Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you had similar issues? I'm an ISFP btw, I think thats relevant. Any help is appreciated. I 100% know its one of those two. Especially the identity issues Seen so similar to me. But in general those two seem to overlap a whole lot.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Well, do you feel more like a shame/image-driven type, or anger/gut? Might not be so easy to tell, but if you haven't seen them already, these could give an idea:
Enneagram Overview – Three Groups of Three – Twos, Threes and Fours – Tom Condon | Nine Points Magazine
Enneagram Overview – Three Groups of Three – Eights, Nines, Ones – Tom Condon | Nine Points Magazine
Thankyouu, I haven't seen these articles yet. I still feel like I can heavily identify with both, but I feel like the core essence is this: Heart types feel misunderstood, Body types not seen. I wanna say I relate more to the first, definitely, but it's like: What if I'm just too blind to see deep enough? What if UNDER the 4 lies actually a 9 and I can't admit it to myself? How can I know? :/ (lol now I sound like a Head type, dang)

Edit: Okay I settled in 4 now after some research. I realized that at the very core is a desire to live up to a self created idealised image and my desire to be "Seen" is less of a core problem but just happens to correlate with 4.

·
Registered
930 Posts
It sounds you've figured it out, but I'll post this article for you just in case. For the longest time I thought I was 4w5 (or 5w4), and maybe if we get into tritype there's some relevance to that. But taking a good, hard look at my worst fear helped me figure out that I'm really a 9. Also, very important to read every description, including wings, and then step back and let it all sink in. For some reason I avoided reading the 9w8 description, but when I finally did it all made sense:

https://thoughtcatalog.com/heidi-pr...confused-about-your-enneagram-type-read-this/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts