Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've never actually read The Three Musketeers but I couldn't think of anything more suitable...

I've always sort of pined for a one or a group of best friends that passed the time by making cynically comic remarks about life as they watched from the sidelines. Okay, not that specific, but you know... Arthur and his friends used to go chill at the Sugar Bowl. Daria and Jane had that pizza place. The Potter crew had the Gryffindor common room. They'd... bond... or something. They were tight knit and always hung out together. Do people do this in real life or do these images from television need to be scrubbed from my brain? I just wish I had friends to do stuff with. Doez ne1 else rel4te/??!? I was talking to my socially skilled ExFJ relatives about this and they told me I'm insane, while my INTP uncle sat there and silently felt my pain in a robotic sort of way...

I have a decent friend I feel I could do this sort of stuff with (who, incidentally, is also INFP). But.. hurr... I don't want to initiate anything. I don't want to be annoying. I really, really, REALLY don't want to scare her away or make her do that INFP thing where we shut like clams when people get too close, so I try to be nonchalant or something - but that doesn't get me anywhere. How do I get over this and make real, close bonds with people? Sorry to bug you guys with my lame story, but I'm sure a lot of you have similar lame stories of your own. The manifestation of "Creep" by Radiohead... every day... in our minds...

... or maybe this is just so weird and esoteric that I shouldn't have made a thread? Yeah? Okay... :tongue:

·
Registered
420 Posts
I know exactly what you mean, there just isn't an area where me and my friends can hang out. Like that 70's Show where they have that random little diner/hangout. Always wanted that, some place to hang-out and just... hang-out. Hell Seinfeld, Elaine, George and Kramer had TWO diners to hang-out at.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've always wanted that too. Not just the place but that special connected little group of people who you can really relate to. I don't think any of the friends I have are INFPs so with everyone else it feels like they wouldn't understand how neat and meaningful that would be to me.

Reactions: clear moon

·
Banned
4,790 Posts
Yeah, I'd love to form that kind of bond with 2-3 people and have them feel the same way. What tends to happen to me is there are a couple people closer together (Person A likes Person B more, C likes D, D only tolerates A, etc). It's sad. Wish people understood that some people--some INFPs--are able to form deep, deep bonds of friendship without it approaching romance.

A place to hang out at would be great, too! Maybe a quieter local cafe or even just a house someone lives at. The house thing is more feasible if one of the friends lives alone :tongue: But any place could do, even a park.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts