Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should you have skipped someone or are you beating yourself up for letting one get away. Regrets?

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
Should have skipped them all. I was cursed once by someone who told me, "You can never have the one you want." The good ones didn't have a chance to "get away" because they were usually gay or taken. There is a reason for that stereotypical complaint. It happens to be true for me.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
One I should've skipped and one I should've gone for.

cancels out :D

Reactions: viva

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
I regret not getting with some girls. Most of unfortunately I didn't realized I had a chance until it was gone for over a couple of years. I am quite dense when it comes to dating and love.

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
Some were worse than others. I am certain that I would be much better off had I never met one. I suppose I could have skipped them all, but I wouldn't be the same person today. Maybe that's not such a good thing, but I'm still hopeful it won't stop me from ending up with the right person.

Reactions: jack london

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
There are some I regret and some I regret missing out on. I am rather dense myself in relation to getting into things like that.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
There are none I reallly regret getting with, though there have been some that were totally forgettable and I probably would have better spent my time doing a crossword.

There are many more I wish I had gone for.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I regret not taking advantage of some opportunities. I'm trying to work on that to at least give them a shot, but I over analyze everything and hence take too much time to make a decision.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Everyone I have had a relationship with happened for a reason. Like the high school crush which always plays out better in your mind! Or your first that you never forget. Or the one night stand that became a relationship. Everything has purpose.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
There are a few opportunities I should have taken. I'm not sure I really regret not taking them though. Things may be a lot different now if I had and I kind of like things the way they are.

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
One in particular and I knew it at the time it was like "in ten years time you are going to dwell on this with regret"... but in a way I think I needed that situation to happen, I needed that "what if". Because I knew it was mostly physical and that if it went there then it could of ruined that image. I'm glad I still have that mystery regarding that situation. My regret is in a positive light ... I guess similar to having a poster on the wall of someone famous and dreaming up fantasies of them, it's just that I was friends with this person. So in a way it's regret but ..not.. if that makes sense? :S

·
Registered
227 Posts
a couple I would steer clear of and one I wish I had realized was right in front of me, waiting for me to notice that I was too blind and wrapped up in other things to see

but really, I wouldn't do anything different because if I did, I might not have found what I currently have; and to me, this one is worth all the good times and regrets of my ill spent years

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
I've been with 2 and 1/2 guys. (Half guy as in, we messed around but didn't go all the way.)

First guy- Definitely should have skipped.

Second guy- He and I were attracted for a while before it happened, so I'm okay with my choice. But he was a bit of a douche, so eh, you get some, you lose some. :unsure:

1/2 guy- I don't regret this one. He's alright.

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
I don't regret any of my experiences. They all have formed me and they were all unique bonds. I think it's incredible to have experienced so much intimacy with someone. I treasure the experience and the memories.

I've never let someone get away since I don't really "capture" people to begin with. I let people in and I let them out. They sort of wash through me. They change me and give me different glows and better understandings. I leave nothing unsaid. So if I'm not with someone, it's beyond my control. Sometimes, I can accept people, our separation, and love them "cosmically". I hope that others can physically love them for me.

I think I've had a lot of relationships so I would never think "too little". Just enough. Whatever makes me "me" is obviously just the perfect amount.

Reactions: wafflecake

·
Banned
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I don't regret any of my experiences. They all have formed me and they were all unique bonds. I think it's incredible to have experienced so much intimacy with someone. I treasure the experience and the memories.

I've never let someone get away since I don't really "capture" people to begin with. I let people in and I let them out. They sort of wash through me. They change me and give me different glows and better understandings. I leave nothing unsaid. So if I'm not with someone, it's beyond my control. Sometimes, I can accept people, our separation, and love them "cosmically". I hope that others can physically love them for me.

I think I've had a lot of relationships so I would never think "too little". Just enough. Whatever makes me "me" is obviously just the perfect amount.

Seriously - if you ever write a book I will be the first to buy a copy.

Reactions: pinkrasputin
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.