Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read online that the Ti+Ni can be deemed as a person with schizoid. I've taken the test over and over again, and most of the time it comes up as this. I could be choosing the answers dishonestly though, because I'm a very narcissistic person about my intelligence. Is that possible? what does this mean for me? how do i get better?

Introverted Thinking (Ti) |||||||||||||||||||||||||| 12.22
Introverted Intuition (Ni) ||||||||||||||||||||||||| 11.8
Extroverted Thinking (Te) |||||||||||||||| 7.47
Extroverted Intuition (Ne) ||||||||||||||| 6.53
Introverted Sensation (Si) ||||||||||||| 5.54
Introverted Feeling (Fi) ||||||||||| 4.71
Extroverted Feeling (Fe) ||||||||||| 4.52
Extroverted Sensation (Se) || 0.43

·
MOTM August 2012
3,467 Posts
Those results would indicate INTJ or INTP. Generally an overall preference toward Intuition and Thinking. What's hard to say is whether or not Sensation or Feeling are really your least preferred preferences (as that would tell us whether you were an Intuitive like INTJ or a Thinking type like INTP).

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
@Jay Singh - It's probably not you. It's probably a flaw within the test. I know that when I take cognitive functions tests, even the fairly more accurate ones, it can give me very odd scores. Even if you take the tests over and over again. It does that for me too.

·
Registered
7,053 Posts
NO! GET OUT! YOU'RE NOT NORMAL!

I assure you, yes with this test it is normal.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm INTP, because I'm a thinker and don't care about practical application. It's hard for me to judge which cognitive functions I use most, because unless I'm interested in it, I don't even know what I am thinking about most of the time, lol if that makes any sense. I have a severe case of ADHD. Though I am able to draw out all my cognitive functions If I wanted to, it's hard to use feeling when I have clinical depression, but i have had moments.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
shadow function appearance, maybe? i've tested almost as high in Ne and Fi usage as in Ni and Fe at a time when i was under stress.
My shadow rarely comes out, since I am such a passive person. I would guess my shadow's functions are along the lines of Te+Ne or Ne+Te

Reactions: emerald sea

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm screwed.

·
MOTM July 2012
8,033 Posts
My shadow rarely comes out, since I am such a passive person. I would guess my shadow's functions are along the lines of Te+Ne or Ne+Te

if you are an INTP, then your shadow functions are Te, Ni, Si, Fi...to figure out shadow functions, flip your functions to the opposite direction (introverted functions become extroverted, and extroverted functions become introverted)...dominant Ti becomes Te, auxiliary Ne becomes Ni, tertiary Si becomes Se, inferior Fe becomes Fi..

your shadow functions will come out when you are under stress. passivity vs. activity will make no difference. it's like your brain gets turned inside out - the subconscious functions come to life...

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Nope, not normal.

Also impossible.

Reactions: JungyesMBTIno

·
Registered
121 Posts
if you are an INTP, then your shadow functions are Te, Ni, Si, Fi...to figure out shadow functions, flip your functions to the opposite direction (introverted functions become extroverted, and extroverted functions become introverted)...dominant Ti becomes Te, auxiliary Ne becomes Ni, tertiary Si becomes Se, inferior Fe becomes Fi..
Sorry to nitpick, but INTPs have Si as a function and Se as a shadow function.

·
MOTM July 2012
8,033 Posts
Sorry to nitpick, but INTPs have Si as a function and Se as a shadow function.
thanks for pointing out the typo! ooops. as you saw, i wrote that your Si turns into Se later in my post, so Se was what i meant to say in that first line as a shadow function (instead of Si). lol

*reminds self to be fully awake before posting* lol

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
I've read online that the Ti+Ni can be deemed as a person with schizoid. I've taken the test over and over again, and most of the time it comes up as this. I could be choosing the answers dishonestly though, because I'm a very narcissistic person about my intelligence. Is that possible? what does this mean for me? how do i get better?

Introverted Thinking (Ti) |||||||||||||||||||||||||| 12.22
Introverted Intuition (Ni) ||||||||||||||||||||||||| 11.8
Extroverted Thinking (Te) |||||||||||||||| 7.47
Extroverted Intuition (Ne) ||||||||||||||| 6.53
Introverted Sensation (Si) ||||||||||||| 5.54
Introverted Feeling (Fi) ||||||||||| 4.71
Extroverted Feeling (Fe) ||||||||||| 4.52
Extroverted Sensation (Se) || 0.43
That test skews everybody's answers. It isn't very accurate.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes

I tried a different one, seems way more accurate.
Does anyone have ways for me to draw out my Fi? The days that I don't: which are most, I get depressed. I just start thinking what's the point?

introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************************************** (46.9)
excellent use

introverted Intuiting (Ni) **************************************** (40.5)
excellent use

extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************ (36.5)
excellent use

introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************ (36.4)
excellent use

extraverted Thinking (Te) ****************************** (30.3)
good use

extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************* (25.8)
average use

introverted Sensing (Si) ********************** (22)
limited use

extraverted Feeling (Fe) ** (2.2)
unused

·
MOTM August 2012
3,467 Posts
I would say INTP since Se is so low. I think that test doesn't quite accurately define Ni and Ne and often confuses the two. I get ENTP on that test all the time even though I'm a Ni-dominant.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Does anyone have ways for me to draw out my Fi?
I'd suggest learning as much as you can about the Feeling functions. Read until you can't stand reading another sentence about them, and then read some more.

Although I've heard people say that the Feeling functions don't equal emotions I personally don't really agree with that (but I will admit that I'm still learning about the functions, so don't just take my word for it). They may not always equal emotions, but I think that the majority of the time they do. So, my suggestion as to your 2nd step would be to learn about emotions. At the very least, it's a good starting place.

Third, become aware. Watch other people. See if you can identify their emotions & then, go deeper & ask yourself what may have caused their feelings. Then, ask them both what they're feeling & why. See how often you're correct.

Forth, become self-aware. Make it a point to just randomly stop and ask yourself how you're feeling. Then, ask yourself why. According to the "experts" there are only between 2-11 primary emotions. If you decide to do your own research, when you run across the list(s) of emotions, see if you can come up with a situation for each emotion in which you might feel that emotion. If that's too hard, try to imagine a situation in which a family member/friend/other person might feel that emotion.

That's all I can come up with right now. I think I ran across a video on youtube that explained some of this stuff pretty well, I'll try to find it again later.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
The F functions are evaluation functions, not emotions, although they can rationalize emotional content (big difference between this and just experiencing emotions). Evaluations as in good/bad, love/hate, beautiful/ugly, etc. (although in the higher F types, they are a lot more advanced and model their lives/reasoning heavily off of their evaluations). INTPs can never really develop Fi, btw, since it is their most unconscious function. It might have some indirect conscious influences, or they can deliberately engage in things that might be more in the realm of Fi just to gain skills, but that's not going to change the state of their Fi and how it affects them.

Reactions: Jay Singh

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The F functions are evaluation functions, not emotions, although they can rationalize emotional content (big difference between this and just experiencing emotions). Evaluations as in good/bad, love/hate, beautiful/ugly, etc. (although in the higher F types, they are a lot more advanced and model their lives/reasoning heavily off of their evaluations). INTPs can never really develop Fi, btw, since it is their most unconscious function. It might have some indirect conscious influences, or they can deliberately engage in things that might be more in the realm of Fi just to gain skills, but that's not going to change the state of their Fi and how it affects them.
Not if your whole personality is about being introspective to the point of dissociation :p

1 - 20 of 21 Posts