Personality Cafe banner
41 - 60 of 265 Posts

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Really? I see Benedict as an INFJ and Tom as an ENFJ.
It's very hard to differentiate enfjs and infjs. I was talking about the vibe they give off, but if you want to strengthen your point about Tom about enfj instead of infj, you should back it up with some sort of evidence to him being extroverted. Is he the type that typically initiates conversations more often than he responds to them or vice versa ?

Sent from my Potatoe using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
It's very hard to differentiate enfjs and infjs. I was talking about the vibe they give off, but if you want to strengthen your point about Tom about enfj instead of infj, you should back it up with some sort of evidence to him being extroverted. Is he the type that typically initiates conversations more often than he responds to them or vice versa ?

If you read previous posts you will see all our evidence of his extroversion. Plus look at interviews of them both. Intoverts are more quiet and extroverts tend to be antsy in sharing.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
If you read previous posts you will see all our evidence of his extroversion. Plus look at interviews of them both. Intoverts are more quiet and extroverts tend to be antsy in sharing.
so I desperately looked back at the other posts to find a lot about him being enfj or extrovert with no evidence for it, other than him feeding off other people's energies or being able to adapt to other interviewers - both which infjs can also do. And also since enfjs share a lot of infj functions it is possible for an enfj to see themselves in an infj. Same with enfps for infp celebrities.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
so I desperately looked back at the other posts to find a lot about him being enfj or extrovert with no evidence for it, other than him feeding off other people's energies or being able to adapt to other interviewers - both which infjs can also do. And also since enfjs share a lot of infj functions it is possible for an enfj to see themselves in an infj. Same with enfps for infp celebrities.

Um, okay. How about i keep my opinion, and you keep yours. I see him as an ENFJ, you see him as INFJ. I am not going to change mines and you are not going to change yours that is evident, and I feel going into this is going to be a waste of time due to us being stubborn. So yeah.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Um, okay. How about i keep my opinion, and you keep yours. I see him as an ENFJ, you see him as INFJ. I am not going to change mines and you are not going to change yours that is evident, and I feel going into this is going to be a waste of time due to us being stubborn. So yeah.
aha well, you can still have your opinion, i actually don't even know whether he's either. I just want to know whether or not there was a behavior that made him more extroverted, then I would believe him to be enfj myself. Seriously, I haven't even seen much of him when he isn't acting to say whether he is either, I just wanted to know if you did, so I could seen the him being enfj side.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
aha well, you can still have your opinion, i actually don't even know whether he's either. I just want to know whether or not there was a behavior that made him more extroverted, then I would believe him to be enfj myself. Seriously, I haven't even seen much of him when he isn't acting to say whether he is either, I just wanted to know if you did, so I could seen the him being enfj side.

Ohhhh, okay because i was starting to get a little upset like are you just trying to start something or something? But okay, hmmm well he ran the great wall of China, danced in front of his korean fans and on Chatty man, youtube it, and he also went to Guinea for UNICEF. Its too much to put on here, so you are gonna have to search it up lol, sorry. That okay for you? :)

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Ohhhh, okay because i was starting to get a little upset like are you just trying to start something or something? But okay, hmmm well he ran the great wall of China, danced in front of his korean fans and on Chatty man, youtube it, and he also went to Guinea for UNICEF. Its too much to put on here, so you are gonna have to search it up lol, sorry. That okay for you? :)
I have no reason to be upset really, but I admit that I can come off as passive aggressive, for that I blame my introverted lens. lol.
It's just that I see that those are experiences, and don't always determine mbti? Sorry, it's just that I've met and seen a lot of chatty infjs, who dance in front of crowds and go out of their way to do good in humanitarian ways.

But maybe I did misunderstand you, when you said he danced in front of his Korean fans; would you relate that to him practicing Fe and catering to the needs of those around him effectively, showing them that he is validating their values as an enfj would ?

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
I have no reason to be upset really, but I admit that I can come off as passive aggressive, for that I blame my introverted lens. lol.
It's just that I see that those are experiences, and don't always determine mbti? Sorry, it's just that I've met and seen a lot of chatty infjs, who dance in front of crowds and go out of their way to do good in humanitarian ways.

But maybe I did misunderstand you, when you said he danced in front of his Korean fans; would you relate that to him practicing Fe and catering to the needs of those around him effectively, showing them that he is validating their values as an enfj would ?
yeah, because He offered too. he also sang for them as well. I mean the brought soup to a reporter because the reporter mentioned we would like some. And he also did impressions for everyone countless times, did a raptor impression.....that was funny too, and other things.....this man has done so much its hard to remember them all....sheesh

Np, its in the past.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Sooo. No consensus to be reached here? I've everyone's post and there seems to be a consensus around Hiddleston having Fe rather than Fi, and being an NF. Which leaves us with either ENFJ/INFJ. If Hiddleston thinks himself to be an extrovert, I would be happy to call it quit and say ENFJ. But there's still room to argue.

I've only seen him in as Loki and as Hal/Henry V in the Hollow Crown. I wouldn't know how to begin to type Loki but Henry V is (in Shakespeare at least) the ENTP-iest ENTP ever to have ENTP-ed. I've found Tom's interpretation to emanate a lot of Fe, which could be consistent with ENFJ. Tom's favorite Henry V's speech is the "once more to the breech" speech, which is a very generous and positive battle speech. ENFJs have this diffuse warm glow around their feature. Just watching their faces warms you up. They're like the sun in summer. When you're around ENFJs, you feel the exposure to their emotional warmth.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Okay I'm going to shut-up for now and give my diagnosis: ENFJ
E--because he seems to really feed off of peoples energies.
N--Well, just because he is!
F--Crazy feeling
J--because he cares a lot about others. He "mothers" (er...fathers?) them. He gives his fans individualized attention no matter how inconvient it is for him. He's quick to worry about the wellfare of others. He even brought soup to a reporter who mentioned that he wanted some. He's ALWAYS apologizing for everything. I mean, EVERYTHING. Very Jishy (<----I made a new word! :tongue:).

Anyways, theres my ridiculously long post about it. Don't freak out too much that I knew all that crap about him. I'm an ENFP so he was one of my random "OMGIHaveToResearchThisUntilIQuitCaring!" moments a few months ago. :laughing: (<---By the way, I know this guy face is supposed to show laughter but honestly he just creeps me out with the giant X for a face. BUT maybe that's just me....:wink:).
Associating being a J, or having extroverted feeling, with simply caring about others is just untrue. Just because someone has extroverted feeling doesn't mean they're going to be any more caring than a P or an introverted feeling user. If I were famous, I would be the same way with my fans and always give them individualized attention even though I'm a perceiver and an introverted feeling user. I value other people's feelings a lot, and I know a lot of other introverted feeling users/perceivers who do too. Just because I stand up for things I believe in even if there's opposition doesn't mean I don't love making others feel good. I'm also a Type 2, The Helper, which I've read is one of the three most common types for ENFP's to get as their Enneatype.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Just because I stand up for things I believe in even if there's opposition doesn't mean I don't love making others feel good. I'm also a Type 2, The Helper, which I've read is one of the three most common types for ENFP's to get as their Enneatype.
Yes, I've noticed this too! You ENFPs really care about people. To me, ENFPs are the less self-centered type of Fi user out there.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Sooo. No consensus to be reached here? I've everyone's post and there seems to be a consensus around Hiddleston having Fe rather than Fi, and being an NF. Which leaves us with either ENFJ/INFJ. If Hiddleston thinks himself to be an extrovert, I would be happy to call it quit and say ENFJ. But there's still room to argue.

I've only seen him in as Loki and as Hal/Henry V in the Hollow Crown. I wouldn't know how to begin to type Loki but Henry V is (in Shakespeare at least) the ENTP-iest ENTP ever to have ENTP-ed. I've found Tom's interpretation to emanate a lot of Fe, which could be consistent with ENFJ. Tom's favorite Henry V's speech is the "once more to the breech" speech, which is a very generous and positive battle speech. ENFJs have this diffuse warm glow around their feature. Just watching their faces warms you up. They're like the sun in summer. When you're around ENFJs, you feel the exposure to their emotional warmth.
Someone posted before in the past posts that he did say he was extroverted. Not sure who though, but I do remember reading that.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Yeah, this is what I had in mind. I wish we had a good source! :)
I have contemplated on google-ing it, but i feel too weird to do it lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
He mentions about being extroverted in this interview that's on youtube, '"Only Lovers Left Alive' star Tom Hiddleston in Studio Q", at around the 07.42 mins mark :)
I believe he comes across as being very ENFJ, followed by an INFJ with a heavy reliance on Fe.

·
Registered
129 Posts
He mentions about being extroverted in this interview that's on youtube, '"Only Lovers Left Alive' star Tom Hiddleston in Studio Q", at around the 07.42 mins mark :)
I believe he comes across as being very ENFJ, followed by an INFJ with a heavy reliance on Fe.
Oh thank you so much Twiddledeb! I do trust him in the judgment of his own character. Extroverted he is then!

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
41 - 60 of 265 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.