• No, I've never done it.

Votes: 5 50.0%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
INFP
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is probably the strangest post you'll hear... A bit of a story, too.
Warning: Long read.

We'll look at what reading on weed is, how does it work, my tips and tricks, and I'll also give you short stories of my own that are meant to be read while on a high, which you can read apart from generic books. Read till the end, and I promise this topic will be worth it.

There's this thing about us, INFPs with a tint of romantic idealism, with a zest for exploration and adventure, with a drive to bask in their imagination, that I love about us. This post is dedicated to you because I totally understand you. I'm like you.

"Get real," they say.
“Stop being naïve.”
“You’re too idealistic.”
“You’re impractical.”

Ever heard something like that? Yeah, me too. I've been ridiculed for being amazed like a child my entire life, and that's before I discovered cannabis and altered states of consciousness. Sometimes, it feels as if we are little lonely blobs in a world of pragmatism and practicality, waiting to be rescued by a fellow dreamer, taken among stars.

We've got communities like these, and that's beautiful.

And I'm sure that not every INFP reading this is like this -- but I know plenty are, and for those, I feel, reading on weed works the best.

We have a gift for beauty. We are able to see the ways in which you can make what is considered average, extraordinary. Our thoughts are double-edged swords: They tell us we're destined for greatness but also destined for failure. Authenticity is important for us. Introspection helps us heal, connect to ourselves, be the authentic versions of ourselves.
And then there's our imagination.

Oh, yes, the thing we love to hug, to sit in silence with, to marry. It wouldn't be false to say we have always sought who we are through imagination, what our purpose is, what the universe has to offer, despite that nobody else has. We've always wondered, even if we haven't said it out loud, can that mystical beauty be touched?

Believe me, I'm like you. I've done everything in my power to find answers to that question.

Here's the big revelation, so sound the drums: Yes, it can be touched. Your imagination is real. It’s the most real thing you’ll encounter in your life. You know this very well. That's why you love it so much. It's free, it's beautiful, it's yours. (Did I say we love to get lost in metaphors?)

Now, to explain the title. The question is meant for those of dreamy, idealistic, romantic character. When have you felt the closest to your imagination? Dreams? Daydreams? Creating art? What about when you're high? News have hit the world about decriminalization/legalization, mainly in the US, which is finally a step out of the Dark Ages. Here's an option... Have you tried reading something when you are high?

Oh, I'm laughing, because I know there's that one person who's nodding in agreement while the rest is like, "Whaaat?"

Trust me. I'm like you.

If you've never tried reading on - but use - cannabis, I've got two options for you. Option 1: Try out my short stories which are meant to be read while you are high. The post would be infinite if I copied them here LOL, so I attached them below because the forum provides this function. Click the file and they're yours. Option 2: Pick any other book, ideally a favorite you love to get lost in. Got it?

Now, here's where it gets interesting. This is the main part.

You really gotta ask yourself, "Why would I read on cannabis?" Hopefully, that question has already answered itself. If you're a dreamy, idealistic, romantic human who loves to surround themselves with beauty, who loves to bask in their imagination, who feels like touching it, it's obvious why.

Still, you might be asking, "Why does this require a tint of childlike thinking? Why does it take an idealistic, dreamy character?" Consider this. Over the numerous amount of people I had introduced this activity to, only those of the described character stayed, enjoyed, and saw beauty in it. If you're a realistic, "static", down-to-earth person, it's more than likely it's not for you. I have received the most positive response from INFPs, ISFPs, and Enneagram 4s and 7.

Here's a good explanation: Because we dreamers and idealists are very introspective and thoughtful by nature and because weed impacts those states, it affects us even more profoundly. We're good at noticing beauty by default, but when the substance kicks in, we go into a state of overdrive.

If you see yourself in this description, here's a good tip. Environment. Set up your surroundings before reading high! If you're gonna read my short stories, which are below, all the instructions are there. I handpick music, provide intentions, etc. But let's say you don't choose the short stories, and you grab any other book from your bookshelf instead. Here's a basic manual. Find a quiet setting before you open it up. Select appropriate music to be played in the background. (If you're gonna read something like LOTR, there are plenty of ambient soundtracks on Youtube.) Sound is more than a third of the experience. Don't underestimate it. Next, if you're into it, set some positive intentions like, "This story will take me onto an adventure. This story will be healing. I'll get lost in the story, in the present moment."

Bonus tip 1: 3D nature or instrumental tracks work just as well. Again, if you open up the short stories I've provided you with, everything's prepared for you and you don't have to search for anything.

Bonus tip 2: If psychoactive substances are out of your reach, try out something called "holotropic breathwork". It works amazingly well at inducing psychedelic-like states, and it only requires your lungs. Hopefully, you have those.

When I first tried reading on a high, it blew my mind. Everything was so vivid, so touchable, so childlike. But I think it's more about you than the book. You gotta have the gift for beauty, be the dreamer, be the creator. That's why I emphasized so much that it's not for everyone, as much as I'd like it to. Your best bet is to try out yourself and see. But, if you are the type of person I've described, reading on cannabis can be a wholesome activity for Friday evenings. It can connect you to your soul, make you proud of your ‘shortcomings’, help you see the universal beauty. It'll take you on the adventure you’ve dreamed about.

And this is something you gotta learn to live with: You're an outlier. Most of the people you meet won't have the same sense for beauty and excellence. It doesn't mean you're somehow wrong. You could say you're a leader, a visionary, a master of noticing beauty. And if you combine these aspects of your personality with cannabis, oh god, you'll unleash something incredible.

Please, appreciate that gift within you. Live. Laugh. Be proud. Explore your imagination.

I know it's been kinda a long post, so if you'd like to try reading your favorite books high but can't right now, at least save it for later so you don't forget. Alternatively, save the short stories, they're attached in a file below.

If you've made it to here, you're a legend!

Attachments

·
Registered
INFP . 4w5
91 Posts
I never used or do use weed, I don't think I ever will, even though I often imagine the experience of it to be like listening with your eyes closed to the world. Just listening in the darkness where imagination can convolute into shimmering rivers and space.

I loved your writing a lot though, you should get some of your material into the world. Carry on with these!

(Saved the short stories)
<3

·
Registered
15,640 Posts
In my twenties I would put on my headphones and hear instruments I never heard sober. It was quite amazing but did not outweigh the other shit that went along with the maryjuwanna.

I think I remember falling asleep a lot on it, so reading for me would have been out of the question.

I am able to read for 6 hours straight on my phone, tablet and computer— but — a regular book now is difficult. I probably have ADD.

You sure does write good. I see a famous writer career in the future. I’m psychic, don’t cha know.

·
Banned
75 Posts
I was planning on playing guitar high for the first time tomorrow night. Usually I just put on my favorite spotify playlist and boot up a great looking video game. But I will definitely consider reading your story high someday, And promise to put it on my list of things to try high. The thing about being high on edibles. Everything just taste, sounds and feels better. So I usually try to setup before hand what I want to experience. I only get high on Friday evenings. I think overdoing it would just dilute the experience. So sometimes I only do it every second weekend. But thanks for the suggestion. I really like the idea of setting up some fitting background music before hand.
In my twenties I would put on my headphones and hear instruments I never heard sober. It was quite amazing but did not outweigh the other shit that went along with the maryjuwanna.
Have to agree 100%, When listing to music high, you hear small details in music you never noticed before. It sometimes feels to me like I can zoom in and listen to every detail, of every instrument individually as well as simultaneously. It's hard to describe if you have never experienced it. Which is why I would recommend it to any INFP who has never tried it. It's sort of like listening to music in 3D. Or watching a youtube video in 4k instead of 240p. There's just much more detail you have never noticed before.

·
Registered
INTJ-Fi, 5w4 sx/sp
594 Posts
I never tried weed, but now I got curious..., would it make my metaphysical equations come alive, as in "The infinities are breathing everything and nothing at the same time..., inside itself..., colors are solid objects..., you can sit on 13.5 colors at once, man!... "

I think I do not need weed for that, I can do it myself with enough focus and sensory deprivation.

Quality done guide thought. ^_^ -b thumbs up

·
Premium Member
40,766 Posts
Imagen a partner who smokes every night leave you alone on the coach whole they imidietly falls a sleep. Oh, there is a problem?

·
Registered
INFP
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow, thank you everyone for your responses. I knew I could count on fellow INFPs!

I loved your writing a lot though, you should get some of your material into the world. Carry on with these!

(Saved the short stories)
<3
I'm not giving up anytime soon. Communities like this are scarce, though, and it seems very hard to carry out the word. Writing short stories is one thing, but finding suitable people? You wouldn't believe how difficult that is! Many thanks. My biggest fear is that I won't be able to carry it out to enough lovely people like you. I'm seriously worried.

That was amazing! Do not stop writing!
Right back at ya, legend!

I was planning on playing guitar high for the first time tomorrow night. Usually I just put on my favorite spotify playlist and boot up a great looking video game. But I will definitely consider reading your story high someday, And promise to put it on my list of things to try high. The thing about being high on edibles. Everything just taste, sounds and feels better. So I usually try to setup before hand what I want to experience. I only get high on Friday evenings. I think overdoing it would just dilute the experience. So sometimes I only do it every second weekend. But thanks for the suggestion. I really like the idea of setting up some fitting background music before hand.

Have to agree 100%, When listing to music high, you hear small details in music you never noticed before. It sometimes feels to me like I can zoom in and listen to every detail, of every instrument individually as well as simultaneously. It's hard to describe if you have never experienced it. Which is why I would recommend it to any INFP who has never tried it. It's sort of like listening to music in 3D. Or watching a youtube video in 4k instead of 240p. There's just much more detail you have never noticed before.
Zooming in. Noticing details. Hearing instruments individually as well as simultaneously. Yup. You've nailed it. Basking in the symphony of life. It's really a hidden talent of INFPs, which unfortunately remains locked or severely underdeveloped many times. I seek to tap into that potential with my short stories. It's why being an INFP is so important - if we look past the cliché stereotypes - INFPs are amazing at noticing beauty. Extremely important.

I never tried weed, but now I got curious..., would it make my metaphysical equations come alive, as in "The infinities are breathing everything and nothing at the same time..., inside itself..., colors are solid objects..., you can sit on 13.5 colors at once, man!... "

I think I do not need weed for that, I can do it myself with enough focus and sensory deprivation.

Quality done guide thought. ^_^ -b thumbs up
Absolutely, friend. As I said, we usually go into a state of overdrive in such cases. I'm absolutely astounded and humbled to see another person so in tune with their imagination. Every word of your sentence strikes home. Crystal clear what you meant. It got through to me completely. I share your gift and enthusiasm. Do not ever snap the cord between yourself and imagination. It's your ticket home.

·
Code Cracked
13,449 Posts

Welcome to the forum. I :ROFLMAO:at your profile picture. Great movie!!!

Yes, too much weed can mentally dull people out and make them forgetful. My sister has an issue with that. It is a once in a while occurrence for me as well.

I agree with the music and watching youtube. I have laughed hard at some stuff I saw on there when high. It was entertaining to watch but, probably not for the person involved in it. Certain animals in it had me laughing harder.

·
Registered
INFP . 4w5
91 Posts
I'm not giving up anytime soon. Communities like this are scarce, though, and it seems very hard to carry out the word. Writing short stories is one thing, but finding suitable people? You wouldn't believe how difficult that is! Many thanks. My biggest fear is that I won't be able to carry it out to enough lovely people like you. I'm seriously worried.
I'm sure you can find the right people! Keep looking at the most unlikely rabbit holes and maybe you can find a goldmine. The world needs the hidden writers in the crowds to emerge into light, and maybe someday all of us can burst out through the soiled ranks of old.

Keep trying @Mystic-Writer , the world might need you.
:)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for the information, but I am interested how they will be able to monitor all the traveler's who will come, it's almost impossible and thus they also waste a lot of money on this program so I don't think that they will maintain it for a lot of time. I like to smoke weed and when I will come to Canada I will surely try to smoke it there also, and I don't think that they will be able to monitor me everywhere. But if it will be strict I will smoke kratom, because it has the same effect as a weed. I like sometimes to relax my mind and think about my life problems and how to solve them. If you will also like to smoke kratom start with link removed, it's the best sort of them all.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts