Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may sound really random, but what do you guys think of tofu? I personally really like it, but my sister hates the stuff. Do you guys like it and why? Sorry sort of had a random calling of Tofu-ness... :D

Also I'm not really sure if I'm meant to put this kind of thread on here (sorry ima new kid) (:) , so feel free admins to remove it if it shouldn't be here :D

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I can't handle tofu. It tastes really... rubbery. It tastes like nothing. :( The texture is all weird and stuff.

Tofurkey tastes interesting, though. And I like tofu plushies. :D
Omg! That sounds exactly what I'd say about mushrooms! It's soo weird because I smelt my feet the other day (don't ask) and they smelt EXACTLY like mushrooms!! :OOO :D

·
His Majesty
12,625 Posts
Omg! That sounds exactly what I'd say about mushrooms! It's soo weird because I smelt my feet the other day (don't ask) and they smelt EXACTLY like mushrooms!! :OOO :D
So you're telling me that your feet would taste great when sauteed with butter?

·
Registered
118 Posts
The Western world, and Japan, all do tofu completely wrong. I hated it until I came to China. Tofu can be done right, they have awesome fried tofu here, and some kinds of it are completely perfect as part of a hotpot munchfest.

Reactions: JennyBanana

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
I have actually eaten a few types of tofu meat substitutes and if they're spiced right, it's not that much different. Like I started making spaghetti sauce with veggi-beef and though there is a distinct taste to it, it's not like it's bad. Just know it isn't going to taste like fresh meat and everything should be ok. I'm a very picky eater btw, if it tasted absolutely dreadful I'd say so lol.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I've always wanted to see tofu in real life. Does it really taste like nothing? From the pictures on the first page, it kinda looks like cheese. And I like cheese!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts