Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I beat I could find you a sensor that's smarter than an intuitive person.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I beat I could find you a sensor that's smarter than an intuitive person.
I beat you're right. I don't believe intuitives are any smarter than sensors, though intuitives often identify abstract ideas faster.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I beat you're right. I don't believe intuitives are any smarter than sensors, though intuitives often identify abstract ideas faster.
So they get abstract concepts better? I thought all human beings are unique in that they can think about things that are not in the present. Sensor or not, I think any person is capable of thinking abstractly, noticing connections and forecasting the future. I wouldn't render a sensory type as slower at identifying abstracts as much as they would be reluctant to accept their relevance. It's a state of awareness I think. Some argue Carl Jung was an ISTP because he didn't become aware of his intuitive powers until later in his life.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
So they get abstract concepts better? I thought all human beings are unique in that they can think about things that are not in the present. Sensor or not, I think any person is capable of thinking abstractly, noticing connections and forecasting the future. I wouldn't render a sensory type as slower at identifying abstracts as much as they would be reluctant to accept their relevance. It's a state of awareness I think. Some argue Carl Jung was an ISTP because he didn't become aware of his intuitive powers until later in his life.
Intuitives stereotypically identify abstract concepts faster (not better), as I said. This is a stereotype (i.e. it isn't always the case), but it is a stereotype for a reason. For this reason, intuitives often test higher on IQ tests, but IQ tests definitely don't determine "smartness."

All people are capable of thinking in all manners, abstractly or otherwise. Again, it's not about capability--it's about the mind preferring natural pathways to perceiving information and dealing with it. Intuitives naturally prefer routes which innately look at things abstractly, while sensors don't. (This paragraph is a metaphorical one, and doesn't use any relevant jargon.)

There are also types which truly are N/S types, as their cognitive function (preferred routes) are equally preferred from time to time. These seem to be extremely rare, though.

·
Registered
16,307 Posts
I don't hate sensors. I'm jealous of everything they notice.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
what's the point of this thread? seems like beating a dead horse to me. I don't really get the impression that a lot of N types "hate" S types or vice versa. It's just a matter of what functions each person prefers to use themselves. Personally, I enjoy/appreciate sensing types just as much as intuitives. They provide a valuable perspective.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I don't get it. What did I say?
I guess the irony was that you were trying to prove that you (I assume a sensor?) are just as intelligent as an intuitive but in doing so you made a common spelling mistake! :mellow: lol!

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
Sensor hate isn't that big'a'deal on this forum.

I see intps sometimes talking about how hard it is to deal with "ExxJ"
And infps talking about how "ExxJ" maek teh crycry..

But in general I don't see it much.

Oh actually though there was that one thread where some infj compared us istps to istjs and called us boring..
nevermind.. fire the nukes.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts