Votes: 89 87.3%
  • Don't like to cuddle.

Votes: 13 12.7%
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you enjoy cuddling with your significant other?

***ISTP VOTES ONLY PLEASE***

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have a really hard time being good with words to express how I feel about someone, so more obvious body language signs are better for me.

The Form of the Inferior - ITPs

Thinking types' emotional expression lacks the differentiation and subtlety of feeling seen in well differentiated Feeling types. When positive feelings are involved, they may seem maudlin and sentimental. One INTP said she becomes �mushy, sentimental, very outwardly emotional, and unpredictably so.� A young ISTP said, �At times I feel really emotional when I'm by myself thinking about things that normally wouldn't bother me.� With greater intensity, inferior Feeling comes out as raw, extreme emotion.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Do you enjoy cuddling with your significant other?

***ISTP VOTES ONLY PLEASE***
Definitely.

I'm the worst at expressing myself verbally...believe it or not, I've never expressed my true feelings(except for when I've been pissed at someone) verbally. I got really close once. A good friend of mine(at the time) that I had known for around three years, decided to open up and spill her guts to me. She told me some/all of her darkest secrets, some that not even her family knew...I decided I'd open up too for the first time ever, and let me tell you, it was like a war was going on inside my head. It was like everything I had kept locked away was on the tip of my tongue, but my body refused to let me speak. My head was spinning, my jaw was clinched shut, and it was the most uncomfortable I've been since I can remember...by the time I fought all of that off enough to speak I wasn't willing to open up anymore and the conversation had changed topics.

So...the way I express myself is mostly physically(I also express myself somewhat, through "Acts of Service"). Standing closer to the person, allowing them to touch me, just being physically close. If I cuddle with someone, it definitely means something and it's something I really enjoy. Too much of it is a bad thing, though. Cuddling for hours at a time, everyday....forget it.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I'm apparently so good at cuddling (others) that girls want me to open my private scratching clinic XD I'm not that comfortable getting touched by others though. And whenever the other wanted to cuddle and hug all during the night I couldn't sleep. I need space to lie like a parachute jumper and take over the whole bed.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Aside from the obvious emotional reasons, I enjoy the feeling of my wife in my arms, her body against mine, the smell of her hair, the rhythm of her breathing, and so on.

But, like I said in the other topic, it's not something I can usually do for long periods before I need space. A long cuddle for us is usually around 10 minutes. In the rare event that we both pass out, I wake up shortly after and need to move. I need my space when I'm sleeping.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Aside from the obvious emotional reasons, I enjoy the feeling of my wife in my arms, her body against mine, the smell of her hair, the rhythm of her breathing, and so on.

But, like I said in the other topic, it's not something I can usually do for long periods before I need space. A long cuddle for us is usually around 10 minutes. In the rare event that we both pass out, I wake up shortly after and need to move. I need my space when I'm sleeping.
Minus the 'wife' part, you pretty much took the words right out of my mouth. I excel at showing my feelings through actions, but suck at doing so with words. There's nothing better than cuddling for short periods of time. I can't sleep a wink if I'm stuck in a cuddle. I need space to sleep, and lots of it.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
...believe it or not, I've never expressed my true feelings(except for when I've been pissed at someone) verbally...I decided I'd open up too for the first time ever, and let me tell you, it was like a war was going on inside my head. It was like everything I had kept locked away was on the tip of my tongue, but my body refused to let me speak.

So...the way I express myself is mostly physically(I also express myself somewhat, through "Acts of Service"). Standing closer to the person, allowing them to touch me, just being physically close. If I cuddle with someone, it definitely means something and it's something I really enjoy. Too much of it is a bad thing, though. Cuddling for hours at a time, everyday....forget it.
Yes.
Cuddling expresses a lot more than words ever manage.
This is consistent w/ my experience with an ISTP. Cuddling is a big deal for him, and he's expressed things physically that he doesn't seem to be able to express verbally. Even expressing them physically seems difficult for him, and takes a lot of time and trust.

Thank you guys so much for sharing. : ) It teaches us a lot about you.

·
Registered
250 Posts
n.

I said no but the above is a more accurate answer. While I not big on affectionate gestures I don't mind cuddling for a few minutes with an SO I'm very close to. I get very twitchy if it goes on for longer though.

Reactions: Crystall

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm apparently so good at cuddling (others) that girls want me to open my private scratching clinic XD I'm not that comfortable getting touched by others though. And whenever the other wanted to cuddle and hug all during the night I couldn't sleep. I need space to lie like a parachute jumper and take over the whole bed.
I do that too. In the beginning of our relationship my ISTP and I used to fall asleep on our sides turned to each other and holding hands. Then one of us would wake up and turn over and then we'd both end up on either side of the bed sleeping like free fallers. Neither of us like to sleep cuddled up as it gets too hot and clammy, and we both almost always sleep on our stomachs.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
i am VERY particular about who touches me. i'm not a "cuddler" per se, although I do like physical affection, just only when I'm in the mood, and only when it's not slowing me down or I'm busy. If i'm watching a movie or sleeping or in public, I don't want to be touched. Really I only like being touched when my emotions are getting the best of me and bubbling to the surface. Even during sex, I don't care that it's that affectionate....I guess I'm a hooker, cuz I don't kiss on the mouth...hahaha! (that's a joke) but seriously, i don't really ever want to just make out or snuggle for hours. Maybe 90 seconds. as for kissing, a quick smooch is fine. I do like a hand on my arm or back or shoulder by people i care a lot for, that's about it though.

Edit: Although I do like it when my husband puts his foot up against mine when we're sleeping. That's about as cuddly as I get.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
I'm not big on cuddling. I could probably only sit still for a minute before I want to touch, poke and play with an SO. I get very playful and can't sit still when I'm curious about someone in the romantic sense.
Me too!! I get a little devil in me that wants to poke or pinch or startle the other person when they start getting all relaxed and settled down.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts