Personality Cafe banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Alright, here's my two cents as an ESTJ who's a guy.

I agree with 10 out of 10 of WickedQueen's suggestions, but have my own spin on each of her sagacious tips:

Here are my three additions to @WickedQueen's list:

11. THE BEST DRUG IS...: Happiness! For Pete's sake, stop your moaning...

12. THERE'S POWER IN A NAME: Make an extra effort to memorize people's names. Each of us has one and it has special meaning to us. When you make an effort to memorize someone's name and use it in greetings/conversations/goodbyes, it makes an enormous difference. A quick note: don't overuse it, because that's called being a creeper.

13. USE IT/THEM: Know your strength(s) and use it/them as frequently as possible. If you're not good at anything (which I believe is impossible), find your passion ASAP!
Marry me, mikeus.

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #42

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #44

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
Actually, I went through the percentages of all sixteen types. We T's are outnumbered three to two. I take back the "significantly", but we represent a mere 40% of the population.
It depends on where you get the stats from, and the accuracy is always questionable. Some sources report a nearly even amount of thinkers and feelers. I think it's safe to say that neither is more or less common in society.

·
Registered
520 Posts
It depends on where you get the stats from, and the accuracy is always questionable. Some sources report a nearly even amount of thinkers and feelers. I think it's safe to say that neither is more or less common in society.
I went through various sets of statistics and calculated my own. I'd say 60%/40% is quite an equal number.

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Ladies! I know all your secrets now. You've got nothing. No need to fight over it. :tongue:
What makes you think that you've got more than nothing? :tongue:

·
Registered
869 Posts
I went through various sets of statistics and calculated my own. I'd say 60%/40% is quite an equal number.
Even if your statistics (which are always capable of being of fault) are true, that's not the point. Outnumbered or not, Ts (and especially ESxJs) are usually held as being the "right type" in society and have both the learning system and corporate system worked within their favor. Western society tends to scoff as emotions/philosophy being practical in use or being acceptable forms of decision making (assuming that the person is well balanced).

I'm too tired right now to be talking about this, so read this instead Toward a Diversity of Psychological Type in Organization

41 - 51 of 51 Posts