Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
I'm not BS-ing here when I share that today's lesson for me has been that when I am open and receptive to people, when I allow my true colors to come through, and thus exercise some faith in life, good people respond in kind. Something to do with energy exchange...or if you put out good vibes, good vibes come back to you. I'm serious. I'm living proof this stuff is for reals. :)

·
PerC Mermaid
23,481 Posts
Today´s lesson :
Never fight against your nature...you will lose.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Ill tell "her", that she stays a mystery for me. She is not explainable, idk.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Loving yourself is the most important thing to do. Feeling that love is different than thinking about it or knowing, and your ego may be preventing that feeling. If you love yourself, so will everything else and you yourself will be able to love. This is our biggest obstacle, but it is possible to shatter that barrier of shadows we set up for ourselves.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
That I need to move on from my past and not let it dictate my future. Enjoy the present, appreciate all the good things I have in my life now.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I didn't actually learn a new thing today, rather had it re-affirmed.

Not to judge a book by it's cover. I work with a woman who is very physically attractive and have always thought her a little aloof.........turns out she has had some real tragedy in her life and is one of the more empathetic people you could meet who is all but unaware of her appearance!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Today I learned that providing clean drinking water for nearly everyone is an attainable dream.

And then I saw that this TED Talk was in 2009, and I haven't heard anything about Lifesaver before today.

For a brief moment I was filled with indescribable joy, but the feeling was soon darkened with indignation and frustration at parts of the 'civilized' world for not utilizing this technology to its wonderful extent.

I realized that I can make a difference even given my limited monetary capabilities.

1 - 20 of 197 Posts