Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think about us? Relationships? Friendships?

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I don't meet many of them, but they seem alright. I really have to censor myself, though, in order to avoid offending them -- that gets majorly annoying.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't meet many of them, but they seem alright. I really have to censor myself, though, in order to avoid offending them -- that gets majorly annoying.
that annoys me too...so i learned not to get offended. i might be the only one in the world who doesn't get offended by anything. lol. yeah, i'm looking to date one right now but i'm not sure what's going on in his head. i've read somewhere that ENTPs like a challenge, but seriously, has anyone ever tried to play hard to get??! It's really hard.

i'm just annoyed. i know that he likes me, but i'm not going to make the first move. i just don't know what to do after that...or anymore.

i should've titled this advice for an infp...damn it.

Reactions: agokcen

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I tend to be attracted to them and them to me. It's probably my most natural attraction other than maybe INTJ's. (Attraction meaning either friendship or otherwise.) But I think you have to have a highly intuitive and empathic ENTP for it to really work long-term, as well as a somewhat tough-skinned INFP.

·
Registered
364 Posts
My best mate and sister is an INFP. She is kool as hell and has mental banter with me and most the time is completely awesome but sometimes she gets into self-wallowing moods that I hate. But normally I kick her out of these.

Online INFPs tend to be kool but to easily insulted. I don't have that problem with my sis cause she is used to me and actually has reasonable Ti and quite thick skin!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I used to chat a lot with an ENTP, our humor was matching. When we met, however, she felt that I didn't click with her on a personal level. I had thought she was nice, and vice versa, but I guess she was just looking someone perfect.
:sad:

·
Registered
545 Posts
a really good friend of mine is an infp.

id say its a great combination for friends...surprisingly enough we see eye to eye more than i see him as a bitch

great for friends....as far as relationships go i think type really doesnt matter

·
Registered
513 Posts
I used to chat a lot with an ENTP, our humor was matching. When we met, however, she felt that I didn't click with her on a personal level. I had thought she was nice, and vice versa, but I guess she was just looking someone perfect.
:sad:
sounds so familiar, i almost thought you were an old friend. :laughing:

ENTP in conversation: we aren't going anywhere. do you want to try this way?
INFP: *follows*
--
INFP: *to self* if i go this way maybe he'll follow.
ENTP: where the hell did he go?

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Sometimes I get along with them and sometimes I don't. In most respects I get along really well with INFPs, but their tendency to get offended and cease to engage me frustrates me, and of course they react negatively to my frustration, and the cycle continues. In general I seem to get along with them really well though.

·
Registered
545 Posts
i think infp will deal with u offending them once ur friends

·
Registered
359 Posts
i'm just annoyed. i know that he likes me, but i'm not going to make the first move. i just don't know what to do after that...or anymore.
I'd suggest you engage him in conversation about whatever you like or think your common interests might be. I'm sure he'll take it from there. That was exactly how my relationship started.

Just be aware that we get absorbed in our projects. If he ignores you, it's nothing personal. Knock his papers on the floor or something.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'd suggest you engage him in conversation about whatever you like or think your common interests might be. I'm sure he'll take it from there. That was exactly how my relationship started.

Just be aware that we get absorbed in our projects. If he ignores you, it's nothing personal. Knock his papers on the floor or something.

Yeah, see...we have a LOT of things in common. In fact, since I work with him everyday, and our jobs don't consist of much, we can literally talk for the 8 hours we're there, which we do. Problem is, he hasn't asked for a number or anything. He mentioned coffee. But, that's it. So, I'm not sure if I should approach him and ask what the hell is going on or if I should just continue on with whatever. :dry:

·
Registered
274 Posts
My old boss was an ENTP and we used to just sit around and talk for hours, which he paid me for lol I was interested in his work and he appreciated that for sure. ENTPs are such closet geeks. Geeky, but not socially inept like INTJs (I kinda dig socially inept too though).

·
Registered
274 Posts
And I don't know why everyone thinks INFPs are hyper sensitive. I'm emotionally reactive, but I get over things quickly. Perhaps my Te is just well developed.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Yeah, see...we have a LOT of things in common. In fact, since I work with him everyday, and our jobs don't consist of much, we can literally talk for the 8 hours we're there, which we do. Problem is, he hasn't asked for a number or anything. He mentioned coffee. But, that's it. So, I'm not sure if I should approach him and ask what the hell is going on or if I should just continue on with whatever. :dry:
That's a little different - for some reason I thought you were casual acquaintances. Hmmmm, I'd say tweak him - toss something at him or play a practical joke - have some fun. If he's like me, he'll engage you, and pay attention without you having to ask. If you haven't done something like that before, I'm guessing he'll see you're flirting. I dunno if you can get away that where you work, but....

·
Registered
359 Posts
And I don't know why everyone thinks INFPs are hyper sensitive. I'm emotionally reactive, but I get over things quickly. Perhaps my Te is just well developed.
I think that is just it, you can tend to react strongly to little things, but you get over it astonishingly quickly. I'd say there's no grudges either.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts