Personality Cafe banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I deal with all the idiots that surround me in my life? How do I begin to deal with the soulless scornfilled people I have to be around every day?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Apathy to their problems. They are around you 'cause you care. You listen. If you start not caring then they will trickle off.

Just know that they way people perceive you will change by doing that.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, for the most part i am apathetic to all this petty high school bullshit. very rarely will a problem arise when i care or people whos problems i care for. But the stupidity of it all just enrages me. The things that they say are stupid and useless. And these are just the idiots. Thats not even mentioning the scornfilled desensitized degenerates (which admittedly i pretend to be as part of my defense mechanism, but not as badly as them hopefully) what they say just makes me sick and sad

·
Registered
595 Posts
either listen to their shit or be on your own :unsure:
Best if you can just find people you like to be around and they like to be around you, think similarities. If you're bros then they won't want to make you uncomfortable or anything

·
Registered
127 Posts
Stare at them, blink slowly, then walk away.

Or, smile maniacally and nod your head rapidly.
I should have done that to people who made fun of me back in middle/high school, just for the lulz. :tongue:

But I pretty much completely separated myself from all the drama in high school. I didn't bother trying to feed into it. I just had a few friends that I hung out with and ignored all the stupid bullshit. There's really no point to getting involved in crap like that, or worse yet, causing it.

·
Banned
656 Posts
I think the problem lies not in their stupidity but rather your soul!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Apathy to their problems. They are around you 'cause you care. You listen. If you start not caring then they will trickle off.

Just know that they way people perceive you will change by doing that.
^
This. I guess.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
If you can figure out how not to associate yourself with the shallow and pointless while focusing on what you want from the world around you, that's big. There are tons of others that are similar to you, but I would make the guess that you as well as them, are not ones to talk before you think or big on conversation to begin with. A lot of people percieve me as pompis, condescending, or that I could care less and am cold. It does not really bother me what they think, the people I do care about know who I am and that I am nothing like the way most percieve me to be. I save my energy for those who are worth it. It hardly gets any better after high s hoop but you choose your friends. Pick the right ones.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Not everyone is an idiot; there are plenty of people like you. As for the ones who aren't, well, it takes all kinds of people to make the world work. You may not agree with them, but everyone can be useful and have a purpose. You don't have to associate with them, just find the people you can connect with and try to ignore the others while accepting the necessity of their existence.

Also, try to remember to have some humility. In 10 years when you are long out of high school, you will look back and laugh at what a self-righteous and stupid idiot you were yourself. Trust me on this one.

·
Registered
240 Posts
How do I deal with all the idiots that surround me in my life? How do I begin to deal with the soulless scornfilled people I have to be around every day?
I sighed heavily after I read your question because I know how you feel. I remember these same struggles when I was in high school. I could go into this in great detail but I have a feeling y'all might lose me about three paragraphs in. So, to spare you those gory details, let me just say this.

The world is ripe with these people and you'll still have to deal with them beyond school. However, once you get out of school, you will notice that these people act much like zombies / programmed robots and at that point, it's a lot more fun if you take the "Shawn of the Dead" approach instead of the "Walking Dead" approach. In other words, don't take them, the insanity of it, so seriously. You have to laugh at it and know that there are people who do exist out there who do get it, who are awake, aware and conscious.

I can't tell you how many times I still roll my eyes at people. Like, for instance, just the other day I was at the cross walk at an intersection and was watching this woman slamming her hand on the cross walk button over and over, then walking around in little fidgety circles, clearly not aware of how traffic lights operate, she goes back and slams it again, impatiently. I found it to be really irritating because if she'd just stop for a moment and take a look at the light, it was red, the other direction was green, and she'd understand that one slap was enough. Ahem. (mini rant).

Try to funnel that anger into a mission to set an example. I think we as the idealists and visionaries teach the world around us by being what we expect others to be. We become the proof. So.. be the proof, be the enlightened and like others have said, keep your antennae up for those who are aware.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Humour them by talking about things like how stupid teachers are, how much homework you have etc., for a few minutes then walk away slowly and return to your clan of nerds. That's what I do and it works. :kitteh:

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Observe the idiots and find things about them that entertain you. If you try to not involve yourself with them or invest emotions like frustration or annoyance in them, they can be fun. If you don't take them seriously, they can't get to you.
You could treat them like a learning experience too, I guess. Try to figure out how to deal with them as patiently as you can and become a better person from it.
Then again, if these idiots are more like friends than just classmates or coworkers, the first thing wouldn't work...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts