Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today is one of those days when life seems really overwhelming and I wish someone was here to give me a hug and sit with me for a while. But there's no one around. Sometimes I feel like I spend so much time as the person who is around for other people, and it makes me wonder what I've done wrong that no one is here with me when I'm in need. I know that's a selfish thought. But just once I'd like to have an equal friendship.

I've always been the person who struggled to find enough time to myself. Now suddenly I feel very lonely. Does anyone else ever feel this way?

·
Registered
715 Posts
Yes, I have those days as well. It sucks when you feel that no one is there for you...but I find that, usually, when I really need someone, they pop up. When that fails, I try to listen to music or cry it out to relieve the feeling.

I hope that you feel better soon!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I can relate very well with you. I'm going through this period..a good friend married, a best friend got kids, ...
A lot of things are changing and everybody is moving on.
I'm learning that putting yourself in first place..may be selfish..but these are the small pleasures in life you really need in order to be happy.
I've also learnt that some thing only WE call selfish. :crazy:

·
Registered
428 Posts
Sorry to hear that your day didn't go well. But you're not as alone as you think you are when you have the INFJ cafe. For whatever reason, when you stumbled through those doors, you found a place in this world where you belong and where you can find countless opportunities for that equal friendship that you seek. All you need to do is to nurture them. Holla if you need any of us and we will be here for you. :happy:

Reactions: yellowbritt

·
Registered
35 Posts
I feel that way all the time. . .especially now that most of my friends have gone off to college, and I'm stuck living in this town that they have left behind. . .

I am not completely alone here. I still live with my family and all. . . But I can't find comfort in them any longer. Been too long with them, I think.

Anyway, just know that you are not alone in your loneliness.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Vizier and kerrime. Like I said before, sometimes you just want to know that you're not alone.

I'm so glad I found PerC. It's good to find some support sometimes. :)

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Sorry to hear that your day didn't go well. But you're not as alone as you think you are when you have the INFJ cafe. For whatever reason, when you stumbled through those doors, you found a place in this world where you belong and where you can find countless opportunities for that equal friendship that you seek. All you need to do is to nurture them. Holla if you need any of us and we will be here for you. :happy:
D-did... you just... say... 'Holla'?

Oh god. My terrible imagination has twisted the Warring States period into a bunch of chinese people shouting street slang at each other. Thanks for the mental image; I now must go back and replay Dynasty Warriors. :/

·
Registered
428 Posts
D-did... you just... say... 'Holla'?

Oh god. My terrible imagination has twisted the Warring States period into a bunch of chinese people shouting street slang at each other. Thanks for the mental image; I now must go back and replay Dynasty Warriors. :/
I was thinking holler but it came out holla....u pick up on the weirdest things. Thank God for you Zomboy! :crazy:

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
yellowbrit.... loneliness hits all of us in the most random times ever.

Yes... we may constantly be struggling to find enough alone-time for ourselves and we may often find ourselves wishing that we could be left alone by other people, to be lost in our thoughts... but, then there are these days.. every so often, where we become enveloped with this overwhelming loneliness and overwhelming desire to find comfort in wishing someone that can just hug us, understand us, and give a damn about us without us having to first reach out.

Hang in there. We all feel ya.

give yourself some time to take in every moment of this feeling of loneliness... i've learned that it's something the INFJ needs to embrace... and it's a part of ourselves that is hard to accept.. but yes, you are not alone in this feeling of loneliness. =] it's hard... but there are also many of us here struggling with the same thing.

I wish i could do or say more to help out, but i'm limited to the words in this post. *Hugs yellowbrit!* Keep your chin up!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Today is one of those days when life seems really overwhelming and I wish someone was here to give me a hug and sit with me for a while. But there's no one around. Sometimes I feel like I spend so much time as the person who is around for other people, and it makes me wonder what I've done wrong that no one is here with me when I'm in need. I know that's a selfish thought. But just once I'd like to have an equal friendship.

I've always been the person who struggled to find enough time to myself. Now suddenly I feel very lonely. Does anyone else ever feel this way?
im having the same kinda day.. outta the blue.
its 1:47am, im alone..listening to the hurricane come thru town and i stumble on this post and i read that im not so "alone"
im old enough to wonder if life for an "infj" will always involve these "feelings" i usually get some kinda great insight from these times but the "lows" are pretty low
" I wish someone was here to give me a hug and sit with me for a while."
thats it! just some kinda...sincere presence.. maybe just hold my hand. im pretty good at working stuff out in my head but during that time it would be nice to have a presence by my side as i would give to others im "close" to.
your not alone yellowbritt :wink:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts