Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this a few threads down and thought I'd give it a go. As the OP in that thread doesn't seem to be active I thought I'd put it as a separate thread. Let me know what you think!

Question one. Are you vegan or vegetarian for moral reasons? Is your bedroom messy?

Hell no I love meat products. I've had an entire rack of Bourbon BBQ ribs with half a rack of honey BBQ ribs with buffalo hot wings for dinner before! I don't think about the moral reasons too much to be honest. I get why people do it (well stop eating meat from battery farms, not why people don't eat eggs or milk or anything) but unless there was a sudden ban on those products, it's still going to be in production.
As for the random second part of that, yes my bedroom is messy. It was once nice and neat- everything is colour coordinated in shades of teal, my bed was made and had a blanket over the end and mixed textured cushions arranged, 'Ocean Paradise' scented candles going....now it's like wrappers, clothes, everything open, paper everywhere, randoms sports gear...still with the ocean paradise scent, only now the look of the room is more tropical-storm-just-blew-through-here.

Question two. Describe your ideal partner.
I don't think about this much. I'm typically attracted to the usual tall, dark and handsome. Toned biceps, smouldering eyes... But in terms of my ideal? Someone with a good sense of humour, who doesn't take things too seriously. Someone who's honest and open (I don't judge and rarely get angry at anything except dishonesty) and not too complicated. I'm not interested in drama or games, I've been single practically my whole life. I don't really feel like I'm missing anything by not being in a relationship. I figure when it happens, it happens and it'll be nice. But I'm not going to go out and force it. I also tend to think most people are idiots and go off someone the second they show any interest in me...

Question three. Tell me what you like to think about.

All sorts. Food takes up a lot of my thoughts, I'm interested in both cooking and baking from a taste perspective and nutrition. So dreaming of yummy food and thinking about how to get maximum nutrition. I also spend a hell of a lot of time thinking about how nice it would be to be on a beach instead of a cold lecture hall :L I like daydreaming up little scenarios where I'm awesome and like, beat up arseholes or have an amazing talent or have magic powers or something like that.

Question four. Tell me what you love to do.

Eat, walk, swim, draw, read (fiction for escapism rather than factual books), cook, shop. They're my general enjoyable activities. If I'm specific about things I love to do then lying in the sun when it gets so hot it's borderline uncomfortable (sounds weird but we don't get much heat so I make the most of it), go on forest walks/adventures, sit and watch/listen the waves at the beach, walk in the early morning sun when it's golden and misty, stand in a hot shower for ages with the water running over me...

Question five. Are you very ambitious? Do you like to compete?

I'm not particularly ambitious, I don't have a life plan (it makes day to day motivation difficult). I can be a little bit competitive though, it annoys me when someones better than me at something (unless it's maths....everyone is better than me at maths...).

Question six. What are your friends like? What do you like to do with them?

My friends are mixed. I don't feel like I have very many truly close friends for whatever reason. I actually tend to favour my family and like going on hikes and getting outdoors. I'm not all that into clubbing or going to bars, I tend to favour solitary activities. I'm happy to have a friend come along when I'm shopping but I'm equally comfortable on my own.

Question seven. Do you ever feel as though you wear a mask?

No but I often feel as though there's many different sides to me. I can be bubbly, I can be quiet, I can be expressive or seemingly detached. Sometimes I feel stressed without a plan, sometimes I just go with it. None of them are fake though, I just respond differently in different circumstances.

Question eight. Do you like answering questions about yourself such as these?

I do, it's interesting reflecting on yourself and getting to understand the way I see the world but also getting an insight into how others tick through personality types. I also like categorising things and having defining things. Being able to say ' I AM....'

Question nine. Are you a good listener? Do you do any of the following? Nod, and smile, say "Aw" and such, don't interrupt? Describe your listening style.

In the middle. I don't interrupt but I only really pay attention if the other person is saying something of interest. I do nod and smile and say 'aw!' and 'oh no!' because I don't really have a response because there's no real point to what the other person is saying and I want out of the conversation. I usually make eye contact and try my best to make the other person at least feel like they're being listened to.

Question ten. Physics?

Ew. Too much maths.

Question eleven. Farts?

Are natural

Question twelve. Do you believe in the importance of exercise and participate daily?

Absolutely! I try and get some form of exercise most days whether it's walking, swimming or home workouts like pilates or resistance bands. It has so many benefits- the endorphins feel great, it keeps your weight down, makes your body look better as you get more toned, it's great when you notice an improvement in yourself, it's something to do to separate yourself from everyday stresses. When I'm swimming I just think about my technique and what set I'm doing and making times, I'm not in a position where I could be studying or anything so out of sight, out of mind.

Question thirteen. What if someone told you, "Stop eating"?

Unless it's like a 'stop eating! There's a tarantula in your spaghetti!' then I'd tell them to f**k off!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just saw this on the cognitive functions forum and thought I'd add it:

1. Which thought process is easier for you?

A. Tear something apart and examine its individual pieces. "Divergent deconstruction"
B. Put individual pieces together to create something. "Convergent creation"

A. I tend to look at the outcome and break it down into mini steps. Like if I had a report to write I'd start with 'the report', then break it down into sections, break each section into what it consists of and then pose mini questions or tasks to complete to make sure everything is complete then overall it makes an entire report

2. An uncomfortable thought process you've caught yourself in:

A. Being trapped constantly recalling elements you've memorized but not reaching a conclusion that makes sense.
B. Being trapped constantly believing that everything that comes across your mind has something to do with you.

A. I have often repeated things in my head trying to understand them

3. You can write pages upon pages of text explaining something in detail.

A. I can't be bothered with such things.
B. True.

A. I can't be bothered writing anything long!

4. Deadlines.

A. I usually finish before they arrive.
B. The bane of my existence.

B. Most definitely the bane of my existence. I know how to break the work down so I could do it bit by bit each day and be done before the deadline but I just...don't. I always end up starting the day before but have never missed a deadline so now I always think 'well I've never missed a deadline it'll be fine...

·
Registered
344 Posts
I saw this a few threads down and thought I'd give it a go. As the OP in that thread doesn't seem to be active I thought I'd put it as a separate thread. Let me know what you think!
I think I'm seeing aux Se. Mostly saying that because you don't seem like a dom Se but you seem to favor sensory experiences and describe thing in detail... and have typical P type tendencies like last minute with deadlines and the such. I kinda think I see signs of Fi like the emphasis on saying "I am" and wanting to learn about yourself.. but I'm not completely certain. Based on that ISFP.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I'm seeing aux Se. Mostly saying that because you don't seem like a dom Se but you seem to favor sensory experiences and describe thing in detail... and have typical P type tendencies like last minute with deadlines and the such. I kinda think I see signs of Fi like the emphasis on saying "I am" and wanting to learn about yourself.. but I'm not completely certain. Based on that ISFP.
Hiya, thanks for your reply! If you could, could you say why you thought aux Se over dom?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Hiya, thanks for your reply! If you could, could you say why you thought aux Se over dom?
Hmm.. you know what? I somehow got it in my head you were an introvert, but I have no clue now that I'm looking back over it. I musta mixed up something I read in a different post with your post. Or maybe it was that comment you made about solitary activities. Regardless, scrap that, I'm seeing Se all over the place. You could easily be an Se dom.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts