Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you find yourself wanting to care less about things in the current day and age, or do you find yourself wanting to care more?

I know the answer I hope to receive, and do somewhat expect to hear from INFJs, but I have come to the conclusion that the majority of the population nowadays don't give a shit about anything. Everyone is just working their lives away, wasting time, wasting potential and not really doing anything with their lives. Not really doing what they want to do. Most people feel trapped, with the current paradigm we are trapped. Trapped by money, there is no way around it.

I just finished watching a movie called Visioneers with Zach Galifianakis. It is a dark satire about exactly this, how people are becoming so numb to the world that they do anything for stimulation. Anything to find happiness.

I'm not saying I am not a part of this, because I am. I have numbed myself to not care about anything to shadow myself from the reality that I am worthless. We are all worthless skinbags consuming everything within reach and destroying everything that keeps us alive.

I havn't felt inspired to write in this way for quite some time, and surprise fills my brain when I think that it came from a movie like this.

Now is when I say that I am going to put in some effort to care about things more. But I know that it is unlikely to happen, maybe if I care about not caring it could be a step in a direction. I'm not sure which direction, but at least I will be moving.

I will now submit this message from the section of my brain filled with insanity. Or sanity, who really knows nowadays.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Do you find yourself wanting to care less about things in the current day and age, or do you find yourself wanting to care more?

I know the answer I hope to receive, and do somewhat expect to hear from INFJs, but I have come to the conclusion that the majority of the population nowadays don't give a shit about anything. Everyone is just working their lives away, wasting time, wasting potential and not really doing anything with their lives. Not really doing what they want to do. Most people feel trapped, with the current paradigm we are trapped. Trapped by money, there is no way around it.

I just finished watching a movie called Visioneers with Zach Galifianakis. It is a dark satire about exactly this, how people are becoming so numb to the world that they do anything for stimulation. Anything to find happiness.

I'm not saying I am not a part of this, because I am. I have numbed myself to not care about anything to shadow myself from the reality that I am worthless. We are all worthless skinbags consuming everything within reach and destroying everything that keeps us alive.

I havn't felt inspired to write in this way for quite some time, and surprise fills my brain when I think that it came from a movie like this.

Now is when I say that I am going to put in some effort to care about things more. But I know that it is unlikely to happen, maybe if I care about not caring it could be a step in a direction. I'm not sure which direction, but at least I will be moving.

I will now submit this message from the section of my brain filled with insanity. Or sanity, who really knows nowadays.
"....If God is love, if he exists in the absolute perfection of love, totally self-fulfilled, then why would he create man, knowing the mess we’d get into? He doesn’t need us. We are useless to him."

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/badcatholic/2012/09/humans-are-useless.html

"Praise be to Nero's Neptune
The Titanic sails at dawn
And everybody's shouting
"Which side are you on?"
And Ezra Pound and T.S. Eliot
Fighting in the captain's tower
While calypso singers laugh at them
And fisherman hold flowers
Between the windows of the sea
Where lovely mermaids flow
And nobody has to think too much
About Desolation Row"

Bob Dylan - Desolation Row Lyrics | SongMeanings

·
Registered
163 Posts
I wish i cared less. But I can't, even if I convince myself to. Often I feel like I'm a pendulum, swinging back and forth from caring for the whole world to completely withdrawing from the rest of mankind. I feel like we're the type of people who either cares too much or care no more because we used to. It's one way or the other, we can never be in the middle where most people are. The rest of the society don't care because it's too risky and they're just following every one else. We don't care because we cared some time ago and now see the ugly truth that people are not as passionate. We can never be apathetic, really, at least that's what I think.

I hope I made sense. :S

·
Registered
556 Posts
I find myself becoming more apathetic about everything that doesn't pertain to my values and the areas of passion in my life, and I'd like to see that apathy grow regarding most/all external factors in the future.

Do anything for stimulation? No need... With each less shit that is given, the more unweighted, unrestrained (and overall happier) I seem to become~

Also, I'm not a worthless skinbag. Go to hell! xD (I'm very frugal, conservative, self-sufficient, and living in civilization has always felt out of place to some strange extent.) Why take something that you don't need? Because someone else who doesn't need it is going to take it anyway and then waste it... (That's probably the biggest reason I long for complete isolation; deep in some part of nature that has yet to be tainted by our destructive touch. Society isn't self-sustaining, it's disgusting, so is there actually a reason that I should care?) xD

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"....If God is love, if he exists in the absolute perfection of love, totally self-fulfilled, then why would he create man, knowing the mess we’d get into? He doesn’t need us. We are useless to him."

Humans Are Useless

"Praise be to Nero's Neptune
The Titanic sails at dawn
And everybody's shouting
"Which side are you on?"
And Ezra Pound and T.S. Eliot
Fighting in the captain's tower
While calypso singers laugh at them
And fisherman hold flowers
Between the windows of the sea
Where lovely mermaids flow
And nobody has to think too much
About Desolation Row"

Bob Dylan - Desolation Row Lyrics | SongMeanings

That was actually a very interesting link, on first glance I thought you were preaching to me but I am glad I took a second look haha. So basically by posting this you are saying that you don't care, because all humans are useless. Interesting

·
MOTM October 2013
6,445 Posts
So many things to care for, and only so many f---'s one can give before exhaustion sets in. I think we all care, but about different things.

·
Registered
INFJ 6w5, 1w2, 2w1 Sx/Sp
10,469 Posts
I find myself wanting to care more but I wouldn't say it's due to the day and age I live in but rather because I've come to care more for others. I've also come to realize that it's not my job to carry the whole world on my shoulders. I am just one person and I am responsible for my part to help. I refuse to despair because it is fruitless. I don't think anyone is truly worthless or a waste of space. Maybe they are currently going about things the wrong way but that doesn't mean they don't matter. There is always something new that can be done. Another way to look at things. You create your own reality in a way. Besides, if I stopped caring which I have done before (wasn't really aware it was happening)...I start to feel dead inside and it doesn't make me happy. Caring for others is what fulfills me. I'm not going to allow negativity to snuff my fire out. That's just oppressive.

·
Registered
18 Posts
To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis Nobler in the mind to suffer
The Slings and Arrows of outrageous Fortune,
Or to take Arms against a Sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them: to die, to sleep
No more; and by a sleep, to say we end
The Heart-ache, and the thousand Natural shocks
That Flesh is heir to? 'Tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wished. To die, to sleep,
To sleep, perchance to Dream; Aye, there's the rub,
For in that sleep of death, what dreams may come,
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
Must give us pause. There's the respect
That makes Calamity of so long life:
For who would bear the Whips and Scorns of time,
The Oppressor's wrong, the
proud man's Contumely,
The pangs of despised Love, the Law’s delay,
The insolence of Office, and the Spurns
That patient merit of the unworthy takes,
When he himself might his Quietus make
With a bare Bodkin? Who would Fardels bear,
To grunt and sweat under a weary life,
But that the dread of something after death,
The undiscovered Country, from whose bourn
No Traveller returns, Puzzles the will,
And makes us rather bear those ills we have,
Than fly to others that we know not of.
Thus Conscience does make Cowards of us all,
And thus the Native hue of Resolution
Is sicklied o'er, with the pale cast of Thought,
And enterprises of great pitch and moment,
With this regard their Currents turn awry,
And lose the name of Action. Soft you now,
The fair Ophelia? Nymph, in thy Orisons
Be all my sins remembered.
It's up to you. If you think you can withstand the torture caring does to you over the torture of failing to care, then by all means, go right ahead. It is your decision to make. Weigh the consequences of each and decide. Allow me to add that perhaps the answer is not whether to care, but knowing when​ to care.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts