Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think I have a pretty good grasp on the theoretical differences between Ti vs Te and Si vs Se but I'd really need some examples on how they apply in the real world.
How I understand them:
Ti is pattern recognition.
Te is decision making.
Si is organization and repetition.
Se is .......understanding how the physical world works?

Like is it Ti or Se that's good with maps, for example?
Ti and Si would probably be good with numbers?
Are Si people usually the ones handling the paperwork?
If Ti-Se got a toy, they would probably take a screwdriver and open it up?
My ENFJ friend built her kitchen herself from IKEA, is that tertiary Se? From asking around, I also noticed that ENFJs like their home to be clean not because they want it organized but because the action of cleaning is therapeutic. Is that tertiary Se?
I'm guessing Si people also have very clean homes, where everything has its place, and don't move it.
Si-Te would be someone working in a shop, but they'd have everything organized in labeled boxes?
Is it Si or Te that wants to be efficient?
Is it Te that wants to tell people how to do stuff?
Does Te make you talk a lot?
Does Te like teaching?
Why are Si-Fe, and Fe-Si called the mothering types?
What type a nurse usually is? Can Fe-Si be nurses?
I'm guessing Si can make it hard for someone to change how they do something?
I don't understand what is making Se-Fi or Se-Ti different from other types?
Or what's the difference between Te-Ni and Te-Si?
Are Se-doms or Se-aux usually very active people? maybe athletes?

Anyway, sorry for drowning you in questions but you see what I mean by examples.

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
I'm probably way off..

..I see Te as wanting things in the actual world to be in order - this might be in the form of.. laws to keep people in check, policies, actual real-world systems that are designed to keep things in order.
Someone who prefers Te over Ti might feel strongly that these laws and policies etc, external, real-world systems, are necessary to keep everyone in line and the world running smoothly.
In the workplace this might mean they agree with certain policies such as everyone must wear collared shirts - it's more professional, it makes sense to them. Everyone should do it.

..I see Ti as basically that, internally. So it's not in the real world. Ti is more about having things in order, and accurate, making perfect logical sense, internally. For that particular person. So this might have people who swing more Ti than Te, to feel more repressed by the outside worlds systems and 'red-tape' bullshit that doesn't make sense to their Ti values.
So they'd feel suffocated more by actual laws and policies, than say, societys standards of dress or etiquette.
In the workplace example above - they might think.. I don't want to wear a collared shirt, that's a bullshit rule, I fucking hate this place.

..I see Se as literally the 5 senses. More into real-world stuff. Probably enjoys things that utilise them more - i.e cooking, sports, music etc.. probably going to put a little more effort into how they look, their hair etc, over someone who has prefers Si over Se.

..I see Si as internal senses - hunger, thirst, pins and needles.. etc.. more likely to perhaps stop eating when they're full, rather than keep eating because the food is too damn good. More likely to maybe sip at a nice cold Coke, maybe make it last a while, whereas the Se might down the whole thing within 5 seconds flat because I mean, that's why you bought it, tastes good, it's cold, drink that shit up on the spot.

I understand everyone has Te, Ti, Se and Si.. those are just my little uneducated thoughts on how they might be compared.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts