Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there!

ENTP here (obvious I know), I would very much like some advice/tips on how to understand, but more importantly snag a female ENFP.

Here's a little back story on myself: I've really developed my feeling to the point that since I was 15 I've scored ENXP on almost every MBTI test I've taken. I've known that I am an ENTP since I was 9 just to keep things clear.

Also on a side note I'm fairly certain my first girl friend was an INFP.

Further, I'm 21 so if that helps in figuring out how an ENFP at that age would act, then please add that too.
Regardless, any assistance would be much appreciated as I seem to have a sever mental crush on said ENFPs :blushed:.

Reactions: NaughyChimp

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
The hard part is finding an ENFP who shares common interests, who you are attracted to, and who is not already in a relationship. :p

I've known a couple ENTPs who were interested in me....one probably had borderline personality disorder, so I'll just disregard him.

The other ENTP was a guy I met on World of Warcraft, got interested in personality type over the course of a few dungeon runs, and then talked to on skype. He was flirtatious about body-language and made me really hyper-aware of everything I did. And he did it playfully enough that it wasn't creepy (playful teases and light touches get the ENFP thinking about you as a potential mate. ENFPs are notoriously oblivious to flirtation, so one of the easy pitfalls, especially with a young ENFP, is surprising them with romantic interest.) I did let him know that I wasn't looking for a relationship at the time (the SS Exboyfriend was still in the process of slowly sinking). But he was a cool guy and kept things light and fun. Serious stuff shouldn't be ignored, but it has its time and place....and usually that's not early on in dating.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Okay I can't help much but my boyfriend is an ENTP and I love being with him so you're probably going to enjoy an ENFP girlfriend. I personally think the relationship can be fantastic.

We met in a theater class. ENFPs love arts. So sign up for arts classes maybe. Do what you're interested in and you may find her doing the same.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What first got me about ENFPs was that NFs and NTs supposedly go well together (thank you Keirsey LOL), and that after the disaster of a previous relationship with an ISFP I decided that I don't think I could really have a relationship with an S.

So I did the NTJ thing and decided to make a list, and one of the things was that she has to be a N. Next I've kind of had a crush on ENTJs, but I've found that the opposite cognitive functions can be a drain.

So I figured since I'm more in touch with my closet romanticisim (us NTs are closet romantics although few of us will admit it) I thought "hey lemme try out to see if an NF would be cool."

So from there I looked at the NFs with similar cognitive functions, and that's NFPs. Well I recall from interacting with, hitting on, and dating introverts that at times I feel like I have to almost interrogate them or really just press hard on asking them stuff to get their opinion. They just don't share it like an extrovert would REGARDLESS of cognitive functions. Maybe that's just experience, but hey this life is mine to live, it's my journey and I'll live it the way I see fit as it coincides with making me happy theoretical personality matches be damned.

So I figured "hey lemme keep on the look out for ENFPs."

Well the thing that really pulled me into going for ENFPs is a lesbian gal friend of mine. When we first met we didn't really talk. Didn't hang out. I guess we just though "eh" of each other. But over the course of two semesters we had mutual friends and got to talk more, and we have a lot of fun together, and she's one of my best friends. We have great talks, and we really like each other. Truthfully we've said to each other if I was a chick that liked girls, or if she liked guys we'd be dating. She's completely homosexual in her orientation so no bi-curiousness.

What I finally figured, and messaged her a few Youtube vids about ENFP INFP and ENTP (DaveSuperPowers stuff on Youtube). She figured that she's an ENFP. I figured she was probably an INFP a while ago but I kind of gave up on figuring her out.

So that finally solidified for me that I want to date an ENFP. Because what's a relationship? It's pretty much a great friend that you're attracted if you really break it down.

So yes that's more back story.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Be authentic: ENFPs loathe phonies! Ask her questions about herself, her childhood, her dreams and ideas! Let your N come out and play!
Yeah there's this one ENFP I know of and like that I haven't really let the Ne come out and play, and I'm really sure that's hampered me. I haven't really acted like an ENTP around her. I mean the time that we did get to interact one on one was when we decided to do a study group and only me and her showed up. So I wasn't really in the Ne letting out to play when I'm trying to study for the final.

Although I've found she gets a little quiet around me, and then doesn't really interact as much with me.

What does this mean BTW?

I mean it's not like she texts me or anything, but I'm thinking that I didn't, as an ENFP on an ENFP group on FB said, demonstrate I'm "all that and a bag of chips" so I mean I'm not too worried.

Although the way this ENFP I like are starting to interact, and the way my great ENFP friend that's a lesbian started to interact seems very very similar. I think if I just get to know her better we'll rub off on each other, and maybe we'll click.

Although she works out like 5-6 days a week, I don't work out nearly as much, so I'm sure that doesn't help my chances yet.

But really I'm not too "worried" or anything like that. Besides I've done I think the best preparation which is that I've freed myself of the outcome, to wit, if something happens great, if not oh well don't mean nothin'.

Thoughts?

Reactions: NaughyChimp

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
:eek:

Do you game with anything besides WoW?
Yea. :) I play LoL, AoE...I've played Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Left4Dead, Dead Island (basically any zombie game my bf finds) XD

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Damn, I was hoping you'd say TF2

LoL is just boring to me, I got my fill of it from playing DotA in WC3
I have TF2, but it's one of those games that makes me a little nauseated. Too much fast movement.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I have TF2, but it's one of those games that makes me a little nauseated. Too much fast movement.
ehh. I guess. I never really considered it a fast paced game, but I could see why somebody would say that.

I mostly enjoy it because it's the only modern fps that has very complex strategy. That and it's free.

But seriously though, it plays like a first person shooter-RTS. I love it.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
@Enz8 if an ENFP acts unusually quiet around you, it probably means she likes you :) At least that's how I act around a crush until I know they like me too.
Quiet, or sometimes just rambling incessantly, just to win the person over.. Yeah, it never works, I should stick to moderate quietness.
Oh, and am I the only ENFP that does this?
I will slowly (or not so slowly) do stuff/get really busy whenever someone likes me, and it's not mutual.
Usually, I genuinely want to be friends, but not anything more.. So I find myself some legitimate reasons why I am completely unavailable and busy whenever this person is around.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
@aquavenae

And then how do you act when the other party has affirmed that they like you as well; as in have a crush on you as well?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Quiet, or sometimes just rambling incessantly, just to win the person over.. Yeah, it never works, I should stick to moderate quietness.
Oh, and am I the only ENFP that does this?
I will slowly (or not so slowly) do stuff/get really busy whenever someone likes me, and it's not mutual.
Usually, I genuinely want to be friends, but not anything more.. So I find myself some legitimate reasons why I am completely unavailable and busy whenever this person is around.
... I seem to do that strategy as well, when someone likes me, and it's not mutual. It's more sincere than lying because it's the truth; key word you used: legitimate.

Rambling incessantly is adorable because it means your nervous. You ENFPs are so CUTE! :D

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
... I seem to do that strategy as well, when someone likes me, and it's not mutual. It's more sincere than lying because it's the truth; key word you used: legitimate.

Rambling incessantly is adorable because it means your nervous. You ENFPs are so CUTE! :D
Oh no, not me.. I'm super Bad-A. Hey @Shiavan, tell this gentleman that I am a total heartless, mean, person who is absolutely wrong for his description of ENFPs. lol

Reactions: Shiavan
1 - 20 of 29 Posts