Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am terrible at picking up visual cues. Even things that may be right in front my my face. I can't tell you how many times I've lost my ketchup in the fridge. Girls get mad at me when I don't comment on their new hairstyles. I suppose I'm supposed to be that way seeing as Se is apparently the weak point of INFJ?

However I feel that my Ni makes up for the Se. Maybe more than makes up for it? There are a lot of times where people have told me, "That person was weird! Didn't you see how he was acting. Their body language was all crazy". And I knew they were odd but my Ni told me that rather than the Se. I also think my Ni picked it up before my Se could have, if my Se were more developed.

There have been many times where I seek out people who everybody else thinks they are bad news. Turns out they were just misunderstood. My Ni tells me they mean well or are a good person they just got a lot of crap going on in their lives or something.

I do like art and visuals I guess I just appreciate them for more than what they are in front of my face. I might be rambling now...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Haha I can see what you mean, but for me I think I have a lot of common sense and along with my intuition it creates a good balance for me. I do relate with the part about misunderstood people, and that's why our Ni is so awesome.

·
Registered
294 Posts
There are a lot of times where people have told me, "That person was weird! Didn't you see how he was acting. Their body language was all crazy". And I knew they were odd but my Ni told me that rather than the Se. I also think my Ni picked it up before my Se could have, if my Se were more developed.
^I think this happens to me, too. I get an Ni "vibe" to check somebody out in more detail, _then_ the Se kicks in after that if I have the time (usually, though, I end up having to turn away as soon as the person notices me watching them lol).

Reactions: Averic

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wonder if the lower developed Se has anything to relate to being introverted. When a lot of things are happening in my environment I tend to tense up and so therefore I'm not a fan of bars and clubs. The other day I turned down an invite to go tubing with a lot of friends. I've been before but it's not really my thing- rushing water, drinking, lots of socializing, steering clear of the rocks, etc. Ah well thanks for the input!

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Well... You can't use Ni in a vacuum to determine if a person is weird. You're probably using Se, feeding it through Ti, which feeds into your Fe + Ni construct of reality and experience, which yields the result they are weird.

The thing with our Se is it is generally narrow. We focus on individual things and feed that up through our cognitive processes. So we miss a lot, but we don't actually need a lot to figure out what's going on. A couple clues here and there is enough to understand since we have an internal world modeled around reality, known as Ni. Well, a healthy INFJ models Ni around reality, the world changing INFJ's model it around some ideal of reality and yeah... I think those types are crazy, but that's just me.

Either way, Se eventually feeds into our Ni model. Without Se, INFJ's generally develop their views independent of fact and the real world in general. This seems unhealthy to me, because there is nothing to ground them in sanity. We all have Se to some extent, but some are able to use it more than others.

Actually, if you follow shadow functions, our weakest point is Si, not Se. We are capable of using Se in a positive way. Si is completely alien to us.

Reactions: Averic

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I think our Se sometimes picks up things without us being aware of it and then through our Ni and other functions it develops the idea about what we want. I noticed that it was doing this today. When I was thinking about something in particular the Ni accumulated all things related to it and some of it was through the Se even though I didn't intentionally know I was taking this information.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts