Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One thing I need to address when thinking about the SJ's. People tend to think of us as The Guardians which is not always the case. Our actions tend to come from what we see as our core beliefs, and tend to not violate them often. This may be based on Religion, Culture, Law, or some self imposed code of conduct (or a combination of these guidelines.) It's good to know what an SJ values if you plan on having any relationship with them.

This list shows my thinking about the core values of an SJ, and how they act toward others:
  • With Religion as the core value an SJ will tend to act as a follower of that group would/should.
  • With Culture as the core values an SJ may treat people how their culture deams to treat others.
  • With Law as the core value an SJ can be very legalistic and act in ways to just not violate the law.
  • With an internal code of conduct as the core value an SJ may treat others horribly, because their actions may not be addressed in their code of conduct, and are probably unknown to others.
You may have something to add, or disagree with this and if so please share.

·
Registered
735 Posts
  • With Culture as the core values an SJ may treat people how their culture deams to treat others.

This would apply to me. Respect your elders, the traditions....I definitely do this although it is out of pleasing my parents and family and not entirely because I believe in all of them 100% - I just go with the flow most of the time, and one of my main values has always been respect, and also treat others like you want to be treated.

I like to think that respect etc has nothing to do with being an STJ. I would see it as a given - why would anyone want to be disrespected and treated like dirt?

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I defienetly have my own internal code of conduct. I march to the beat of my own drum. I am a christian as well, so that has kind of laid down the law for me... All of my decisions in life are based on doing what I think is right or wrong.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol

Well, I enjoy comedy, as for the video its pretty funny, from a Spinal Tap point of view.:laughing:

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts