Personality Cafe banner

41 - 60 of 38237 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
There is something quite amusing about walking into my apartment and being greeted by, "What the hell are you doing home so early?!" shortly followed by "Go take off your shirt, I need to fit these to you." I convinced her to let me wear at least a tanktop...

I'm expecting to get the order to strip off the pants soon. :tongue:

·
Registered
1,588 Posts

·
Banned
3,624 Posts
This isn't going to make sense... I can only do basic notations when i'm thinking...

Steady state conscious
stages

Is it the actual dreams, or the experience of different consciousness that gives new perspective? Hypnotic states (meditiation) increase well being; arguably a shift in consciousness. There is the meditative state… there is the dream state

Forming my own steady state model of consciousness…

Initial stages after waking; transient phase

Transient phase doesn’t hit equilibrium until just before sleep, unless self awareness (or a moment of clarity?) is reached.

Or perhaps the difference between an awakened state and a one which is consistently unconscious, is conciousness in the former is on the path to steady state, while the latter is more transient.

Consciousness… more a dynamic equilibrium? “Reactions do in fact occur, sometimes vigorously, but to such an extent that changes in composition cannot be observed”...

- and this is where I give up because I can't be fucked thinking anymore..

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Don't tell anyone...

But I say in my mind or under my breath about a thousand times a day, "I love you," or some variant of that,

simply because I wish all the time harder than anything that I could have that with someone, like be close enough to them that I would get to tell them I loved them all the time, that I would sacrifice and fight for them now and again, you know, someone to be really devoted to. :crazy:

Great, I'm revealing my cheesy-ass hopeless insane romantic side. FUUUUUCK.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
If I tap into his energy, he might get overwhelmed...but who cares :crazy: who asks him to be so silly...

I remember......

*Him babbling on the phone about stuff*

Him : Are you listening?

Me: *half asleep* Yeah I am

Him : What did I say?

Me : You said something about banks right?

Him: Huh?? *Sounds amused* Banks? I was talking about my life at my old school...

:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Oh my god. I am floored right now. I went on my facebook and found a friend request from...my half sister. I have only seen her a couple of times, a long time ago, and I never really thought much about her because I don't have anything to do with my biological dad. God, she's so beautiful..I hope I can bring her into my life because of this.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I believe in an infinite universe. Although scientists have discovered the size of the universe, implying that it is of finite size, it actually only appears to be finite. For example, look at your arm, it appears to be finite? But what if you were infinitely small? How big would your arm appear then? It would be infinitely long. In this way length and distance are judged through comparison. My arm appears finite when compared to other finite things, such as a measuring tape. But when compared to infinity, it to becomes infinite.

Another example of infinity within a seemingly finite space is the gap between the numbers 1 and 2. There appears to be a difference of 1. But if you include a decimal point the difference can become infinite, because you can add an infinite amount of numbers after the decimal point and never reach two. 1.0000000000000000 and so on into infinity....

Hehehe well that's my theory anyway, it's very hard to explain so I hope it wasn't just incomprehensible ramblings.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I believe in an infinite universe. Although scientists have discovered the size of the universe, implying that it is of finite size, it actually only appears to be finite. For example, look at your arm, it appears to be finite? But what if you were infinitely small? How big would your arm appear then? It would be infinitely long. In this way length and distance are judged through comparison. My arm appears finite when compared to other finite things, such as a measuring tape. But when compared to infinity, it to becomes infinite.

Another example of infinity within a seemingly finite space is the gap between the numbers 1 and 2. There appears to be a difference of 1. But if you include a decimal point the difference can become infinite, because you can add an infinite amount of numbers after the decimal point and never reach two. 1.0000000000000000 and so on into infinity....

Hehehe well that's my theory anyway, it's very hard to explain so I hope it wasn't just incomprehensible ramblings.
I believe in the infinite nature of the universe and everything in it as well. I also think everything is essentially the same. I know that a rock is not the same thing as an anteater, but I think everything is made of the same stuff and connected in infinite ways. It's very hard to explain. I guess I kind of see the universe kind of like stew. You extract a spoonful and you get some carrots and potatoes and gravy. Then in another spoonful you get some beef and peas. I think everything's the same, just different manifestations. Am I making any sense or do I just sound crazy?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I believe in the infinite nature of the universe and everything in it as well. I also think everything is essentially the same. I know that a rock is not the same thing as an anteater, but I think everything is made of the same stuff and connected in infinite ways. It's very hard to explain. I guess I kind of see the universe kind of like stew. You extract a spoonful and you get some carrots and potatoes and gravy. Then in another spoonful you get some beef and peas. I think everything's the same, just different manifestations. Am I making any sense or do I just sound crazy?
You're not crazy that makes perfect sense. It's funny how people who do acid and other psychedelics come up with that theory and others can just see it. I have a friend who was telling me how mind opening mushrooms are(hes an ISTP) and was telling me about how it made him feel. It kind of made me laugh a little on the inside because the ideas that he came up with while he did I've kind of had in my head for a long time. He was just telling me how its crazy that the world revolves around math and that everything can be explained through it and the fact that everything can be explained mathematically means that everything is in some form or another related mathematically.

I think that NF's are really in tune with the metaphysical.

The concept of time has always fascinated me as well. Just to think that time is completely relative to the viewer completely blows me away. I don't know... anyone else feel the same

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
You're not crazy that makes perfect sense. It's funny how people who do acid and other psychedelics come up with that theory and others can just see it. I have a friend who was telling me how mind opening mushrooms are(hes an ISTP) and was telling me about how it made him feel. It kind of made me laugh a little on the inside because the ideas that he came up with while he did I've kind of had in my head for a long time. He was just telling me how its crazy that the world revolves around math and that everything can be explained through it and the fact that everything can be explained mathematically means that everything is in some form or another related mathematically.

I think that NF's are really in tune with the metaphysical.

The concept of time has always fascinated me as well. Just to think that time is completely relative to the viewer completely blows me away. I don't know... anyone else feel the same
Totally agree. Have you heard of Stanislav Grof's experiments with LSD? He found out tons of crazy things showing connections with people's minds and the universe at large. For instance, some people in the study who took LSD recalled being in the womb and told Grof some feelings and traumas their mother went through. Grof checked up on the mothers and these things actually happened and in some cases, the mothers hadn't even told them about what had happened to her. There were also a lot of cases where people experienced things completely out of their range of knowledge and described them perfectly, such as feeling like an atom. One lady believed she was a dinosaur and told about how she was sexually attracted to other dinosaurs that had a cluster of patchy scales on the side of their heads. Grof spoke to an expert on dinosaurs and there actually was a type of dinosaur whose scales on the side of their head was sexually arousing to other dinosaurs. So crazy.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I just hope we eventually are able to know what we want to know about the universe. I think about it so much and it'd be sad if I never found out the questions I have been seeking since a very young age.

That LSD study looks extremely interesting. I love reading about stuff like that. I've also taken a liking to the studies done about DMT and how it relates to the pineal gland, birth, and death.

41 - 60 of 38237 Posts