Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took a lengthy Enneagram test on the eclecticenergies site and found that I am either a 9, or a 5w4. Which confuses me to all end, cause that's three different types.

I've read the descriptions, and when combined they suit me pretty well, but just would like some other opinions. There are only a handful of traits that I didn't agree with.

- I really don't want to stand out like 4s, I just do and not necessarily in a good way. I've been called weird many times. However, I am very self-absorbed and I feel very misunderstood at times.

- I have very little trouble expressing my emotions, unlike 5s. I just don't like to. I am however, very internal, and a thinker. I'm also a very private person and despise intrusion from those I don't know or trust.

- I lack the calm center of 9s, but I definitely seek to avoid conflict, but am very impressionable and wind up adapting the traits of those I'm close to or would like to see in me to get along better.

Another thing I noticed when reading all 3 descriptions, tends to be a lack of motivation, which I feel is very spot on. I want to do so much but it always seems like odds are stacked against me and as a result I withdraw and wish stuff came easier.

I have hardly any fight in me and am literally my own worst enemy.

Maybe I'm a severely unbalanced one of those types?

This took me 2 hours to write, trying to find the exact words. I probably goofed it up somehow, ahahahaha! 8D

Oh, and hi everyone. :)

Reactions: AbioticPrime

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
Hello, I would say that you're most likely a 9 from the reading of that, but it would be beneficial if you were to fill out the questionnaire in the What is My Type forum then posting it in this thread.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A Nine, all right.

I'll take your advice, thanks for your time. :)

·
Banned
2,458 Posts
You strike me as a 9w1.

Take a read at this see if it sounds like you:
Type Nine with a One Wing:

Type One is associated with self-critical, perfectionist, and moralistic/idealistic tendencies. Some of those elements are present in a Nine with a One wing.

9w1s are more likely to repress their anger than a 9w8. 9w1s have a hard time expressing their personal needs and wants, so resentment might build up until it explodes. 9w1s who are particularly socially-oriented may put great efforts into understanding what other people want, and if other people do not show that same level of dedication, they might feel marginalized. 9w1s, though, are usually very uncomfortable with their own anger and might try to deny it or channel it into other things instead of confronting it head-on.

9w1s tend to be more open to others than a 9w8 and is liable to place a premium on the well-being of others. 9w1s are far more gentle than a 9w8 and they tend to be good team players. Out of all the types in the Enneagram, 9w1 is probably the most peaceful.

If you're still convinced you're a 5w4, take a read at this:

Type Five with a Four Wing:

The presence of the Four wing creates a certain flavor of Type Five that can best be described as an “incompatible outsider.” Both Type Five and Type Four are withdrawn types that see themselves as alienated from the world, so 5w4s generally care less about making their observations fit with the rest of the world. As a result, 5w4s tend to be more withdrawn and tend to pursue more eclectic endeavors. Many “spiritual gurus” are probably 5w4s. A 5w4 seeks to expand their knowledge of the world in a unique way and are often called iconoclasts because they are willing to ignore the established order of things and go their own way.

By the way, you are misunderstanding what the 'w' means. If you are a 5w4 that means you are a Five WING Four, not a Five AND a Four. When you have a wing, it just means you have a little extra flavor added from that type. It doesn't mean you are both.

Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You strike me as a 9w1.

It's possible. I think after I took the this site's particular test though, and one mbobrien sent me, I'm either a 9 or two, leaning towards 2. 1 is definitely my wing either way, I'm convinced. :) I'm starting to think 9 is what I'd -like- to be, rather than what I -am-

I had made this topic foolishly the day before, unaware this site already had a test on it. I had just completely missed it in the forums lol, and posted a test result from another site. When I couldn't log in on the Kurisuti name, I just made another account (Sayonara) and took the test on this site, which resulted in a 2w1. Then this site somehow merged the two accounts. o_O

Thanks for your thoughts. 4 and 5 don't really sound like me much at all when I re-read them over again in addition to the snippets you provided. ^^

Reactions: AbioticPrime

·
Banned
2,458 Posts
You strike me as a 9w1.

It's possible. I think after I took the this site's particular test though, and one mbobrien sent me, I'm either a 9 or two, leaning towards 2. 1 is definitely my wing either way, I'm convinced. :) I'm starting to think 9 is what I'd -like- to be, rather than what I -am-

I had made this topic foolishly the day before, unaware this site already had a test on it. I had just completely missed it in the forums lol, and posted a test result from another site. When I couldn't log in on the Kurisuti name, I just made another account (Sayonara) and took the test on this site, which resulted in a 2w1. Then this site somehow merged the two accounts. o_O

Thanks for your thoughts. 4 and 5 don't really sound like me much at all when I re-read them over again in addition to the snippets you provided. ^^
Don't rely on the tests, mainly because they're unreliable ;p

For enneagram theory, the best bet is to read through each type and determine which fits you

1 - 6 of 6 Posts