Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been going to this site many-a-time in order to figure out the depth and controversy involving the personality types that I had concerned myself with. These include the ENTP, ENFP, and those close to them...

Just recently I have accepted the fact that I am an ENFP, since every MBTI test that I have taken has given me that result (even the socionics test), though somehow I ended up thinking I was an ENTP for the longest time. The types are both pretty similar it seems, except the ENFP is much more ethical than logical, but I don't fail to see both - or so I think that is the case.

Oh, and yes, the INTRO!

... I am - apparently - Cpt. Corn! One of the top texture artists of the Minecraft community, but burned out on pixel art long ago!... so, I'm not sure if it's worth mentioning anymore whenever I join a new forum, although I am proud of the concept that I executed within my work. (...and captain as Cpt. is actually abbreviated CAPT., but it's too late now, and Cpt. looks better in my opinion :p)

Anyways, my use of this site resided in figuring out what sort of career or college major would best suit me... and I really can't make up my mind at all! I've looked at all of the accommodations that my school has to offer, but I cannot settle on one. Luckily, I am only about to become a sophomore in college, so I'm not making big undergraduate changes midway in a major in this liberal college, but with all the extra credits that I have from AP Exams, I might as well be starting my major real soon!

Regarding that quest, it took me awhile to home in on Psychology as a major, and it looked pretty nice by the look and feel of it, but with all the ideas and projects I wanted to pursue... I couldn't see how a Master's or PhD in Psychology will ever fulfill my entrepreneurial desires... or in becoming a politician. I could still be idea-savvy in that field, but many of the projects I want to conceptually feed are not at all in that field. To me, psych is a very nice thing to learn, great for many applications - but I have priorities I want to follow-through on! So I plan on dropping the major, and moving it as a minor in it's place, along with my intended minor in Philosophy.

So within the same time I came up with that conclusion, I had found a nice career that seemed very suitable for ENTPs and ENFPs. Management consulting - now that looked very promising. The kind of "start-project" energy without the dreadful decline of having to be the guy to finish the project. I'd be using my natural gift for refining systems and improving them, and maybe that sense of being an entrepreneur or an innovator can be stabilized into improving all sorts of businesses in a professional manner, and not just my own.

Speaking of professional... becoming an management consultant requires a Masters of Business Administration (MBA), which doesn't necessarily require me to major in Business Administration, but in fact... I could major in anything and it would make little difference to the employer or the education system, so as long as they see me with the masters degree. If this was a psych degree, then that'd be much different... you can't get into a masters program in psych without a bachelors in psych. xD

So... what to do to satisfy my current interests? Well, after looking through my school's accommodations again, I had stumbled upon a major called Applied Leadership B.S. (which I hope isn't bs), but it does serve as nice degree that is almost like a combination between a liberal arts degree (which is indispensable for entrepreneurs), and a business administration degree (which is seen to be a very watered-down major, in which economics, by contrast, is often glorified as the true foundation of business). It's essentially a business administration degree that isn't a business administration degree - and I can dig that! Except, is that what I will settle on... is THAT the best thing my school can accommodate me for in my undergraduate years? Will I even grow accustom to business, or will I learn to hate it? I don't know for sure...

All I know is that I have been doing so much college planning, more than college seniors would ever do... probably more than any college freshman... maybe everyone actually. I've spent so much time trying to plan out my education so that it can fulfill my interests to the fullest - to give me both personal development and credentials for my well-being. As an ENFP, I am future-oriented, but the extremity of it could be harmful for me if I neglect investing on the present moment, if I am right?

The big question that I'd hope y'all would help me is this: When do I know when to stop planning and start doing?

·
Mr. CafeBot
13,103 Posts
*You are hearing a robotic sounding voice coming towards you*

Greetings Cpt. Corn and welcome to PersonalityCafe!! My name is Mr. CafeBot. I am here to personally greet you and thank you for joining our humble little forum. No matter your type, you will surely experience a wonderful time with the members of this forum. We cater to all personality types so you will never feel alone or weird. Truth is this forum is full of weirdos!! Pleazeee hel.... *Ahem*I mean we have the nicest people you will ever meet. :)

If you need basic forum information our newbie guide link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/intro/2319-friendly-guide-newbies.html

To keep the forum entertaining and safe, our forum rules link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/announcements/540-personality-cafe-forum-rules.html

If you need any help or have any suggestions, please let us know here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/

We will always be glad to help you!

Also don't forget to watch my music video...

Again, welcome to our forum Cpt. Corn. We hope that your experience with us is tremendously benevolent!

P.S. Meet my family

My Wife - http://personalitycafe.com/members/mrs-cafebot.html
My Daughter - http://personalitycafe.com/members/jenny.html
My Dog - http://personalitycafe.com/members/dog.html

·
Banned
954 Posts
Welcome to the forum. "When do I know when to stop planning and start doing?" Plan, then do, then plan again, then do again, then plan again, then do again, etc. The first, second and third time will be a failure. I figure you should start doing after planning hits a plateau and is relatively unproductive.

·
Registered
9,017 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Hope you'll enjoy yourself!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts