Personality Cafe banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would really, really, really appreciate some help for this situation I'm in.
A team of netballers I am responsible for recently got disqualified.
In my school the students are divided into houses, and every year the houses play basketball and netball against each other (within school, so it is a small scale event) in the same week.
So my netballers were playing a tournament at the same week the basketball tournament was happening. Here is how it played out.
1. There is a rule that athletes CAN ONLY PLAY FOR NETBALL OR BASKETBALL AND NOT BOTH to avoid houses having unfair advantages if they have athletes that are very good.
2. Unfortunately, no one really knew about it, so it accidentally happened that two of my best athletes ended up on both teams.
3. This resulted in the netball team who came first being disqualified - BUT the basketball team came LAST, even with my two good athletes, therefore the aforementioned rule is not really applicable.
4. The last detail is that the other houses did it too - but one of them told on us because we had come first for netball. As you can see, this is a very unfair move on their part towards my netballers who are very upset after all their hard work was smushed into little pieces.

Now, I plan to talk to the head PE coach in my school. She is an ESTJ, as far as I can tell, very direct, bossy, strict and angry, but known to show lenience in instances where she deems it fit.

What are the chances I can get the DQ revoked, especially since she is an ESTJ and is therefore a stickler to rules?
However small my chances are, how can I best approach this issue to persuade her to revoke the DQ, taking into account she is an ESTJ?

Any help from anyone is welcome - I really don't want to let my team down.

·
MOTM October 2013
6,445 Posts
What you've got is a sympathy plea, I think, which isn't much of a good argument to a Te-dom. An ESTJ might look at that and say "well, you're all wrong" and then disqualify the other teams' athletes, too, and that's the solution you get.

You might be able to use the fact that it was a mistake, and you'll be sure to follow the rules from now on.

This coming from someone who doesn't share any functions with an ESTJ, just picturing what a friend of mine would do. Good luck!

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
I would really, really, really appreciate some help for this situation I'm in.
A team of netballers I am responsible for recently got disqualified.
In my school the students are divided into houses, and every year the houses play basketball and netball against each other (within school, so it is a small scale event) in the same week.
So my netballers were playing a tournament at the same week the basketball tournament was happening. Here is how it played out.
1. There is a rule that athletes CAN ONLY PLAY FOR NETBALL OR BASKETBALL AND NOT BOTH to avoid houses having unfair advantages if they have athletes that are very good.
2. Unfortunately, no one really knew about it, so it accidentally happened that two of my best athletes ended up on both teams.
3. This resulted in the netball team who came first being disqualified - BUT the basketball team came LAST, even with my two good athletes, therefore the aforementioned rule is not really applicable.
4. The last detail is that the other houses did it too - but one of them told on us because we had come first for netball. As you can see, this is a very unfair move on their part towards my netballers who are very upset after all their hard work was smushed into little pieces.

Now, I plan to talk to the head PE coach in my school. She is an ESTJ, as far as I can tell, very direct, bossy, strict and angry, but known to show lenience in instances where she deems it fit.

What are the chances I can get the DQ revoked, especially since she is an ESTJ and is therefore a stickler to rules?
However small my chances are, how can I best approach this issue to persuade her to revoke the DQ, taking into account she is an ESTJ?

Any help from anyone is welcome - I really don't want to let my team down.
Perhaps not asking her to revoke the DQ, but ask for her advice on what to do next to save your netball team. Let her decide. Just wish for the best.

Reactions: progBOT and iemanja
1 - 4 of 4 Posts