Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just wondering what you INTPs think about ISFPs :D

Reactions: akiyama

·
Registered
793 Posts
I've met 1 ISFP. She was pretty cute, though very much not someone who I would at all want to be around for longer periods of time.
I have to say it straight forward. I cannot judge all by the actions of one. But if every ISFP is the same as this one ISFP I'd rather prefer solitude.

There is greatness in all, That one ISFP is the greatest artistic personal I've encountered yet so far. But it clashes with my very "computer-like" personality.

·
Not a Robot
2,152 Posts
I have several very good friends that are ISFPs. We get along really well. We have a mutual respect going. Romantically? I don't know how it could work.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Also they have difficulty understanding what I'm talking about sometimes and could just yell at me for not making it unbelievably simple for them.

but other than that, they're swell fellas.

·
King of Seduction
ENTJ
7,550 Posts
My first and to this point only love was an ISFP

At this point in my life I can say she pisses me off and I pretty much don't even wish her well anymore.
She is really stubborn about her ideas - Fi.

It was great when we saw eye to eye but now we're pretty much not on the same page anymore.
Getting anything through to her is like like getting a square peg in circular hole.
Can't use reason.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I was friends with an unhealthy ISFP and it was horrible, her Fi-Se scared me to death!! She was very aggressive and her feelings about the unfairness in her life and was just over the top. She always thought I was disagreeing with her because of my Ti-Ne. And she thought I was arrogant when I didn't mean to be. It was volatile!

Haven't met any healthy ISFPs though, so I couldn't say.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
My sister and the girl i'm currently dating are ISFPs.

I want to premise that i don't think being stubborn is inherently bad. If you have a point, you have all the reasons for being stubborn. You MUST be stubborn if you have your good reasons, otherwise you dun goofed.

Now the point is, both of them, whenever an argument is raised, ignore logic. It's not that they are stupid, it's just that they ignore it. Like it doesn't exist. This is what mostly defines them, not stubborness; that varies from person to person. You just have to use other methods to convince them. Like in the middle of the argument you can do whatever you want except logic, and that would be more useful than logic.

I have also known other people who are ISFPs, mostly with mental disorders. How lucky i am.

EDIT: Anyway, this is mostly the same with ESFPs as well. The only difference is they are more loud.

·
Registered
102 Posts
isfp drain out all my energy during a conversation. most of them don't want to see the logic, they don't want the "solution", they don't want to accept the truth when something is going bad.

·
Registered
625 Posts
isfp drain out all my energy during a conversation. most of them don't want to see the logic, they don't want the "solution", they don't want to accept the truth when something is going bad.
I agree with this. They want an answer that will comfort their feelings and I'm not good at doing this. Lol, looking back at what you wrote, I've seemed to have trained/changed my particular ISFP friend over a few years to be able to accept logic and solutions, she now handles it quite well and sees that it's for her own good. Still, sometimes in a rage, she will revert back to the old her. But I'm glad to see how I made her grow as a person and how she made me more attentive to the feelings of others. Yeah, cause we're so different, it'll definitely make both types develop more.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I love them but only in a friendly way. Like... I'd kiss them... and stuff... haha. That bubbly personality and all of that energy is sooooo cyoooot. ESFP's are the only types that can keep up with me though.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Ah, it's a bit of a mixed bag, some ISFP's are talented but selfish and boring as bat poop. But most are really sweet, low maintenance, and are naturally cool (which only my dad thinks I'm cool). But again they're on a totally different plane to me. Mostly the N/S differences.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Oh ISFPs. I think a lot of us INTPs have had ISFP friends/romantic relationships. I wouldn't be surprised if it were one of the most common relationships that ends up happening. My ISFP ex, well, I care about her a lot, but she's very entitled and was a really OCD person to live with when it came to the physical environment, while being financially negligent and not willing to pay her own bills. Not fun. She helped me understand the world from a very different perspective that I enjoyed. Conversation? I need conversation desperately, so we ended up talking a lot about less abstract things than I would prefer. She still wasn't a big fan of verbal communication though. The ISFP's non-verbal nature makes things a lot harder. She, in particular, also really didn't enjoy reading, due to enduring problems with dyslexia and poorly corrected vision :( She managed to do alright in school though. People always underestimate her because she's not very articulate, but she's actually highly intelligent and blew me away a lot of times, just not in the socially standard way.

Reactions: Ista

·
Registered
144 Posts
I generally get along with them very well.

I have known a very unhealthy one and we'd always communicate through music. Mostly because he couldn't find the words for much, he was so stressed. But uhm, helping him through the stress always benefited my music library in awesome ways.

·
Registered
963 Posts
my best friend is an ISFP
We get along very well.

She compensate my lack of social/emotional skills, I compensate her lack of rational analysis.

She is very creative, very warm and supportive.
She is really sweet and full of ideas and initiative.
Moreover she understand my introversion and is never too pushy.

She is just a little naive about logical and rational choices.
I'm naive about emotional choices.
So we help each other when we need an advice.

The important is that she is willing to listen to me and I'm willing to listen to her.

Not that we do everything the other says or that we agree on everything, but we are both open minded and it is always productive to have a different point of view.

Oh, she is also my fashion consultant. She is into fashion and she correct my weird choices when I have to dress up for an event.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts