Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a local bookstore that i got to often for coffee and to have quiet time to myself. I must have gotten notice by some of the workers/managers. One of them was passing me by while putting a book back and asked me what i read. I told her too many subjects, some time back she saw me with a profiling book on serial killers. The workings of mind have always interested me so why not look at someone like a serial killer.

Well, this leads her to ask me about them and the term psychopath comes up. Seems she has had some incidents which have lead her to therapy and being deemed psychopath because of what happened. The person is not crazy but when i heard what she revealed my alarm went of. Part of me is like ok!, the other is skeptical like sure. We have all met people that say things to get attention to them no matter how off the wall it is. The discussion lead to topics of the mind and what is going on it the world now. Anyhow even though you werent there, what goes off in your minds?

Reactions: niss and Sela

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
I just picture you at a coffee shop and you have just taken a sip of coffee. She says that she believes she is a psychopath, then you spit out the coffee like this:

·
Registered
9,420 Posts
My first thought was that I'd be finding a different bookstore to patronize as soon as possible. I would just quit going to the old one. I wouldn't offer a reason as to why; I'd be afraid that I'd get hit with a "poor me" soliloquy, and to be honest, I don't care about some random clerk's personal life. IOW, I don't know her, and I don't want to know her. She is an employee that is supposed to be providing a service - NOT dumping her psychological problems on a random customer. Grrr.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Qadosh: Then i would be wasting coffee which is something i tend to enjoy!!

Sela: To be honest i think this person is a bit intimidated by me (you know the whole quiet thing....the ISTJ cape flowing behind me in the wind...lol) I am ready if i need to tell her to "leave" me along. I just thought it was strange she would share a tidbit like that....i wouldnt!

·
Registered
9,420 Posts
Sela: To be honest i think this person is a bit intimidated by me (you know the whole quiet thing....the ISTJ cape flowing behind me in the wind...lol) I am ready if i need to tell her to "leave" me along. I just thought it was strange she would share a tidbit like that....i wouldnt!
Neither would I ... I can't imagine blabbing to the universe in general my most personal issues. Ew.

As far as the "quiet ISTJ in the cape" (the imagery made me laugh btw), I believe that this is an instance of something I brought up a while back in another thread: ISTJ men are taken much more seriously when it comes to this sort of thing. ISTJ women aren't "supposed" to act the way we do, so when we act the way that's natural for us, people tend to blow it off and just assume we really want to hear crap, even if we really don't. Of course, that means that we have to assert ourselves to get the point across. This is about the time that we ISTJ women are referred to as "ice queens", "cold fish", and other choice terms that I won't repeat here. :angry:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Neither would I ... I can't imagine blabbing to the universe in general my most personal issues. Ew.
So based on that bit i wouldnt say she has convinced me that she is psycho but not right in the head as far as letting go of information. ( cape is now "glowing" !!....lol)

I tend to have alot of respect to women who tends not to be so chatty all the time!

Reactions: Sela and niss

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
This is a funny thread! ISTJ capes (never thought of us as super heroes!) to spitting out coffee and a dozen other points--too funny!

I'm with Wake. She likes you and doesn't know how else to break the ice 'cuz you're too quiet and mysterious. (Except when you used the cape to mop up the spit out coffee).:crazy::laughing:

Of course, if she's married with three kids, then I'm taking all of this back.:wink:

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
There is a local bookstore that i got to often for coffee and to have quiet time to myself. I must have gotten notice by some of the workers/managers. One of them was passing me by while putting a book back and asked me what i read. I told her too many subjects, some time back she saw me with a profiling book on serial killers. The workings of mind have always interested me so why not look at someone like a serial killer.

Well, this leads her to ask me about them and the term psychopath comes up. Seems she has had some incidents which have lead her to therapy and being deemed psychopath because of what happened. The person is not crazy but when i heard what she revealed my alarm went of. Part of me is like ok!, the other is skeptical like sure. We have all met people that say things to get attention to them no matter how off the wall it is. The discussion lead to topics of the mind and what is going on it the world now. Anyhow even though you werent there, what goes off in your minds?
I would enjoy my coffee crack a few jokes and move on with life.
You've probably encountered more than one psychopath in your life, the only difference is that this one happened to tell you.
Be grateful and don't give her any meaningful information.

Reactions: Rhee, Achi and Wake

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm with Wake. She likes you and doesn't know how else to break the ice 'cuz you're too quiet and mysterious.
oh my...again with this liking and intriguing thing! (switches to invisibility cape!)

Reactions: niss and Sela

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mriswith??

What is that???

Reactions: niss

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What is that???
Mriswith - Sword of Truth Wiki - Terry Goodkind, Wizard's First Rule, Magic

BTW, I highly recommend the Sword of Truth series if you have the time to read it.
Ah, thanks now i have an idea of what your talking about.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm with Wake. She likes you and doesn't know how else to break the ice 'cuz you're too quiet and mysterious. (Except when you used the cape to mop up the spit out coffee).
Yes, i have been told that. Wonders if i have earned enough points to get that badge. No need to worry about the cape, have backups just in case...never hurts to be prepared!!!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh no! please no WoW! Runs for cover!

Reactions: Sela and niss
1 - 20 of 43 Posts