Personality Cafe banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts
Play Skyrim without a follower.
You don't need them. Especially if you're going to go around killing dragons. Dragons are pansies.
I do, but in the days when I desired a follower, before they all decided to join the enemy team and jump in front of my ice spikes, I didn't ever do the main questline in Oblivion, so I started with the sidequests in skyrim, and my first follower was Aranea Ienith, noone had her, so I was proud of myself. (the character that had her got deleted, I could get her now on my current character if I felt like it). I also had Roggi Knot-Beard, though he didn't survive long, being melee.

I can not agree with you more. I grew up with Morrowind. I can remember a day where all I did was just wander around with my character. Kids these days will not be able to do the quests in Morrowind, Bethesda spoilt them with those questarrows. Also it was waaaay more difficult, remember taking your first step outside seyda-neen and these jumping worms(I can't for the life of me remember the name) would stalk you until you're laying dead on the floor.

Agh I have so many good memories about that game.
Back in my day, we didn't even have an auto-save or a real fast travel system, and we turned out just fine!

its totally natural not wanting to like what is forced upon you.

its about the brain coming up with its own ideas naturally. those you come up with yourself (or think you do) will stick with you. those which are forced, will not.

i was reading an interesting article on manipulation which ties with this. one technique it mentioned was if you wanted someone to stop eating chicken you could plant information in their head. eg, one week say "ewww, this article says chicken meat is 5% chicken poo because the underlying bacteria stays on". then next week plus another off-putting chicken line. if you subtley do these things and then maybe become more agrressive and start saying how good and healthy beef is (or something).... maybe naturally, this person will stop eating chicken. because he's come to this IDEA by himself. because hes choosen his own path he is so much more likely to follow it. if you simply started off by saying "dont eat chicken its unhealthy" chances are no one would actually take your advice.

I tend not to like mainstream stuff. I'd like to believe that this originates out of not just being snobby and liking to be different than everyone else, but because I find stuff made for the masses to be incredibly predictable. I like stuff that makes me think or gives me a new perspective or takes things in new directions... which tends to not be mainstream stuff (although every once and a while you can find that something is both)

I also don't listen to music for the lyrics. I listen for the melody. Which means I listen to a lot of purely instrumental music or music with lyrics that I don't really pay attention to. I find this to be the opposite of most people's listening preference, so when they say they like a song, I often don't really understand why.

As a self-diagnosed INTP, the mainstream hasn't had much to offer me over the years...All the descriptions/profiles I've read for this personality type state that we thrive on the novel arrangement of complex variables...There's nothing even remotely like that to be found in mainstream U.S. culture...Not to say that I haven't enjoy the occasional pop song or big box office movie...But, I lean heavily toward progressive and avant garde forms of music, dialogue-heavy independent film-making, quirky, character-based novels, and non-fiction titles usually within the realm of science and philosophy...'Mainstream' to me has always been synonymous with 'lowest common denominator' products which appeal to the universal, lower, base characteristics in us. I'm definitely a snob...but, not by any conscious pretense.

As a self-diagnosed INTP, the mainstream hasn't had much to offer me over the years...All the descriptions/profiles I've read for this personality type state that we thrive on the novel arrangement of complex variables...There's nothing even remotely like that to be found in mainstream U.S. culture...Not to say that I haven't enjoy the occasional pop song or big box office movie...But, I lean heavily toward progressive and avant garde forms of music, dialogue-heavy independent film-making, quirky, character-based novels, and non-fiction titles usually within the realm of science and philosophy...'Mainstream' to me has always been synonymous with 'lowest common denominator' products which appeal to the universal, lower, base characteristics in us. I'm definitely a snob...but, not by any conscious pretense.
Ditto.

10chars

41 - 49 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.