Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all!
I've been looking through this forum for a while and finally decided to post something because I have pretty much hit a wall in terms of trying to type myself let alone other people. I have so many questions and I don't trust myself to take any test anymore because I end up answering to get what I want to be.

Is it possible for an ENFP to have a very well developed Ti? I feel that I excel in my theoretical/rational college courses and it seems unnatural for it to come so easy for an ENFP(what I identified most with as of my childhood). I dont think I'm an ENTP because I am way too sensitive and empathic to do anything without in the back of my mind considering the harm I might cause to someone else, and it just doesn't fit.

I took a test where you checked boxes for the cognitive functions and I feel that this is a fairly accurate representation of mine:
Ne,Fi=Ti,Se,Ni,Fe.Te,Si
One of my biggest idols is Bruce Lee and I can't tell if it is because we are so different or so similar as stupid as that sounds...

I feel that the Te should be significantly higher if I were ENFP but no other type really connects as well. I've thought about INFP/INTP/ISFP/ISTP because although I am a socially graceful and fun I have increasingly been needing my time alone to recharge and I'm not opposed to the possibility that I'm an adapted introvert with more Se than most. The newest development has been a possibility for some mutant INFJ since they seem to be the most conflicted and have the ability to morph into other types (with Ni and Fe) and some have suggested this is the reason they seem so "rare".

I'd rather not bore everyone with another stranger's life story but I went through a greatly traumatic event a while ago and it really shook me to the core, so much that I feel like a blank slate. I dont feel that my functions are underdeveloped but I am still young enough for my functions to continue to change and I want to feel natural in my own personality.

EDIT: more info below.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Have you ever thought that what you think is Ti is actually you using Te?

For a long time, I typed myself as ENTP because I am a very logical person and I excel in things like theory, math, physics, chemistry, statistics, all that. I kept testing as an ENFP/INFP though, so I doubted my type. Some introspection and posting on this forum led me to better understand that ENFPs are perfectly capable of being logical minds.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Looks ENTP to me...
I dont think I'm an ENTP because I am way too sensitive and empathic to do anything without in the back of my mind considering the harm I might cause to someone else, and it just doesn't fit.
Tertiary Fe
:]

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey guys thanks for the response-
I'm pretty sure it is Ti because it is rather unexplainable and there are not any set steps to it as I think Te has, unless I'm misunderstanding them. But like you said I'm not ruling out ENFP just because of logic.

The Fe in ENTP sounds plausible. I guess It just never sounded right-the descriptions on most sites never really clicked for me. I like that the two suggestions were E though, it reinforces that my I tendencies are just brought on my stress and getting older. Come to think of it I've gotten ENTP on more tests than any of the other types I suggested but I thought it was just the nature of the tests with the similarity in charisma and things like that.

Guess I need to do more searching on the F/T dichotomy than I originally thought. I don't know why but thinking of this stuff out loud (in text) is so much more clear to me than if I was arguing with myself in my head.
Thanks or something lol

·
Registered
689 Posts
Don't take it too seriously. Every person is a mixture of emotion and thought.
You may very well be ENFP.

An important question to ask yourself is: How do I act when the pressure is on? Your actual type is much more willing to come right out when the heat gets turned up, until a certain point- Where your shadow makes itself evident.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Every time that I think I've decided on a type for myself and think that I can stop worrying about it, some thought crosses my mind like “what if I'm actually this kind of person and I'm just denying it/not noticing?” So I want to this right so I don't keep second guessing myself. This is what happened today and it was a pretty normal day, nothing awesome/horrible. I'd really appreciate some feedback-

WARNING: Wall of Text
:laughing:

Wake up after hitting the snooze button 4 times. Enjoy the sunlight through my window. Get into the shower and get ready. Put on some clothes that I feel look good and look like what I feel (bare with me) embodies my “essence”. Double check I have everything in my backpack I need. Hop outside and enjoy the newness of whatever weather happened overnight. Put in some headphones to listen to morning music (James Brown/Rock if its sunny or some jazz/calmer stuff if it is rainy).
Get on my bike and ride to class. I notice everything happening around me and I'm usually very aware of where cars are/what people are doing/anything interesting. Walk to class and see if I know anyone. Sit down in class in the middle/front of the room and get out my stuff on my desk so I'm ready to take down notes. I follow along with the teacher and it is fairly annoying when people ask her to repeat something or slow down. Ride my bike home and see if my roommates are up to go to the cafe.
Go to the cafe to eat laugh and enjoy. Ride my bike home again and get on the internet/chill in my room. Play/write music if I'm feeling it and possibly work out/play soccer so I can feel good that I look good. Get home and play video games with roommates/do some kind of fun social activity (preferably not some party with hundreds of people I don't know, as I feel like I have to put on a show).
Go over what I want to do with my life again and see what I can do to get closer to that goal. See if there is anything I overlooked or need to incorporate into my life that happened during the day. Do any homework if it is due the next day and peruse the internet until I get tired enough to go to sleep.

Hopefully more useful info-
My room is usually fairly messy and I only clean up every once in a while, but when I do, I clean up everything, making everything totally tidy so I can enjoy it until it gets messy again.
I can be very spontaneous and procrastinate often, but I'm never late for appointments unless I go there often and I'm caught up in whatever is happening.
I love being stupid and disregarding warnings because I feel free and myself-I feel that I'll be young at heart much longer than most. I'm a people pleaser and I love my independence. Around girls I'm usually the friend who they feel comfortable with, and I don't try to come on too hard/put on a show. In whatever job I end up doing I want to be competent and inspiring to the people around me.

I feel so conceited writing this and I'm sorry if I blabbered about things that have nothing to do with MBTI, I just wanted to be thorough. After writing this I have a better idea of what type I am but I dont want to color your thoughts. I'd appreciate anything even if you think my type fits closest with “GTFO”

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm pretty sure it is Ti because it is rather unexplainable and there are not any set steps to it as I think Te has, unless I'm misunderstanding them. But like you said I'm not ruling out ENFP just because of logic.
If it's unexplainable, then it's probably more likely Fi. As I understand it, Fi makes decisions from things that aren't explainable or concrete, but you just get a feeling that it's the right thing. Ti, on the other hand, seems to make decisions based on facts, or at least a more tangible train of thought. That's not to say that with Fi, all your choices are made on random emotional whims with Fi, but that even if you are following the "logical" choice, it's not so much a direct conclusion from fact as a feeling you get from some unconscious system in your mind. Like when you picked your clothes... you didn't think about facts (which clothes work best with your shape or which had gotten the most compliments), you just "felt" that it was the right outfit. Also, just count the many times you said "if i feel, then __" in your post. :tongue:

In my opinion, you sound more Fi, which would mean ENFP. I still stand by that. I used to think being a feeler was about being more emotional, but it's not that. It's just that you tend to understand emotions more and consider them a tangible fact that goes into the decision process. That's why NFs are nice and NTs aren't! (Yes, that sweeping generalization is true and not sarcastic at all!)

Also, I have never heard any NT say "I love being stupid." So you would be the first. :crazy:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Every time that I think I've decided on a type for myself and think that I can stop worrying about it, some thought crosses my mind like “what if I'm actually this kind of person and I'm just denying it/not noticing?” So I want to this right so I don't keep second guessing myself. This is what happened today and it was a pretty normal day, nothing awesome/horrible. I'd really appreciate some feedback-

WARNING: Wall of Text
:laughing:

Wake up after hitting the snooze button 4 times. Enjoy the sunlight through my window. Get into the shower and get ready. Put on some clothes that I feel look good and look like what I feel (bare with me) embodies my “essence”. Double check I have everything in my backpack I need. Hop outside and enjoy the newness of whatever weather happened overnight. Put in some headphones to listen to morning music (James Brown/Rock if its sunny or some jazz/calmer stuff if it is rainy).
Get on my bike and ride to class. I notice everything happening around me and I'm usually very aware of where cars are/what people are doing/anything interesting. Walk to class and see if I know anyone. Sit down in class in the middle/front of the room and get out my stuff on my desk so I'm ready to take down notes. I follow along with the teacher and it is fairly annoying when people ask her to repeat something or slow down. Ride my bike home and see if my roommates are up to go to the cafe.
Go to the cafe to eat laugh and enjoy. Ride my bike home again and get on the internet/chill in my room. Play/write music if I'm feeling it and possibly work out/play soccer so I can feel good that I look good. Get home and play video games with roommates/do some kind of fun social activity (preferably not some party with hundreds of people I don't know, as I feel like I have to put on a show).
Go over what I want to do with my life again and see what I can do to get closer to that goal. See if there is anything I overlooked or need to incorporate into my life that happened during the day. Do any homework if it is due the next day and peruse the internet until I get tired enough to go to sleep.

Hopefully more useful info-
My room is usually fairly messy and I only clean up every once in a while, but when I do, I clean up everything, making everything totally tidy so I can enjoy it until it gets messy again.
I can be very spontaneous and procrastinate often, but I'm never late for appointments unless I go there often and I'm caught up in whatever is happening.
I love being stupid and disregarding warnings because I feel free and myself-I feel that I'll be young at heart much longer than most. I'm a people pleaser and I love my independence. Around girls I'm usually the friend who they feel comfortable with, and I don't try to come on too hard/put on a show. In whatever job I end up doing I want to be competent and inspiring to the people around me.

I feel so conceited writing this and I'm sorry if I blabbered about things that have nothing to do with MBTI, I just wanted to be thorough. After writing this I have a better idea of what type I am but I dont want to color your thoughts. I'd appreciate anything even if you think my type fits closest with “GTFO”
Just throwing in my two cents....... This description sounds like ENFP to me. Can't say I have any solid reasons for saying that, I'm pretty sure it's my Ni talking! :) Anyway, I hope this helps. :unsure:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts