·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Life is short.

Reactions: Eren Jaegerbomb

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
What type do y'all think this guy is....?

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
I'm tired, unmotivated, lonely, and broken as hell... Wish I bought some alcohol when I had the chance. But nooooooo, I had to play the "healthy living" card. Like, who cares? I'm gonna die anyway, might as well enjoy it as much as I can.

I keep on trying to do the good thing and it doesn't work out for me. I regret it. I hate it. No more playing nice. I'm being toxic, doing unhealthy stuff? Fine, that's closer to how I feel inside. I have a right to be toxic. I have a right to be frustrated and sad and I am.

That's all that I have left. I don't know what I'll do when I can't cry anymore.

·
Registered
INFP
2,353 Posts
Scarlet Nexus is... 🤔

Pretty alright I guess. Not on the same level as Code Vein, but otherwise it is pretty solid so far. 🙃

Quality feels like an SAO game for some reason as in it is not too bad, but pretty alright. Serviceable~

I think the camera should be a lot closer though. :oops:

Then again the action games I play the camera is up close (e.g, Nioh or Code Vein). Not to mention you can see the characters a lot better up close you know? Same with the environment which doesn't look too bad. 🤔

And melee attacks should kinda home in onto the foe/other you're locked on to. :oops:

Sometimes I am whacking the air when I'm right next to the 'other'... I think the attacking is actually directional which probably explains why and not to mention each foe has this weird yellow bulb somewhere on their body you have to hit which is probably why attacks don't connect in the way like in Nioh or Code Vein for example when you lock on. o_O

Attacks kinda connect like God Eater actually as in you have to manually aim them, but compared to God Eater it isn't as smooth...

Reviving teammates should also be a little faster... I think abilities should also recharge faster too. 🤔

Not used to the presentation. It is kinda like a comic book mixed with talking character panels.

I prefer the more 'moving' presentation. 🤔

The few 'moving' cut scenes were pretty cool though. 🙃

I like the concept of flinging random objects around. :LOL:

I was hoping you can carry them around but you can only throw objects around... o_O

I have no idea what the story is about though. 🤔

The characters seem interesting and it looks like there is going to be a lot of them. 🙃

Um..

Hello Kyoka Eden~ :love:

I prefer playing Yuito over Kasane, but Kasane isn't bad in any stretch.

I'm more up close and personal, and Yuito does that job. 🙃

I hope there is someone in the game that is tanky. Brawler characters are my thing compared to fighters. :LOL:

The biggest negative... Definitely the camera. o_O

Up close please. I think it is a little too far back. :cry:

If they allow us to adjust the camera then I would consider purchasing the game regardless.

And if they don't... Well, I guess action games where the camera is far back aren't my thing. :cry:

That concludes my basic thoughts on Scarlet Nexus. :LOL:

There is actually not a lot of games I want on the PS5 right now if we had one. 🤔

I can only think of Final Fantasy 16, Final Fantasy Origin, Ghostwire, and Scarlet Nexus so far... o_O

heh heh heh :giggle:

·
Registered
INFP
2,353 Posts
What happened Resident Evil 8?? :oops:

The story and characters from what I hear sounds a little comical. :LOL:

Judging from some of the gameplay, some of it looks like I'm playing Modern Warfare. :oops:

I mean, I haven't played it to give an accurate account, but those are what my impressions are as an outside observant. o_O

Now I can only imagine the greatness of Zompocalypse if it was real. :love:

The little details are what drives survival horror, and not just gruesome violence. :)

Like being struck by a zombot from behind causes the character you're playing to stumble and recoil so you'll momentarily lose control of said character (each of whom will react differently like Lucy will be greatly affected more than someone like ASTRA operative Rob for example), but you also quickly regain control and correct the path of said character.

The hit feedback and screen shake makes it seem like you've been struck by a metal pipe. And you have to punish the player for being struck in addition to taking damage while making it look cool. :oops:

I mean, this is a zombot we're talking about here. Not only does it have undead strength, but also the darn thing is part machine. Built like one too. o_O

And when you're running away from zombots the character you're playing as will occasionally look behind them as they're running. The animations match the sense of urgency. I mean, I would be scared $h!tless too. :LOL:

There are also other times you'll lose control of the character but for "immersion" instead of gameplay.

Like after escaping a zomborg horde and you're in a safe place... the character will stop and take a breather and be relived they escaped. Or if they were swimming through or wading through deep water they'll collapse and be exhausted and cough out water.

Loss of control shouldn't get in the way of gameplay, but in this case it is being used for good reasons and isn't overdone. 🙃

You want to mimic real life without fully mimicking real life. It is a game after all you need that sense of disbelief. 🤔

Zompocalypse favors self protection and retreating than actively fighting and eliminating the threat. 🙃

Zombots take a good beating without being bullet sponges. There is a fine balance that has to be struck.

They can even operate even sustaining significant damage to their systems or the outright loss of them. :oops:

And if you don't destroy their CPU (blinking red spot on their body which there can be several of) or don't do a good job enough to utterly annihilate their bodies (waste of ammo unless don't revive. And you only have so much ammo like not barely anything as the Evil Within, but you aren't holding hundreds of rounds either. Not to mention enemies do not drop any supplies when killed as supplies only come from scavenging the environment) they will reanimate and get back up especially with ones with visible CPUs even if struck from stealth. o_O

So if you do put one on the ground and disable it, (especially with a couple of close range shotgun blasts) it is best to slip around it and only fight when you have to. Some have metal plates that deflect bullets or soften melee blows. :oops:

And the zombots get faster over the course of the game so it becomes harder to fight them naturally. 🙃

They start as a lumbering and typical zombie which can come in large groups, but as the zomborg horde matures and advances... they go into full blown running speed and can even jump, but the good part is that they don't appear in large groups anymore. :oops:

So at the end of the game you'll be facing much more Crimson Masks, Undyings, armored zombots, and zombots with specialized tasks like ones that have active camouflage systems or augmented with weapons like a flamethrower (one of the very few ranged weaponry options for a zombot. It isn't suppose to be a shootout) or chainsaw arm. o_O

And you'll also see more advanced forms of zombots like a Cerberus which replaces most of the regular dog zombots, and something like Nightmares which replace horses. Not only that, but the environment will also hinder you as it becomes part of the late zombot infestation. Killer drones in the form of crows and flies are also not out of the question. 🙃

The series does become a little bit more action later on, but it makes sense. :oops:

Anyone who plays Zompocalypse already knows how the game works so the magic is kinda lost. :cry:

At this point you're only here for the story and characters, and what makes Zompocalypse cool. :LOL:

I mean, I don't ditch the survival horror aspect entirely, but it is a little lost since people know what to expect and they have gotten used to it. :oops:

The mistake is losing your identity too much and becoming to action. You have to still preserve the feel even though it is diluted.

So the first 3 Zompocalypses are what hook people into the universe while the rest keep their interest and expand on the world.

The plot isn't super crazy and is more natural compared to something like Resident Evil. I'm also going for some of that B movie feel (dialogue, especially early game and the first two games in the series. Then game naturally matures overtime as should the player at some point. The game grows with you huh?) but it has to be naturally and not forced or intentional though to give it charm. 🙃

Unfortunately at one point the series does end though. :cry:

I mean it was good while it lasted. I can see Zompocalypse being a good series. :)

But alas it only exists in my mind. :cry:

I didn't get more into the gameplay side of things but that would make my post longer than it should so I'll leave it with the atmosphere stuff, and even then I only touched the surface of atmosphere. I didn't get into sound design for example. :oops:

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
My CD player broke. Is a DVD player loud enough to replace it?

·
Registered
10,951 Posts

LOL. I think this is a very infp'ish band...

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
INFP, INTP friendship vs relationship?

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Not the bicycle captcha again. I can't tell the thing apart from a motorcycle with those shitty pics.

·
Registered
10,951 Posts
This is a recently discovered extinct shark which is called THE EAGLE SHARK..

PERHAPS I FOUND MY TOTEM ANIMAL HIHI...

Imagine this shark could fly...

What if it was a thing

FLYING SHARKS... you go outside... GET IN.. There's a flying shark outside that wants to eat you... SEEK SHELTER NOW lol.

It however seems from research... that this animal even wasn't a real predator but just fed on plankton... making it more similar to contemporary manta rays.

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
I just messaged my childhood/tweenhood friend asking if she wants to catch up.

I wonder how this will go. 🥺
I really liked her, and was sad when she moved.

Have any of you guys caught up with a childhood friend? How did it go??

Reactions: Ewok City

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
I just messaged my childhood/tweenhood friend asking if she wants to catch up.

I wonder how this will go. 🥺
I really liked her, and was sad when she moved.

Have any of you guys caught up with a childhood friend? How did it go??
No. I burn bridges.

Reactions: Eren Jaegerbomb

·
Registered
INFP
2,353 Posts
Huh. Two more days after tomorrow...

I wonder what will be discussed in the 15 minutes at the meeting? 🤔

What will happen? Will we go to the moon or would we continue to wait? Only time will tell how this story plays out. :oops:

But we got all the time in the world. Of course the sooner the better, but things have to be done right otherwise we will be stuck in this loop of eternal struggle. 🙃

To be free... To have a home of our own... To be happy. :cry:

I've been waiting for awhile for a game similar to Advance Wars, but no one is willing to take the mantle. Not even the original developers. :cautious:

Fire Emblem this. Fire Emblem that... But I want Advance Wars. o_O

Fire Emblem is a bunch of pretty guys and gals, and not about fighting an actual battle and war... :cautious:

For these types of games I prefer tanks and guns over magic and swords, but I can play those too like Warsong/Langrisser for example. 🙃

It would be nice if Pillow Wars was real. :cautious:

It is so amazing in my mind. :cry:

Focusing on combat and war while not sacrificing character and story.... I mean, it is called 'Pillow Wars: This is War' after all. 🤪

I even have a direct sequel to Pillow Wars which is not to be confused with 'Pillow Wars: The Fires of War' which is based on sword and magic and not tanks and guns. :LOL:

In the sequel it has to do with drones and automated combat, chemical weapons and the actual usage and emergence of nuclear weapons (where in the first game it was in its infancy), and mechs also are more advanced compared to those in Pillow Wars: This is War... And something in the vein of Skynet. 🤔

The main antagonist looks like a pillow skeleton, but actually is a robot (with the glowing red eyes of course). Kinda like a pillow terminator. :oops:

And I would like a TCG card game as well on the Playstation that isn't MtG or Yu Gi Oh. I want something like that too. o_O

Oooh~ A Force of Will card game on the Playstation! :love:

Alas, none of those things are happening anytime soon just like Way of the Samurai 5 and perhaps God Eater 4. :cautious:

Ah. A God Eater Resurrection and Rage Burst Remake/Remaster/Reboot. o_O

And Modern Warfare (2019) over Cold War. 🙃

Multiplayer (preferably Big Team Battle/Ground War) over Warzone. I don't really like Battle Royales. 🙃

All I have looking forward to in gaming is... Final Fantasy Origin. Is it even real to begin with? :oops:

You know I always wanted to fight with a nagamaki or an odachi... 🤔

I've been having a blast with my naginata though. :LOL:

But I can't get away from swords however so a nagamaki or an odachi would be a nice in between option. :oops:

But then again a naginata is basically a sword on a stick, but more spear than sword... Which means the alternate choices are more sword than spear? 🤔

·
Registered
10,951 Posts

·
Registered
10,951 Posts

·
Registered
INFP
2,353 Posts
You need lots of fortitude and endurance for rocket. Thank goodness I'm all about endurance with my trusty Durandal. :oops:

Though the hut is sincere and we won't let go of this rocket ship. Who lets go of something potentially life changing? 🙃

Everyday is one day closer to going to the moon. :cry:

Now that Ryan Cohen is officially the chairman he can get stuff done with the dream team. :)

I'm also on academic probation because of my poor marks... but I don't really care. :cautious:

Everything follows the MOASS as does omnipotence which everything follows omnipotence. Any other choice is invalid.

Nothing matters in life anymore but the MOASS. 🙃

I'll gladly take the 'required to withdraw' next year. I never liked the university to begin with. Besides we will be free. 🤪

Education is a fraud. The economy is a fraud. Society is a fraud. The government is a fraud. The whole world is a fraud. It. Is. All. Fake. FAKE.

What is the point? This might as well be a simulation. :cautious:

To the moon or to zero. There is no other choice.

I'm a dead flower either way. One path allows change to flow and for me to die in peace and happiness while the other path causes me to wither away as I do now so nothing changes. This reality ceases to exist in death and I wouldn't love anything more than for this reality to vanish so I can forget about it.

Which future will happen? 🤔

You know, imagining without the rocket existing in another time line... There would be no hope. :cry:

At least the rocket exists in this time. I am grateful that it exists and that there is possibly a way out of this dark future.

The rocket gives me hope and puts the life back in me. Something I haven't left for a long time. :)

I wouldn't be mad if you decided to disappear and live your life. You earned it, and I'm happy for you. Happy birthday yesterday too! :giggle:

But yet... You are still here with us when you could've left. We have grown to where we don't need guidance anymore and can stand on our own. Why? What is in it for you? :oops:

Thanks for giving us hope. See you on the moon bro. I hope we all will know happiness in the end. Cheers. :)

But still, the hut is running out of time as our home is falling apart and we are running out of money. :cry:

I can only delay my inevitable end at school for so long. If I have to experience more pain, loss, suffering, and misery in this world I'm afraid I might be broken. :cautious:

Only the dragon queen knows about my grades and is empathetic in these troubled times, but at one point everyone will figure it out.

I am ashamed of my lack of ability but I never believed in the lies of society. I never owed anything to society. I never wanted to be a part of society. I didn't choose any of this. :cry:

I guess that is why the nine tailed fox choose me. 🤔

The fires of this world has taken our future and everything from us... and I'm taking everything back as revenge. :devilish:

Burn. Burn so that a new world can be born from the ashes. AH HAH HA!! HELLFIRE AWAITS FOR ALL THOSE WHO SHORT THE STONK! I DARE YOU TO COME AND DIE*. HAH HAHAHAHAH 🤪

I only chase one dream insatiably... The dream we had from the beginning. I don't care about anything else.

*not financial advice. It is your own free will if you decide to short.

·
Registered
INFP
2,353 Posts
I'm like the Marine Raiders while my squire boy is like the Navy Seals. 🙃

Video game wise the better quality of equipment I have the better since my skill is lower than my squire boy's skill level, but it is not lacking at all by all means. Better equipment dramatically increases my overall performance. 🤔

For my squire boy his skill makes up for the quality of equipment, but of course he does better too with higher quality equipment but the effects have diminishing returns. 🙃

In real life like in martial arts this is reversed. :oops:

My skill in combat makes up for the lack of equipment I have. 🤪

Of course I'm way better with a weapon in my hand, and I much prefer something in my hands, but I'm no pushover in hand to hand combat. :oops:

Now my squire boy's skill doesn't match mine (he is still pretty good), but if he had better equipment he can more or less equal or surpass me in battle. :oops:

Though unlike in the video game world there is diminishing returns but in reverse. Instead of higher skill having diminishing returns from increased quality of equipment, it is instead lower skill having diminishing returns from better equipment. 🤔

My squire boy is more of the front lines thing, while I'm more in sidelines in the support and defensive roles. Of course I can still put up a fight even though I pack less of a punch compared to my squire boy.

I mean, just because I'm in a supportive administration role doesn't mean my combat ability is lacking. 🤔

I dunno. A random comparison I was thinking of. 🙃

·
Registered
INFP
2,353 Posts
Elden Ring finally decides to show up. 🙃

Looks like Dark Souls 4 to be honest. :oops:

Unfortunately the graphics aren't as good as Demon's Souls (2020)... o_O

Hey, if people enjoy it then they enjoy it. 🙃

Personally I fell out of Fromsoft games. Not really for me anymore. :cautious:

Especially after I discovered Team Ninja~ :love:

And I'm a little bias because of... Deathsinger. :LOL:

Even if an Advance Wars-like title does release one day... Will it compare to Pillow Wars? :cautious:

I wonder if they will ever release another Armored Core?????? 🤔

I guess they will continue to release 'Soul-like' games over and over again like Intelligent Systems releasing Fire Emblem over and over again. I mean, there isn't anything wrong with that, but... 🙃

And time for some quick reviews. :)

Demon's Souls 7.8/10
Demon's Souls (2020) 8/10 (estimate)
Dark Souls 1 7.5/10 (+DLC)
Dark Souls 2 8.4/10 (Base/SotFS)
Dark Souls 3 8/10 (Base only)
Bloodborne 8.2/10 (Base only)
Sekiro 8.1/10 (estimate)
Elden Ring 8/10 (unreleased)

Nioh 1 8.6/10 (+Bloodshed's End)
Nioh 2 9/10 (+Darkness in the Capital)
Final Fantasy Origin 10/10 (unreleased)

God Eater Resurrection 8/10
God Eater 2 RB 9/10
God Eater 3 9/10 (+updates)
God Eater 4 10/10 (unreleased)

Monster Hunter World 8.2/10 (Base only)
MHW: Iceborne 7.5/10 (DLC)
Monster Hunter Rise 7.8/10 (incomplete)

Kingdom Hearts 1 8.4/10
Kingdom Hearts 2 7.8/10
Kingdom Hearts 3 8.1/10

Death Stranding 9/10

Way of the Samurai 4 8.6/10
Way of the Samurai 5 9.5/10 (unreleased)

Yakuza 0 9/10
Yakuza 1 8.1/10 (Kiwami)
Yakuza 2 8/10 (Kiwami)
Yakuza 3 8/10
Yakuza 4 8/10
Yakuza 5 8.4/10
Yakuza 6 8.6/10
Yakuza Like a Dragon 8.6/10
Judgement 8.6/10

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 8.6/10
Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War 7.5/10 (estimate)
Call of Duty Warzone 7/10
Call of Duty Infinite Warfare 8.2/10

Battlefield 2042 8.5/10 (unreleased)

Resident Evil 1 8.2/10 (PS1)
Resident Evil 2 8.4/10 (PS1)
Resident Evil 2 9/10 (Remake)

Onimusha 1 8.4/10 (Remastered)

Final Fantasy 10 9/10 (Remastered)
Final Fantasy 15 8.6/10 (Base only)
Final Fantasy 16 8.6/10 (unreleased)

Deathsinger 1 10/10
Deathsinger 2 9/10
Deathsinger 3 8.9/10
Deathsinger 4 8.8/10
Deathsinger 5 9/10
Deathsinger 6 10/10

Starlight Fantasy 1 9/10

Zompocalypse 1: No Tomorrow 10/10
Zompocalypse 2: The End of the World 9/10
Zompocalypse 3: The Machine Devil 8.8/10
Zompocalypse 4: Zero Day 8.6/10
Zompocalypse 5/0: Origin 8.5/10
Zompocalypse 6: The End 8.5/10

Pillow Wars: This is War 10/10
Pillow Wars: The Fires of War 8.8/10
Pillow Wars: 2066 9/10

Black Blood 1 (Yoelnam) 10/10
Black Blood 2 (Yumara) 9.5/10
Black Blood 3 (Yigia) 9.5/10

Yes, I'm an odd one. You can say special even. 🤪

·
Registered
10,951 Posts
I hope you're al ready for the RED WAVE in Latin America this year and next year! WE'RE GOING TO CHANGE THE WORLD. It's up to infp's and like-minded people to restore balance in the universe!

THE FUTURE IS RED.

38721 - 38740 of 38741 Posts