Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
(EDITED. Maybe this would be easier to read)

This is over a game, but still very stressed :unsure:

Recently, I deleted him off all my characters' friend lists on a MMORPG because I felt very hurt that he had started ignoring me.

It hurts because he used to be very responsive and considerate, and then I noticed a change following a particular chat: we were sharing what we've been doing during quarantine. I told him about the story I've been working on illustrating (which meant a lot to me)... but then felt weird sharing afterward.

I thought maybe he didn't like me anymore because of what I shared. The more I thought about it, the more I felt rejected, confused. I decided I shouldn't agonize over this and deleted him off my friend lists so I could forget about it.

I already tried asking him what was going on before I decided to unfriend him, but couldn't get a response. I don't feel comfortable pushing it, so that's when I realized it was better to just move on if we can't have communication.

But I recently stumbled on some outside opinion that's making me feel like deleting him was childish and based off of a misunderstanding. I might have been too fast to unfriend him.

To make it harder, even though I permanently appear offline to him and he can't invite me to anything, he still gifts me every day and leaves messages. He should realize I've unfriended him, so it feels weird to go back on that.

Just how to make things better? Anyone have ideas?
Maybe I just need to wait out the quarantine? hahahaa.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ummm your writeup is too confusing. Let me try to summarize. Basically you want to say that:-
1. In older times, your friend used to pay attention to you.
2. Now he doesn't bother to respond to you properly.
3. But he is still performing those gifting rituals which he used to do before.
4. You feel bad about it that he is gifting you but you have unfriended him.
5. But because you are hurt because of him not noticing your act of unfriending him, so you are now worrying that maybe you are being selfish. But still you want to go ahead with this idea because afterall you have been hurt.

^ i hope this is what you want to convey.

Now the answer:-
See, I don't know what has exactly happened between you both. Assuming your statements are true and precise, I only see two possibilities:-
-> maybe you both need to communicate that what you like and what you dont and understand each other. Even after the communication, things don't improve, then there's no point in thinking ahead.
-> maybe he is just manipulating you, basically you aren't that important to him, and he is not paying that much attention to you, etc..... So he is still keeping you, doing all those rituals so that you stay but still he doesn't feel that you are that much important.

^ take my opinion with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I don’t know all the specifics but my principle is once a decision to that degree is made, right or wrong, it’s best to stick with it. There’s nothing worse than being indecisive and giving others the impression you jump around from one idea or belief to the next, depending how the wind blows. I steer clear of such individuals in my life as a matter of principle- life’s short, I’m not wasting it trying to understand why someone is blowing around like a leaf on a windy day. If he was clearly ignoring you, then you needn’t accept his apology, direct or indirect. If his friendship was significant to you, or yours to him, the situation wouldn’t have gotten to where it is now. Both of you likely will benefit from walking away from this from my opinion of what’s presented.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts