Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any Top Gear fans here? I'm curious about James May, Jeremy Clarkson, and Richard Hammond.

If I had to guess I'd put Clarkson as an ESTP, Hammond as an ISTP, and May as an INTJ.

Who knows about the Stig... :laughing:

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Heheh I'm a huuuuuge fan of Top Gear. I blame it and it alone for making me want a supercar when I'm obviously never going to be able to afford one. Haha!

I think Jeremy is an NT. His humour is pretty N, I'm sure. All the random references he makes to history and such are a very N thing to do. He's obviously not an NF though, haha!

Also, Hammond actually did photography and art at university, and then went into journalism. I don't think that's something an ISTP would do at all. Also, he names his cars and gets attached to them... like Oliver, who he found in South Africa. I actually think that's a pretty NF thing to do. He also talked in an interview about how wonderful learning is, in a very inspired way which made me go YES! ABSOLUTELY!
I'm quite sure that he's some sort of NF. I love all the Top Gear guys but I really just "get" Hammond.

May... I have no. idea. I can't tell what he is other than probably IxxP.. He confuses me. Maybe that means he's a sensor? I'm not sure. I'm thinking perhaps ISTP but I really am completely lost when it comes to May. :crazy:

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Concerning Hammond, I actually have no idea.. :laughing:

I put Jeremy as an ESTP because he always goes on about "sensations" and such. He screams Se imo. ESTP's also have secondary Ti which makes sense when he start reasoning and some of his jokes. Of course, being an ESTP he likes to act, more so than Hammond and May (who likes to plan things out and is clearly more cerebral than the others - he also always gets lost and goes on about more technical things which annoys Jeremy). I really don't see Clarkson as an NT, really don't.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Jeremy always struck me as an ENTP, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was an ESTP either.
May seems INTP to me, there obviously isn't much to go by, but based on what I've seen on Top gear I would say INTP.
I'm more unsure about Hammond, SFP possibly?

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Yeah, Jeremy strikes me as ENTP too.
Still confused regarding Hammond and May...

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Hammond seems pretty ENTP to me.

Clarkson ENTJ maybe?

May ISTJ?

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I just don't think an ENTP would name their own cars and get protective of them. Hammond seems like a softie.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Top Gear has consumed my life! I love it to the point of almost obsession. I am so dressing up as the Stig for Halloween.

I'd say for Jeremy: ESTP or ENTP
My guess is that Hammond is an ENFP. He is a hard one to type. But I definitely think he is an ExFP.
I'd say ISTP for May, maybe INTP.

Some say he is an.......but all we know is, he's called The Stig.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Jeremy Clarkson: ESTP
John Hammond: ENFP
James May: INTJ

James is DEFINITELY a J!

·
Registered
764 Posts
@Kelly617 I agree with the 'J' thing. Now that I look at it I can't remember why I thought he was a P. I am saying IXXJ. I am leaning towards ISTJ but really it's up for grabs.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
@Kelly617 I agree with the 'J' thing. Now that I look at it I can't remember why I thought he was a P. I am saying IXXJ. I am leaning towards ISTJ but really it's up for grabs.
Lol! Yeah, I was going to say, he keeps a toothbrush in his glovebox to clean his air conditioning vents! XD

·
Banned
1,794 Posts
James May is my favourite...he's just...him, he doesn't try to impress anyone like the other two. Tthe other two have started to get on my nerves a bit.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
James May is my favourite...he's just...him, he doesn't try to impress anyone like the other two. Tthe other two have started to get on my nerves a bit.
Yeah, James is probably the most genuine of the three...though I'll always have a soft spot for Hamster. XD

Reactions: MissNobody

·
Registered
94 Posts
I realize that I am raising a zombie thread here but screw it. Top Gear is my favorite show. I have put some thought into their types.

Clarkson = ENTJ
He definitely has an "in charge" interaction style. He shows strong use of Se but I think it is tertiary. It makes sense that his tertiary function would be heavily used because of how wildly extraverted he is. Look at the way he moves around. That is not the way an Se dom moves. He seems very Te dom and I don't detect any Fe from him.

Hamster = ????
I can't decide what he is. He seems to use Fe but I have a hard time identifying Fi vs Fe in a lot of extraverts. I've got it narrowed down to a "getting things going" interaction style. That puts him at ENFP, ENTP, ESFJ or ESFP. Can't decide.

May = INTP
Some people have suggested that he is an ISTP. There is no way an ISTP would get the nickname "Captain Slow" (barring irony). You could make an argument for ISTJ because he shows STRONG use of Si. There again, I think it is tertiary. I also think this interaction style is more "behind the scenes" than "chart the course".

The Stig is only a racing driver who doesn't have the mental capacity to use more than a couple functions. Se and Ti are obviously those two.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Bump...raising a dead thread after watching some Top Gear on Netflix...

I realize that I am raising a zombie thread here but screw it. Top Gear is my favorite show. I have put some thought into their types.

Clarkson = ENTJ
He definitely has an "in charge" interaction style. He shows strong use of Se but I think it is tertiary. It makes sense that his tertiary function would be heavily used because of how wildly extraverted he is. Look at the way he moves around. That is not the way an Se dom moves. He seems very Te dom and I don't detect any Fe from him.

Hamster = ????
I can't decide what he is. He seems to use Fe but I have a hard time identifying Fi vs Fe in a lot of extraverts. I've got it narrowed down to a "getting things going" interaction style. That puts him at ENFP, ENTP, ESFJ or ESFP. Can't decide.

May = INTP
Some people have suggested that he is an ISTP. There is no way an ISTP would get the nickname "Captain Slow" (barring irony). You could make an argument for ISTJ because he shows STRONG use of Si. There again, I think it is tertiary. I also think this interaction style is more "behind the scenes" than "chart the course".

The Stig is only a racing driver who doesn't have the mental capacity to use more than a couple functions. Se and Ti are obviously those two.
I agree with what you have for James and Jeremy. I think Hammond is an ESFJ.

·
SAY MY NAME
8,470 Posts
Clarkson is an ENTP, Hammond is an ISFP, and May is an ISTJ. Hot Version is far more interesting than Top Gear. Keiichi Tsuchiya is an ESTP, Manabu Orido is an ISTP, Juichi Wakisaka is another ESTP, and Nobuteru Taniguchi is an INTP.

Only Stig from Top Gear would ever be good enough at drift and grip driving to be able to host Hot Version, the main hosts of Top Gear are just casual amateurs behind the wheel who happen to have a background in media. Hot Version utilises an opposite philosophy to Top Gear, find the best professional race car drivers who also happen to have entertaining and charismatic enough personalities to host a TV show, instead of find an entertaining and charismatic set of hosts who also happen to like cars. For a car show, driving is the main skill, not presenting!

·
Registered
507 Posts
I'd like to do their Enneagram types as nobody has:

Clarkson - Enneagram 8

May - Enneagram 5

Hammond - Enneagram 7

these typings for them are fairly obvious imo.

EDIT: Jeremy Clarkson: ENTJ
James May: ISTJ (VERY obviously an ISTJ)
Richard Hammond: ESFP

1 - 20 of 20 Posts