Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
MOTM June 2012
9,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put yourself in a positive mindset by answering these three questions.

1. What are you grateful for?

I'm grateful for every day, for the people in my life who have helped me become who I am today. I'm grateful for my gifts, my talents. I'm grateful for everyone who hurt me because they taught me important lessons.

2. What are you proud of?

I'm proud of everything I've overcome. I'm proud of my resilience and my ability to endure. I'm proud of my scars. I'm proud of the person I'm becoming.

3. What are you excited for?

I'm excited for Paris, for the album to be written, for my next great story, and for the trophy that will be on my mantle come January.

Your turn! List as many as you can.

·
Registered
7,676 Posts

I'm grateful for all the experiences I've had that allow me to grow, and learn, and evolve to become a better person. I'm grateful for all the wonderful people I know and meet, for the impact they have on me, as well as the happiness they bring me. I'm also grateful for my life, and all the opportunities I have and will have in the future.

I'm also grateful for cupcakes.

I guess I can say I'm proud of myself in some ways. I'm proud of the obstacles I've overcome, of my strength, of my ability to introspect and learn as much as I can from my mistakes. I'm proud of my ability to let go of my past, and still be optimistic about my future.

Traveling, upcoming grad school, and the changes that will happen in my life throughout the next few months. :kitteh:

·
Registered
INFP 648 sx/sp
2,937 Posts
What are you grateful for?

I am grateful I wake up every morning alive, because it means I still have something left to do and a direction left to go in, and a day closer to my dream. I am grateful for who I am. I am grateful for what I know and understand. I am grateful for the people who have been kind to me when they did not need to be.
I am grateful for coffee, hugs, friends and loud dangerous things.

What are you proud of?

I am proud that I have survived this far. I am proud of what I stand for. I am proud of my ability to keep taking hits and keep laughing in spite of it. I am proud of my mind, which has matured and guided me far beyond what it should have to. I am proud of where I am driving myself. I am proud of the scars I picked up along the way which did not stop me. I am proud I have no physical scars so far.

What are you excited for?

I am excited for the future. I am excited I may within a couple of years be in a position to experience true happiness, perhaps for the first time. I am excited I may be able to go where I want to go, do what I want to do, kick ass, chew gum and feel good about it. I am excited because at a time not too far into the future I may be free.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
1) Today I'm thankful for summer thunderstorms, and for how lucky I am to have all these opportunities. I'm grateful for that pile of books sitting on my small bookshelf, and I'm happy that the summer was long and hot because it made me feel warm again. I'm happy that I've had my heart broken, because now it can start beating again. I'm thankful for everything that so many people have given me.

2) I'm proud that I'm getting to the point where I can set boundaries with other people without feeling as guilty. I'm proud that I'm getting less scared of everyone, and that I'm less nervous about the way I look. And I'm pretty great at finding the beauty in everyday things.

3) I'm excited for what tomorrow may bring. I'm anticipating Thanksgiving (yes, I know that's a lllloooonnnggg way off, but I'm just sitting at the edge of my seat waiting for it). And I'm excited for the next story that I plan on writing. I'm excited because my college just started allowing us to minor in a subject if we choose, and I really want to minor in Psychology. Also, after the 14th, I'll be able to start volunteering at an animal shelter, better still, they like their volunteers to take the dogs on walks around this park that is one of my favorite parks in town. Speaking of favorite parks, I've found a new one that has tons of trees for me to wander through, gardens, and tons and tons of peacocks. So I'm excited because it's super quiet there, and seems like a great place to study.

·
Registered
49 Posts

My wonderful wife. She's an ENFP, really extroverted, and a happy go lucky 7.

My three daughters. They all turned out great.

I just retired. So, I'm excited about the future. I have no idea what I'm going to do, but I'm really looking forward to the journey.

·
Registered
686 Posts
1) I'm grateful for having parents who care about me. I'm grateful for god/the universe for always giving me a glimmer of happiness and sanity in my worst possible moments.

2)I'm proud of myself for the moments where I've been brave enough to reach out to and help people. I'm proud of myself for quitting drugs.

3)I'm excited in a weird way to tell my parents some major news, mortified but excited because my life will probably change radically depending on what happens.

·
Registered
16,307 Posts
Grateful: I am grateful for all the help I've been given in my entire lifetime. I don't normally ask for help so when I get it it means a lot.
Proud: I am proud of staying alive basically. I'm proud of my ability to stay optimistic even in the worst of cases. This is what keeps me alive. Hope.
Excitement: I'm excited for every new story I get to witness. Video games, movies, books - I want them all. >:D

·
Registered
17,166 Posts
That I live in a country and period of time that has been absolved of many of the traumas that humanity endured in the past. I've been fortunate enough that I've never experienced a war in my own country, that I have a fresh supply of water that is one of the cleanest in the world thanks to Australian Plumbing Standards. That not once have I gone without in terms of food, shelter and comfort. That my parents have devoted themselves to their responsibilities and shared their values with me through their love and care. That I was born with a fully functioning body without no severe diseases, impairments or allergies.

That i'm capable of bring comfort and care to individuals in tough times. Having enough smarts to appreciate certain things and to take an unorthodox or at the very least not typical perspective on certain things.

Travelling to LA and New York later this year if I get my shit together and organize things right :)

·
Registered
2,842 Posts

For being who I am, despite all the human weaknesses. I was missing out on the wonderful individual I was for a long time. NYC!... I can't even begin to express how grateful and happy I am to live in here. My beautiful, even though few friends and relatives that believed in me even when they had no reason to (or more precisely, while I lacked the confidence to believe in myself). My personality... my empathy... I feel these are wonderful gifts to have. Grateful for the hard times in my life, which actually helped me become whom I should have been all along.

Finally having found myself, my beautiful life, my health, the few but wonderful people in my life, my love and knowledge for music, the privilege of being able to play the toughest but (in my biased opinion, for sure) most beautiful sounding musical instrument in this world... Proud of who I am, and my beautiful, powerful, almost sweetly painful feelings. That I can be happy while understanding sadness, and even though I do love sorrow. Super proud to have overcome the crisis of 2008, which changed me for the better forever... now I am finally free to fly on the wings of my dream, as I should have all along.

For the ongoing journey towards my Dreams in NYC, while I keep growing and developing my persona... new, wonderful, exquisite pieces I am learning... new goals to achieve, aiming and flying higher every day. I am ecstatic about the future to come... because I know it will still be a hard journey, but the dream beckons, and I must follow. And excited to keep becoming more and more like the individual I was meant to be all along.

Never quit on yourselves, dear INFPs, for ultimately you need yourselves in your life. It is not about who we are supposed to be, but about who we really are-there must come a time when we discover we can indeed fly on our own, at our own pace, towards our own goals. Enjoy life and discovering yourselves-the real selves you should have been all along.

·
Registered
515 Posts

I'm grateful for every day, for the people in my life who have helped me become who I am today. I'm grateful for my gifts, my talents. I'm grateful for everyone who hurt me because they taught me important lessons.

I'm proud of everything I've overcome. I'm proud of my resilience and my ability to endure. I'm proud of my scars. I'm proud of the person I'm becoming.

I'm excited for Paris, for the album to be written, for my next great story, and for the trophy that will be on my mantle come January.

1. I am grateful, so grateful, for a chance to live and taste freedom and love. Life, in and of itself, is such a precious gift. I'm also grateful for the ability to dance and sing and run and walk and cry...everything. Everything is wonderful.

2. I am proud of the people I love. Each of them is special and beautiful. I'm not really proud of anything I own, because I know it's not really mine; they are gifts meant for other people, for the world.

3. I am excited to experience the rest of the tears and the smiles in store for me! No matter where they lead me, no matter what I am in the eyes of everyone else, my soul fire and my faith fuel my dreams. :)

...I'm also privately excited to someday know what true love feels like...shh, don't tell...

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I'm grateful for my cat. She is actually my first cat, and she has set the cat-bar very high, because she is sweet, affectionate, patient, talkative, social and funny. I believe that if she were to die, I also would also die from heartache, so I have made her agree not to die and she has agreed.

I'm proud of my sister's boyfriend for recovering from his heavy drug addiction. He has also found a job and is pursuing his education. I was a naysayer and didn't believe he could recover because of how deep he was in and how much he struggled in the past, and I am so happy to have been so very wrong. I'm honesty so happy that both he and my sister are in such better places a year later. I really now look up to him for being brave and strong enough to do something I don't even know I'd have the willpower to do in his circumstances.

I'm nervous-excited about continuing to pursue my career and interests. At this point in time I'm mostly nervous because I am about to start with a new company and direct new projects, but I'm hoping it will slowly transfer into excitement and busy energy. I'm also really excited about taking another salsa class.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Grateful.

Honestly, as vain as it might sound, currently grateful for my apartment. I finally feel at home, I'm content and the apartment is basically all I could ask for. Grateful to have a car, I feel freer if that makes sense, I feel less vulnerable and dependent on others (including public transport). I hate feeling tied down/stuck, I like knowing I have escape routes. I'm grateful for my best friend, and a few specific things related to her (positive ones) that I don't have business revealing. I'm grateful she's happier. I'm grateful I even know her. I'm grateful my bird is okay, all things considered, and gaining back the weight she lost a few months ago. (Long story.) I'm grateful for the cat purring beside me. I'm grateful for a few other specific people in my life, that I've been lucky enough to get to know.

Proud.

I'm proud of myself for finally taking the steps I need to in order to get back on track, for overcoming the depression that knocked me flat on my face a couple years ago. I'm proud that, all things considered, I've ended up pretty well.

Excited.

October, I'm going to see my best friend in a play. I can't wait to see her. In ten months, she moves in. I can't wait to finish my core classes and go back to taking photo classes, I'm excited for that. I'm excited to start putting the past behind me, to see where I end up in two years. I'm excited for the road trip my best friend and I are taking (Maryland to Illinois) when she moves in. I'm excited for the future, and that's one of the very few times I've said so.

·
MOTM Dec 2012
12,239 Posts
Never quit on yourselves, dear INFPs, for ultimately you need yourselves in your life. It is not about who we are supposed to be, but about who we really are-there must come a time when we discover we can indeed fly on our own, at our own pace, towards our own goals. Enjoy life and discovering yourselves-the real selves you should have been all along.
Well said my friend.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts

Kiara (my kitty-cat). We share a very special relationship and I'll treasure her long after she passes on. I ended up rescuing her from the streets when she was only a kitten. I was about 13 at the time. You could say we grew up together. <3 I rescued her and in a lot of ways, she rescued me right back. I was in an awful place when I was 16. I didn't think anyone cared about me. I didn't think I would be missed if I took my own life. The power of a kitty's love...all she had to do was cuddle up to me and purr and it reminded me that even though she wasn't human, she would miss me. This is a cat that will only come to me for pets and cuddles. She doesn't trust anybody else. It puts her at the top of things I love about my life. <3

My friends - They are the family that I get to choose...and they are a lot more accepting of me than my own family. I only have maybe 3 friends, but that's all I really need. I just wish they lived closer. One is out of state and the other two are way across town. In a way though, I guess the distance makes me appreciate them more. <3

I look back on my past and...I've survived through a lot of shit. Some of it would have broken people so I think I'm a lot stronger than I realize and that makes me proud. I'm also proud of myself for finally at least trying to break free of my father's control over me and start chasing after my own dreams...instead of his.

The possibility of going back to school to complete my Bachelors Degree...and maybe even going on to grad school.
The possibility of finding a better job with benefits and better pay.
The possibility of moving out sometime in the near future! :kitteh:

·
Registered
677 Posts
I was born in a country where there's no war, where I can get education for a low price and learn a truly beautiful culture. I have parents who, despite being sometimes a pain in the butt, are entirely supportive of my choices and likings. I'm grateful for my friends, my true friends, whom I love like sisters (yeah, no male friends yet, aha) and who love me back with the same intensity (I hope, at least).

Despite what most of my high school classmates, some of my "friends", and some of my teachers thought, I managed to get into one of the 3 best universities of my country. Despite my own fears and apprehension, I managed to live alone in Japan for a year without major trouble. I'm proud of my snickerdoodles too, because they inspire awe and universal love.

I'm excited for what's to come. There's a chance I might go to Montréal next semester. I might take a gap year and find an internship in a foreign country. I want to start my HR management career in the US or in Thailand. I'm excited because all of these aren't dreams, they're options. Going abroad is expensive, so I've always had this little apprehension, but my dad often says "so far, you actually have no need to find a job to support us financially". This alone is a big relief, because my parents are very close to retiring. So yeah, I'm excited for the near future.

·
MOTM June 2012
9,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I'm grateful to have two really amazing jobs. I'm grateful for my dog who thinks I'm the best person in the world even when I feel like complete shit. I'm grateful to live in an amazing county during an interesting age.

I'm proud of my insight. I'm proud of my willingness to take risks. I'm proud of my tenacity.

I'm excited for the party to end all parties this Friday. I'm excited for the fall. I'm excited to master these Debussy pieces I'm learning.

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts

1. I am grateful to have the love and support of a good husband. I feel less anxious in conflicts because I know that I have someone in my life who really understands. I am also grateful for the security that comes from knowing that God hears my prayers.

2. I am proud of my emotional expressiveness and sensitivity. I am proud of my courage and the willingness to stand up for those who are victimized or treated unfairly.

3. I am excited for the better world we are trying to create. Even if it doesn't happen in my lifetime, I can sense things gradually moving in a positive direction, and I have a great deal of hope.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
1. I am grateful for love and finally having found it after dreaming about it for so many years. And it's even better than I thought. I'm grateful for music - it's always able to express how I feel even when I don't know how I'm feeling. I'm grateful that I had a job interview for my dream job the other day and I did really well. I'm grateful for my wonderful friends who are always willing to listen to and help me.

2. I am proud that I can finally say with complete honesty that I love myself. I'm proud of all that I've accomplished. I'm proud that I've created so much beauty in my life and that I am in the process of creating even more because I control every aspect of my life.

3. I am excited about my future. Things are only getting better in the love department and the job department. I'm excited to develop further in these areas and continue to make my life more beautiful.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I'm grateful to my family of friends :D So glad they were/are always there for through all my ups and downs, even though we're not related by blood. I'm thankful that there are people who love and/or appreciate me despite all my faults :D I'm grateful to the teachers who have faith in me, because those are the people who inspire me to push myself and help me to see my own worth. I'm grateful to my sister, because even though we used to argue so much when we were younger and she can still get on my nerves, she makes my day with her craziness sometimes! I'm grateful for my online friends because they make lonely nights fun with either their faked stupidity or their sarcastic comments! I'm actually grateful for the months-long argument we had at the end of last year, because after that blew over lots of great things happened and I started to try and become a better person. I'm grateful for the class I've been put into for last year and this year because it's full of amazing people who have accepted this girl who never really said anything useful and mostly sat silently in the corner, and for showing said girl that it's possible for her to belong and feel happy and contented in a class :D And I would go on but this is getting way too long 0_o My bad xD

I'm proud of all the progress I've made in becoming more accepting and forgiving of others, and in learning to appreciate myself. I'm proud of how I put in SOME effort into the most recent exam (should put in a lot more though, working on it! xD). I'm proud of my classmates who have worked hard to overcome their own obstacles, and of my friends who have done the same, especially of Y who's gone through all that drama in the past few years xD

I'm excited for my birthday after the two weeks it took for that fact to sink in ._. I'm excited for the birthdays of all other weird September baby friends I have too xD I'm excited for release of the exam results after this weekend even though I'm probably gonna fail, but it'll be nice to see if my effort paid off at least a little :D I'm excited for the prospect of graduating this year and the school I'm gonna end up in, and the new friends I might make :D Not so excited for losing the ones I have now though :/ Also excited to see if Y's application into an international school got accepted :D That'll be so nice!

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
What are you grateful for?
I am grateful that I am able to do what I want with my life, for the most part. That I am not forced to spend my day doing things I hate. I am grateful for good health of myself and of the people I love. I am grateful for the people who have helped me out this year when I needed it. I am grateful my son is surrounded by people who love him.

What are you proud of?
I am proud of my ability to perform well at my job. I am proud of my music. I am proud of my son for developing on schedule despite his setbacks at birth.

What are you excited for?

I am excited for Halloween & Christmas this year. I am excited for the fall to begin. I am excited for the future. I am excited for when my son starts learning how to speak in complete sentences. I am excited to get to experience childhood all over again by hanging out with my son as he grows. I am excited to eventually move into a new house someday. I am excited to get cozy!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts