Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What did you learn today?

*I have a sneaking suspicion that this exists under a different title, but I couldn't find it.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Sorting music and making huge mp3 collection is not that fun as it looks.

People that follow blindly all fashion trends are boring and not themselves at all. They are just poor copies of their favourite person. Also they are empty and have no deep inner life.

(more will be added as I progress through today)

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Today I learned that a hot dog is a sausage, and that spiders like to crawl on me.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
-Letting others read books that you need to return by a certain date is not a good idea.
-August is a bad month for skier anxiety (a term I just dubbed for those late summer/fall anticipations)
-If you use a cuss word in a sentence, people automatically think your pissed.
-If you keep re-wearing clothes when they don't smell or have stains, you can go months without having to do laundry
-I should consider moving to Nevada in the future
-The difference between ketones, hemiketals, and ketals
-Taking an organic chemistry class entails either seeing lots of red squiggly lines in microsoft word or adding a ton of words to the dictionary.

·
Registered
65 Posts
-August is a bad month for skier anxiety (a term I just dubbed for those late summer/fall anticipations)
I work at a Starbucks right outside the mouth of one of the ski resort canyons in Utah, and will never hear the end of people talking about winter coming, or how they want to ski.

·
Registered
915 Posts
plan.jpg

Here is my plan for this week, procrastination is a bitch, that is why I have to go through all of this in a concentrated amount of time. Right now focusing on astronomy, since I dont have sufficient amount of knowledge and never really looked at it closely. It is really interesting, the realization how small are our egos in comparison to universe, how small is our field of knowledge. How useless the education is - the children are not lead to discoveries, they are trained dumb monkeys that just reproduce what the teacher tells them to. Oh god, we are doing it all wrong, so many brains wasted for doing nothing.

·
Registered
10,350 Posts
-The airport in Nagoya has a tiny beach.
-17 hours of travel messes with your head.
-Japanese taxis have doors the driver opens for you automatically (and lacy seats).
-Jetlag exists after all.
-Monsoon rain can come on suddenly in Japan, plus it helps to actually ask for a carrier bag when you're doing food shopping.
-Travel talk doesn't work in Nagoya.
-My Japanese doesn't suck! (Managed to hold a conversation with a Japanese girl on no sleep)

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
-The airport in Nagoya has a tiny beach.
-17 hours of travel messes with your head.
-Japanese taxis have doors the driver opens for you automatically (and lacy seats).
-Jetlag exists after all.
-Monsoon rain can come on suddenly in Japan, plus it helps to actually ask for a carrier bag when you're doing food shopping.
-Travel talk doesn't work in Nagoya.
-My Japanese doesn't suck! (Managed to hold a conversation with a Japanese girl on no sleep)
Can you measure the radiation in the rain while you're there so we can get the real story?

·
Registered
10,350 Posts
Can you measure the radiation in the rain while you're there so we can get the real story?
I would do, but I've run out of equipment :(

Reactions: Ista

·
Registered
256 Posts
Today I discovered the poem 'Invictus', by William Ernest Henley

"Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.”

·
Registered
750 Posts
My coworker told me she had a dream about me and my boss last night. The three of us were spies, and I was "the mastermind" who saved the mission by replicating the functionality of an iPhone with a piece of whole-wheat bread.

What I learned from this:

1) She subconsciously sees me as a mad scientist. Score one for me.
2) Proof that the iPhone is as worthless as a piece of bread. Double word score!
3) She said the only thing I couldn't replicate with the bread was FaceTime. My solution was only a partial one, and that's unacceptable. I will now spend the remainder of the day wondering why her imaginary version of me couldn't make FaceTime out of bread...

1 - 20 of 217 Posts