability to read people. ENTP's dislike rejection as much as any other type. Maybe he's not sure that you like him, so he's being hesitant. If thats the case, he's not meaning to be annoying, he just needs a bigger sign or needs an overly obvious nudge. As an ENTP, I do like a challenge, but not in a relationship. I don't like to play games because it makes me question what little confidence in my ability to read people that I have and it'll make me even less likely to say something or do something about it. There's plenty of people in the world I could get along with; if somebody's gonna play those games with me, being all flirty one moment and then ignoring me the next for a reason unbeknown to me, then personally, I'm not gonna stay interested very long.

#26 ·
yeah. i don't do ignoring very well. and i did it because i was just really frustrated and didn't feel like dealing with another thing. i mean, nothings going to change how we treat each other. he is a good friend (though i don't believe in guys and girls being true friends. one always likes the other). but i don't want to friend zone him. i'm not going to obviously flirt with him because i don't need to. we get along really well. we can talk about anything and laugh and joke around. there's not personal bubble anymore. he can get as close as he wants and vis versa and there's not awkwardness. but i don't want to ask him out. and he's already asked me indirectly to coffee through a bet which he won (shocker. ENTP winning a bet). and then offered to pay for my lunch yesterday to which we had a little arguement and he let me win and pay. idk. FML. i've never been so confused. i can't believe i'm having difficulty reading an ENTP. i'm so good at reading people, too.

#30 ·
I dunno...ENTPs are direct and take initiative (and then proceed to lose interest slowly regardless of the subject). Are you sure he wants you and isn't just an attention whore (i.e. an ENTP)? I'd ignore him if I were you. ENTPs can't take being ignored. It's kind of endearing.

#32 ·
i can take being ignored. id ask if i did something and if i didnt and they continued with it id think that person was immature and dumb and cut them out of my life. no joke. it's happened.

#33 ·
I honestly don't think he's an attention whore (weird for ENTPs. I know), only b/c he doesn't talk to anyone else, really. He's fairly quiet. When you get him to talk, he does, and a lot. But, there's just too many little things he does for me than for other girls. I guess I'll just be casual.

And just a general question, what do you guys think about INFPs in general. I mean, I know I changed the subject before, but are we mysterious? confusing? too sensitive? illogical?

#44 ·
Again based on only one INFP relationship, there's no doubt you have emotional complexity, but you're a lot less emo and hard to understand than the stereotypes, at least when you open up and feel comfortable. I think when an ENTP learns to appreciate it, it it tickles our curiosity of the complex and when your emotions are good, they are hmm, scrumptious.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.