Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm new to Personality Cafe. I am an INTJ, as mentioned. I have never had a chance to talk to any other INTJ's so I would like to ask a few questions and elaborate on them, so please answer.

Q1. Are you very sarcastic?
I personally have always be a very sarcastic person.

Q2. Are you honest to the point of bluntness?
I have always had this problem where people think I'm cruel and mean when all I say is, "I was just being honest."

Q3. Do you correct others, even over text?
I am constantly yelled at my friends for correcting them.

Q4. Do you use "Text Talk"?
I have refused to "text talk".

Q5. What type of person are you attracted to?
I personally have always been attracted to people who are dark, sarcastic, and witty. Usually considered "Bad Boys".

·
Registered
277 Posts
Q1. Yes.

Q2. Naturally and most favourably, yes.

Q3. Waste of time, can be an eyesore though.

Q4. Do you mean using, BRB, TY, AFK -- stuff like that? In that case yes, pretty efficient.

Q5. People with depth ~ usually goes along with introversion.

Welcome to PerC! :ninja:

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Welcome, fellow INTJ!

Yes, but most people don't notice. I'm very dry and toneless.

I can be, but I like to think that I'm mature enough to know when it is not appropriate to do so. I've gotten much more tactful as I've gotten older. I don't actually like hurting people's feelings, so I've learned how to avoid it.

Q3. Do you correct others, even over the internet?
Not always, but I always notice incorrect spelling and grammar and it usually makes me think less of people who use it. But I try not to do that.

No, that's vile.

Shy intellectuals who are secretly romantic. Men who are emotionally intelligent and non-aggressive. I like it when they talk about their feelings. God help them if they cry in front of me :wink:

I tend to be attracted to extroverted women, though, especially the ones that are quirky and/or weird.

·
Registered
179 Posts
First off: Welcome to PersonalityCafe. I am an ENTP and my answers would be pretty much the same as yours. I am sarcastic, blunt to the point of 'rudeness', and I don't get yelled at, but people get irritated when I correct them, but I don't care. If they get mad, reply with "stop making mistakes for me to correct". Although I do use text talk, i jus dnt tlk leik dis tho cuz dats stoopd. I use brb, lol and stuff like that. I'm attracted to intelligent people which would be the short answer.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Not really, I'm more into being generally droll/maybe ironic, in addition to topical political jokes, dark humor and occasioanly being stupidly absurd.

I don't try to be, but probably yes.

I almost never communicate over text. I don't correct bad grammar (even though it annoys me if it's particularly bad) and I don't care about spelling at all (I probably misspelled things in this very post). I correct bad reasoning all the time.

Uhhh, no.

I like "serious" femininity, not girlish or breezy, but being feminine in a dignified adult way. I tend to gravitiate towards either mildly wild free spirit types, who have a bit of vulnerabilit and a desire to be nurchuring, or very calm, charming extraverts with a degree of sophistication and a desire for my attention. I've also recently liked the idea of being with someone sensual who had a "live-and-let-live" type outlook and and a "easy going intellectual" type demeanor.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Q1. Not at all. Never in a million years would I ever employ the use of sarcasm.

Q2. Honesty is honesty. I tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, unless of course it would be beneficial to me to keep some details concealed, in which case I might have to take some...er...creative license. Generally I'll be quite frank with people.

Q3. I correct people all the time. I don't even notice myself doing it sometimes.

Q4. OMG lYk ttly! i lUv tXt SOOOO mUcH <3333333 SrSLy thO i txT mii bFF lyK EVRY dAy. && i LUV EvRy1!!!!1!1!!!!1!1!!!1!1!!

Q5. I typically fall for smart guys who are funny in the subtle, witty sense. I don't go for people who are outright mean, but I don't like the super-romantic type, either. It's nice to know that someone cares, though I don't want to be showered with affection. We have to be able to have a deep conversation but also be silly on occasion. It's hard to describe exactly the type of guy I fall for, I kind of keep my options open. As long as he's not a total dunce or spaz, I'd give him a shot and see if it'll work. When I am in a relationship, though, I definitely stay loyal. If I didn't like the guy, I wouldn't drag it on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm new here as well.

Q1: Somewhat. I don't overuse it, like some would.

Q2: Most of the time, but when it is not appropriate to do so, I won't. For example, I have a very sensitive friend that cries at every little thing, so I tend to sugar coat things for her. There was a troublesome situation where I did make her cry, and I don't want to go through that again. Towards people that I don't care about or people that I don't need to suck up to/impress, I am very honest.

Q3: Yes. I try not to as much anymore, because I know some find it annoying.

Q4: No. Never.

Q5: I like shy and sensitive guys.

2,427 Posts

Sometimes, depending on context. If it is important that the right answer be said, I'll steamroll people's little feelings. Otherwise I've learned, over many years of trial and error, when it is appropriate to be "nice."
See above.

No, not unless it is clearly in jest. I also like to use teen girl talk, ghetto slang, British slang, hillbilly slang, etc. for humor. I also like to use the faces! :crazy::crazy::crazy:

Beautiful girls with low self-esteem who will do whatever I tell them to do. :cool:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey, I'm another newbie as well.
1. Yes, but people don't always realize it because I'm usually very dry, deadpan, and "always sarcastic-sounding so we can't tell" in general.
2. Only on the days when my brain to mouth filter stops working. As I've gotten older I've realised that not everyone appreciates blunt honesty as much as I do. Nor do they take it as well. I typically try be more sensitive toward their feelings.
3. Only if I feel it's worth the time.
4. Yes, but it's limited to "lol" and "lmao"
5. Usually more extroverted guys, since conversation isn't always my thing. I've noticed the shorter infatuations are usually the bad boy type, I like their bluntness. However, I have standards for the long term. Intelligence, empathy, depth, and someone who can hold a conversation are my four biggest checks on the list. And god forbid that they're a spineless jellyfish or pushover. They have to be someone who's an equal.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Welcome to Personality Cafe!!! Hope you enjoy your stay my fellow INTJ. You are amongst friends...well, sometimes INTJs are mean so I guess it's probably better to say that you're amongst like minded people :). That's always a plus isn't it, especially since we are scarce in numbers.

1. Yes, but I say it so monotone and bland that people think I'm serious. I became sarcastic back in high school (senior year). When my friends would diss me, I would usually agree with them and add on to what they're bashing me about but calmly and it would always get to them since they felt they couldn't make fun of me correctly. Sad thing is, sarcasm sometimes isn't detected from me when its from other people but that's usually when i don't know them.
2. I am very honest. Only time I lie is just to mind fuck someone or confuse them (people try to understand me way too much that it's fun to play around with them and not deny speculations about myself). I somewhat care about people's feelings so I sometimes just stay quiet or warn them about my bluntness. I usually tell the truth unless i don't want someone to know. In that case, I just stare at them and say nothing. Usually scares them or makes them feel awkward.
3. I correct my friends on Facebook but I try to only do it when what they've typed can be misinterpreted. If i can understand you, I'll TRY( no promises) not to correct you.
4. I use text talk when chatting(rarely since i'm a fast typer and can type 'you' just as fast as 'u') or when sending a text and i have no more room to finish saying what i want to say. When that happens i start changing my 'you's to 'u's and so forth.
5. As far as attraction goes, I have little bias. I would just prefer them to be attractive and open minded. Their personalities can vary but I usually am not attracted to show-offy females who are simple and can't have a conversation with depth (like a lot of ESFPs; not impossible to be attracted to them but less likely).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Q1. Yes.
Q2. No, when the situation can be most efficiently handled without being honest about other people, then strictly no. just seal the lips
Q3. Why bother unless it is needed for efficiency
Q4. What is text talk?
Q5. Dignifyied, adult female with some perceivable amount of depth of thoughts (girls and superficiality and duckfaces is a COMPLETE nono - i wonder how come those duckfaces live in the face of the planet), preferably I, must be T.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
I'm new to Personality Cafe. I am an INTJ, as mentioned. I have never had a chance to talk to any other INTJ's so I would like to ask a few questions and elaborate on them, so please answer.

I personally have always be a very sarcastic person.

I have always had this problem where people think I'm cruel and mean when all I say is, "I was just being honest."

I am constantly yelled at my friends for correcting them.

I have refused to "text talk".

I personally have always been attracted to people who are dark, sarcastic, and witty. Usually considered "Bad Boys".
1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. I used to. I view it as pointless now.
4. Yes unless the person I speak to spells everything perfectly.
5. I refuse to answer this question.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Generally flat-lined emotionally and it shows, if not I'm usually annoyed. Or I'm dead to the world asleep.

Indeed.

Yes.

I refuse to use it in daily life (when texting, sending emails, MSN, etc). I occasionally use it on forums to be a P.I.T.A.

A very female intellectual like myself. She's an ENTJ. Now if only we could overcome one obstacle I'd be happier.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I am fluent in sarcasm

I have learned how to temper this, but my natural inclination is to be brutally blunt

Again, I have learned to be better at this but I spot others mistakes all the time.

I'll use acronyms like brb and lol but that's it.

I like smart, sarcastic, primarily positive people.

·
Registered
16 Posts

Okay.

In a cosmic sort of way, yes.

Never understood the idea of "bluntness" to be honest. I just express my opinion and I'm viewed as a jerk or "a creep" or something. I don't see why I should try to "cushion" the truth.

Constantly. Ordinarily (for text) I can ignore it if it's a simple error like typing "bwcause" or "foeign" because, those mistake tend to happen. No big deal.
But if they constantly misspell said word or they keep on ignoring . , or ; and etc, then I get irritated.

Ew. No.
Really, I use it when I'm in a rush, like brb or gtg. But I prefer to type the whole line out.

Honestly, if they're cute on the outside but keen and intelligent on the inside, I'm fine.

But I do seem to be more attracted to Asian girls.

·
Registered
44 Posts

Not at all. (Yeah, extremely.)

When asked. I can withhold my opinion, but if you ask me... brace yourself.

Yes. It drives my mom nuts.

I use it ironically. "Yolo" is best said in deadpan.

Intelligent, confident people with a sense of humor and an artistic streak.

Welcome! :tongue: I'm new, too, so I don't know if I have any business "welcoming" you, but I'm going to do it anyway.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi morbidchild182,
I literally just joined this website and I am in the same boat as you. I personally know no INTJs - none that I know of anyway. I'm a bit young to be into the MBTI but oh well. I enjoy it and that is all that matters :tongue:

No, I am not very sarcastic. People say I'm quite witty so... yay :laughing:

Are you honest to the point of bluntness?
Yes, definitely. I really know where you are coming from, I'm so honest that it has cost me friendships :sad:

Do you correct others, even over text?
It depends on the person. I try not to because it really annoys people, but sometimes I just can't help it :laughing: Ignorant earthlings!

Do you use "Text Talk"?
No way. I absolutely hate it. I tolerate it (with great difficulty) from other people, but I will never use it myself.

What type of person are you attracted to?
I think I may be a(n) [grey] asexual so... I'm not really 'attracted' to anybody... but I like this INFJ friend of mine... In romantic way, rather than a physical way. As mentioned, he is an INFJ, and he is very intelligent, kind, sweet... we have some great conversations :happy:

Interview over - good luck out there fellow INTJs!! :laughing:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts