Personality Cafe banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Jesus was never ever confirmed as historical figure.People who invented this story brought devastation to Roman empire and 1700 years of hatred,torture,genocide and murder of everyone with different opinion.Not to mention subjugation of women.So,he is mythological,not historical figure.
Adolf Hitler was trying to make superior race,and eradicate all,in his opinnion, inferrior races.In process,he killed millions of innocent
people.Just a psychopath with huge inferiority complex.Not unlike todays populists.My grandfather ended in nazi concentration camp.So,please,don't mention his "virtues", especialy not in modern Germany.Regards from Europe.

·
Premium Member
INTJ 5w4 (Sp/Sx) 594
547 Posts
Jesus was never ever confirmed as historical figure.People who invented this story brought devastation to Roman empire and 1700 years of hatred,torture,genocide and murder of everyone with different opinion.Not to mention subjugation of women.So,he is mythological,not historical figure.
Want to name one other civilization in that time period that didn't murder everyone that didn't agree with them?

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
@Redwizard that’s a lot of horror to assign to one person, especially one you’re saying is mythological. I think in a broader context it is everyday humans who are the monsters. People can take a message of tolerance, try to forget about the message of tolerance, assign themselves a “I’m better than you because X” rule and proceed to try to dominate others and make them think and be how they are, but even if they try people may just kill them anyway. Looking down on others for truly believing in someone’s message of tolerance, if it is not popular and telling others what to believe can get repeated like it did just now as you wrote what you did. To me or how I see it is that there will always be those who try to force others to think the same way they do... no matter what the message. It seems to be about some kind of popularity. But somehow these forced messages are always far too simplistic. A “good” or “bad” label. For instance, haven’t you read? Jesus is “bad” in the streets of Berlin. Best not to mention him.” It’s too simplistic. In my opinion 2000 years of oppression is never something you can pin on one person. Especially when elsewhere there are other groups pinning it on someone else. I also see that oppression costs lots of money and effort. Hatred is expensive. It takes organization too. So there is no way that hatred and oppressive tendencies isn’t on each individual and each generation. It’s on each of us to try to stop that cycle. To me the thing to watch out for is popular and simplified viewpoints. Whatever makes it so that you can blame or hate someone else.

Okay off my soap box.

·
Premium Member
INTJ 5w4 (Sp/Sx) 594
547 Posts
Are we just taking about real history or does book history count too hahaha
I don't see why not. I don't think this forum is that busy nowadays.

·
Registered
15,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Are we just taking about real history or does book history count too hahaha
Ah it’s an Ne dom forum go wild with anything realistic fictional or even off topic :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ImpossibleHunt5

·
Registered
Enfp 7w8 ;p
185 Posts
Well here we go then :)

1. Jo March from little women, probably one of the most relatable characters I have ever come across for myself. Not only because she loves to write, but because the way she deals with things in her life are exactly how I would. And I just love her energy.
2. Cress from the liner chronicles. I love this character and again a character that I relate to because she is a total hopeless romantic and romanticizes life which is something I do far to often.
3. Repunzel and not just because of quarantine hahaha. But because I was home schooled and as a result I felt a little trapped but always mad ether best of it. I too would start singing and dancing in a criminal den and I do put a lot of weight on my dreams
4. Donna Sheridan from mamma Mia. I love travel and I think experiencing everything is important. I can be a little impulsive and not think things through and of course I am a bit of a drama queen.
5. Persephone from lore olympus. I can be sweet and nice but I also have a deep wrath inside me when people hurt my friends or compromise my values. But I keep that hidden.

I just have a deep sense of being a part of these characters I can't really say why though.

·
Registered
47 Posts
@Redwizard that’s a lot of horror to assign to one person, especially one you’re saying is mythological. I think in a broader context it is everyday humans who are the monsters. People can take a message of tolerance, try to forget about the message of tolerance, assign themselves a “I’m better than you because X” rule and proceed to try to dominate others and make them think and be how they are, but even if they try people may just kill them anyway. Looking down on others for truly believing in someone’s message of tolerance, if it is not popular and telling others what to believe can get repeated like it did just now as you wrote what you did. To me or how I see it is that there will always be those who try to force others to think the same way they do... no matter what the message. It seems to be about some kind of popularity. But somehow these forced messages are always far too simplistic. A “good” or “bad” label. For instance, haven’t you read? Jesus is “bad” in the streets of Berlin. Best not to mention him.” It’s too simplistic. In my opinion 2000 years of oppression is never something you can pin on one person. Especially when elsewhere there are other groups pinning it on someone else. I also see that oppression costs lots of money and effort. Hatred is expensive. It takes organization too. So there is no way that hatred and oppressive tendencies isn’t on each individual and each generation. It’s on each of us to try to stop that cycle. To me the thing to watch out for is popular and simplified viewpoints. Whatever makes it so that you can blame or hate someone else.

Okay off my soap box.
I was talking about Hitler,not Jesus.That was obviously missunderstanding.Please read it again.Could be my misspelling.In short,my personal-not only mine is that Jesus never existed,and as such he belongs in mithology,not history,like all of human gods or demigods.Personaly Zeus is much more interesting character.It is hard to deny that monoteistic religions always destroy any other set of belifs.Again,about evil I was talking about Hitler,but again,it's unusual how many people was tortured and killed in the name of merciful God.

Reactions: Llyralen

·
Registered
47 Posts
Want to name one other civilization in that time period that didn't murder everyone that didn't agree with them?
Correct you are-if you are talking about organized religion.But people usually don't read how some religion come to be,they just have they opinions-waving this or that book in one hand and sword in other.

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
@Redwizard. Sorry I mis-read. That’s quite a big mis-reading then. I hope people think Hitler was a monster. Not the only monster at that time, the ideals of the Nazis were organized... but he was a monster. Sorry to hear about what that time did to your own family.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts