Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about this since watching The Walking Dead. Several characters have contemplated suicide since Season 1 - the world is run by zombies and death is quite painful. Thus, the morality of suicide is debated in nearly each episode.

I have a neighbor who committed suicide not too long ago. She was a few years younger. She went to a prestigious school. But all her life she fought depression. I never got a chance to say hi to her because she was always out of state for school. Sadly, suicide must have been the 'happiest' (her thought at that time) choice she made. She left behind a lot of friends and relatives who apparently cared for her. She was 22 years old.

Thus I say to you, all who are suicidal:

"Wake up kids
We've got the dreamers disease /
If you feel your dream is dying
Hold tight
You've got the music in you
Don't let go
You've got the music in you
One dance left
This world is gonna pull through
Don't give up
You've got a reason to live"

I've been depressed before. I've seen the shrink weekly and twice weekly for 7 of 27 years of my life. But I don't require therapy. In fact, looking back, I never did. For all you worriers out there, know this: the worst case scenario rarely happens. For all you that call yourselves losers, pick up the dice and roll because you can't win if you don't play the game. Be fearless. Take on a new perspective. Eliminate people's thoughts and habits that give you a bad outlook on life. Adopt a kitten. Walk your dog. Meditate. Ask that person out. Perform community service and make another person smile. Put down the meds because you're already good enough.

In every INFP's perfect world, no one needs to attempt suicide. Got any advice or story to add? Share them here.

The #1 cure for depression: fearless motivation. From dreamer to doer.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Well, I can say that it isn't so easy, but sometimes a voice, a post like this can make the difference: THANKS. Today I was going to hurt myself, after a long time, but I haven't done it, thanks to a post like your. Now I'm almost out of that shit (four months that I don't think to die) and I would say to people with suicidal behaviors: you can be "normal", you can be happy; I know, it's a long process, but this experience will make you more mature and sage, it's hard to understand it truly, but you will. Then, you will realize what love really is, what life should be - not a pain.
INFP's friends keep hope, you're not alone.

(sorry if I've done grammar mistake)

·
Registered
442 Posts
Well, I can say that it isn't so easy, but sometimes a voice, a post like this can make the difference: THANKS. Today I was going to hurt myself, after a long time, but I haven't done it, thanks to a post like your. Now I'm almost out of that shit (four months that I don't think to die) and I would say to people with suicidal behaviors: you can be "normal", you can be happy; I know, it's a long process, but this experience will make you more mature and sage, it's hard to understand it truly, but you will. Then, you will realize what love really is, what life should be - not a pain.

Stay with us buddy

·
Registered
1,455 Posts

Here for you. <3

·
Registered
149 Posts
Your concern for others is touching. You lovely thing :)

I've contemplated the thought many times in the past. It continues to find me every now and then, although I'm now happier and healthier than ever.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I am no longer in this place anymore, but this is a great bit of encouragement for the lost and lonely INFPs out there. A lot of what has kept me going is reading and learning about the world outside my suburban cocoon. In spite of all of the darkness behind our eyes and outside our windows, there is a lot of beauty to explore. Once we have found the strength and courage to live a bold life, we can do our best to reach out to others in the same situation. As it turns out, a lot of the most bright and talented people have been depressed or suicidal. This is what my reading and learning has taught me. Don't let those lights inside your hearts die out before their time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts