Personality Cafe banner

Thoughts on ISFP's

[INTJ] 
2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  SyndiCat 
#1 ·
Just wondering what do you guys think about ISFP's?

#3 ·
I want to date one.

#6 ·
"Reality" is what you make of it. And if you try hard enough, dreams do come true.
Hell, I don't like being "realistic" either.

#8 ·
lol, you are an ENTJ? You really know how to push the wrong buttons on an INTJ. :laughing:
Well as much as i know you have to be realistic, I try as much as possible to influence reality. If it doesn't work, at least I tried my best. And you should too.
Well then I didn't mean to offend:laughing:

#11 ·
Well as much as i know you have to be realistic, I try as much as possible to influence reality. If it doesn't work, at least I tried my best. And you should too.
Well then I didn't mean to offend:laughing:
That is indeed the ENTJ way, work your ass off hoping for the best. INTJ's tend to know if something works before they work on it. It's more efficient.

If I have to say to my self "At least I tried my best." I would be very dissapointed with myself. I'm not going to work on something, hoping, that it will work out fine. I will first figure out if it can be done and how and only then start working on it.

So I shouldn't try my best like you´re suggesting. That's just "feel good" logic to justify failure.

This was an interesting interaction. Exactly the way I experience ENTJ's in real life as well. :happy:

#9 ·
From what I have observed in my short existence, I am fairly convinced that there is only one dimension of existance that can be perceived the same by all its inhabitants. This dimension is governed by the known laws of physics and that is what I define as reality. As an conscious animal who lives in such a dimension, one can decide, conscious or not, to understand the environment and to change it if they desire or to ignore it and "go with the flow".
I don't know if it's just me, but I tend not to ignore what I have just defined as reality or to diminish it to my level of understanding or to my interest.
When I said that
He lives in his own beautiful world and has nothing to do with reality
I meant that he ignores the above defined "reality" and makes decisions based on his own perception of the world, which is influenced very much by what he feels about things. THAT PISSES ME OFF. It really affected all his major decisions and my existance.
I hope that I was a little more clear this time.

PS English is not my primary language.

#10 ·
From what I have observed in my short existence, I am fairly convinced that there is only one dimension of existance that can be perceived the same by all its inhabitants. This dimension is governed by the known laws of physics and that is what I define as reality. As an conscious animal who lives in such a dimension, one can decide, conscious or not, to understand the environment and to change it if they desire or to ignore it and "go with the flow".
I don't know if it's just me, but I tend not to ignore what I have just defined as reality or to diminish it to my level of understanding or to my interest.
When I said that I meant that he ignores the above defined "reality" and makes decisions based on his own perception of the world, which is influenced very much by what he feels about things. THAT PISSES ME OFF. It really affected all his major decisions and my existance.
I hope that I was a little more clear this time.

PS English is not my primary language.
Absolutely. If we're talking about *this* reality, which I think you are[don't get me started on different dimensions:crazy:].
I understand the importance of being realistic, but sometimes it's hard not to be a dreamer and try your best to construct reality to your own advantage.
Makes decisions on how he feels..ah, I see. I had this trouble with my SF family who were always asking how I felt about making X or Y decision. It didn't matter how I felt!
I don't trust decisions based on feelings either.
It's a toughie. Either you can tell him that feelings aren't always the best way to make decisions, or you can just "grin and bear it."

#13 ·
my brother is intj. when we're drunk together the crowd pays close attention.

yes, this is my brother.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.