Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my T vs. F divide has gotten so bad I can't even recognize Ti and Fi or Fe and Te anymore.

Background Information: ENxP as of right now, 378 Enneagram tritype with 3w2, 7w8, 8w7.

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

My ADHD might make my answers a bit confusing, because I'm in my natural hyperactive state. I'm male, a teenage Generation Z, and I am currently in a curious, somewhat introverted, and just generally inquisitive mood. I'm a little worried that I might be showing some unconscious form of bias, but as of right now I will consider myself unbiased.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

Temple sunset | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

It's a temple sunset! The rocks seem a little craggy, but my main thought is, "I want to see something like this with my SO one say, as we theorize!"

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

My first thoughts would be "What exactly happened? How can we fix this? I mean, the car broke down for a reason right?"My outward reaction would be a simple sigh and I would grab my most intelligent friend in the car (hopefully an ISTP), and we would quickly analyze the car to understand the situation.

(What band are we going to? What town is this, anyways?)

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

I wouldn't mind going to the party, though in would be somewhat hopeful I could find people to debate with or to have deep discussions with. I would tell the driver that I AM GOING TO DRIVE, head out to the party, and socialize without drinking alcoholic beverages like 50% of the people there.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

My thoughts are "What did they just say?" I would consider how important this belief was to me, and if I could logically deconstruct it, I will. If they continue with their claims, I would tear them apart with my logic, and sit there silently contemplating, although somewhat more moodily than before.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

If it was important to me, I will just brood for a while, because it was important and I need something to hold me down as I re-evaluate it. If it isn't important, I might feel a bit annoyed but rapidly re-evaluate my beliefs.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

Well, my main value would be knowledge, because so many people in the world need knowledge and I'm not going to attempt to completely rely on people to cover gaps I can cover myself. One of my main values are human equality, because of the fact that humans different from other humans are so wrongly treated. It helps that I'm homosexual in a place called Texas, which means that I am in an area proven to have slightly more close minded, traditional people.

My values change depending on the amount of information/internal feeling that forces me to re-evaluate, and I have no problem re-evaluating a position regarding ideas so long as i am detached from it. If it is something personal, I will be hesitant to change, but I will change reluctantly.

a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else?

My general "I can convince you to follow this idea" as well as my "forget normal" attitude really makes me stand out from the rest. I've never been a conformist, following the beat of my own drum and just generally being known for my prowess in knowledge and memorizations ability as well the unconventional, unpredictable ideas I can spawn which help me win practically any argument.

b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

I would definitely increase the prevalence of my organization ability. Normally, my organization only comes out when I NEED to quickly find a solution to a problem, but if I could make my organization as well as my focus, I would definitely succeed.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

Hunches and gut feelings are important to me. The main usage of gut feelings is when I'm listening to a song or when my logic just cannot break through a problem, in which I wildly follow.

a) What activities energize you most?

The activities that energize me the most are probably debate, coming up with ideas, actually learning, deep discussions, and socializing with people. I just like proving myself again and again, as well as just being me.

b) What activities drain you most? Why?

Anything that prevents me from being me immediately drains me, quickly and effectively. There's also when I am FORCED to show my feelings, as I will be rather resistant and in a sort of "I'm not going to because they're MINE and don't touch them" way.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

Probably my feelings, because of the fact that those are private and my feelings run pretty deep. I don't like showing many feelings around other, because it makes me vulnerable and just generally open around others, and I prefer to attempt to grasp a feeling from the inside and rationalize it.

I particularly do not like hugging unless the person needs a "first time boundary break" or when they're extremely close to me. I will do two types of hugs, the "I'm giving you a hug accept it" quick, superficial hug(reserved for friends and other people) and the "you've broken all my boundaries, I'll show everything to you and please don't break it" deep, vulnerable hug(reserved for friends, my cousin, my grandparents, and a true SO if I find one).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts